B/R Eric Pincus, CLE MIA PHI WAS

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,860

Re: B/R Eric Pincus, CLE MIA PHI WAS 

Post#41 » by DowJones » Wed May 8, 2024 10:40 pm

NYG wrote:What non-2024 picks go where?

Reed and Mitchell to Miami
Butler to Philly
Herro to Cleveland

That's the deal IMO... just need all 3 fan bases to agree on the picks

If it’s just a pick based deal then I don’t see how this competes with Brooklyn when they have the PHX picks.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#42 » by BBallFreak » Wed May 8, 2024 11:47 pm

Butler to Philly
Herro to Cleveland

It seems to me the bulk of the picks have to come from Philadelphia. If I'm Miami I'm offering up one pick only.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,675

Post#43 » by NYG » Wed May 8, 2024 11:58 pm

DowJones wrote:

Butler to Philly
Herro to Cleveland

If it’s just a pick based deal then I don’t see how this competes with Brooklyn when they have the PHX picks.

Edit: Simmons for Mitchell and LeVert would require which Nets picks?
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,860

Post#44 » by DowJones » Thu May 9, 2024 12:42 am

NYG wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Butler to Philly
Herro to Cleveland

The Cavs have no reason to take on Simmons.

-Cam Johnson
-DFS
-2027 PHX 1st
-2029 PHX 1st

That is the core of what I have in mind. Swaps, the Dallas pick, Clowney, etc can be negotiated on but what I posted above would be the foundation of a Mitchell to Brooklyn deal that doesn't include Bridges.
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,829

Post#45 » by SkyHook » Thu May 9, 2024 1:42 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
SkyHook wrote:.

Please include your reasoning as per board policy. I realize it was someone else's idea, but we still need that.

Thanks!

Sorry about that. Didn't even cross my mind as I was commenting on an outside proposal. Looks like there was lively discussion nonetheless.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,629

Post#46 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:49 am

NYG wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Butler to Philly
Herro to Cleveland

All of them.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,140

Post#47 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 9, 2024 1:14 pm

SkyHook wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
SkyHook wrote:.

Please include your reasoning as per board policy. I realize it was someone else's idea, but we still need that.

Thanks!

Sorry about that. Didn't even cross my mind as I was commenting on an outside proposal. Looks like there was lively discussion nonetheless.

Yeah there definitely was. And I figured it was like that which is why we kept it open. Still its a good policy in general. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#48 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 9, 2024 1:21 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
NYG wrote:
DowJones wrote:

All of them.

you think an expiring mitchell is worth 6 1sts?
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#49 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 2:14 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
NYG wrote:

All of them.

I think it has to do with the Simmons inclusion. That's essentially dead money. No one wants that guy...
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,094

Post#50 » by tidho » Thu May 9, 2024 2:17 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
NYG wrote:

All of them.

well, CLE is also giving a functional (yet frustratingly inconsistent) rotation player, and more importantly taking on Simmons. LeVert is probably worth the worst of the picks, they'd deserve a pick for the honor of paying Simmons $40M next year, that means four for Mitchell. May or may not be worth that, but it's closer.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#51 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 9, 2024 3:02 pm

tidho wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
All of them.

well, CLE is also giving a functional (yet frustratingly inconsistent) rotation player, and more importantly taking on Simmons. LeVert is probably worth the worst of the picks, they'd deserve a pick for the honor of paying Simmons $40M next year, that means four for Mitchell. May or may not be worth that, but it's closer.

I have LeVert as negative value.
Texas Chuck

Post#52 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 9, 2024 3:19 pm

again we can't double count salary to demand extra pay. Yes Simmons isn't worth his money. But that money is already allocated to Mitchell. So you would get compensated for the better player, you don't also get to claim an additional $40M of salary you must be compensated for.

I also notice we never do this when our team uses bad money as salary matching. Kevin Love was sold to this board as an asset because he would eventually be an expiring contract. He wasn't an asset, but if he had been used as matching as an expiring and the team getting him was sending out as much or more money there wouldn't have been a Kevin Love tax. Cleveland would have just been expected to pay for the upgrade.

No idea why this continues.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#53 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 9, 2024 3:19 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
tidho wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

yea if levert cost a 1st then keep him out of the trade
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:25 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
tidho wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Like Mitchell and Simmons, LeVert will be on an expiring contract this summer.

Given this free agency pool, I could see someone giving LeVert a one-year deal at or near what he's making. I can't see anyone giving Simmons a one-year contract at or near his current salary.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HartfordWhalers

Post#55 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 9, 2024 4:59 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
tidho wrote:well, CLE is also giving a functional (yet frustratingly inconsistent) rotation player, and more importantly taking on Simmons. LeVert is probably worth the worst of the picks, they'd deserve a pick for the honor of paying Simmons $40M next year, that means four for Mitchell. May or may not be worth that, but it's closer.

Given this free agency pool, I could see someone giving LeVert a one-year deal at or near what he's making. I can't see anyone giving Simmons a one-year contract at or near his current salary.

If a gm did give LeVert a one year deal at his deal, I have it a bad decision.
If a gm gave Simmons a 1 year deal at his contract, I have it likely the result of a kidnapping extortion plot.

The second one doesn't make the first one positive value, just provides a worse contract as comparison.

And since Simmons for Mitchel works as is, there is no need to water down a Mitchell return by including LeVert. After all, I would expect the Nets to offer less if LeVert is included and cuts their ability to use cap space or the remaining tpe from the deal and have more flexibility. Certainly not include an extra 1st for the joy of LeVert.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:06 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

If a gm gave Simmons a 1 year deal at his contract, I have it likely the result of a kidnapping extortion plot.

The second one doesn't make the first one positive value, just provides a worse contract as comparison.

And since Simmons for Mitchel works as is, there is no need to water down a Mitchell return by including LeVert. After all, I would expect the Nets to offer less if LeVert is included and cuts their ability to use cap space or the remaining tpe from the deal and have more flexibility. Certainly not include an extra 1st for the joy of LeVert.

Personally, I'd be good keeping LeVert in the last year of his contract, especially if Mitchell is leaving and Simmons, who doesn't really fit our roster at all, is the only one coming back.

The push I'd make is Niang for DFS.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
HartfordWhalers

Post#57 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 9, 2024 5:08 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Personally, I'd be good keeping LeVert in the last year of his contract, especially if Mitchell is leaving and Simmons, who doesn't really fit our roster at all, is the only one coming back.

I kind of like Niang with Simmons (needed shooting) while DFS with Mitchell (defense), but obviously that would be a possible way to add value to Cleveland instead of via just picks.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:22 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I kind of like Niang with Simmons (needed shooting) while DFS with Mitchell (defense), but obviously that would be a possible way to add value to Cleveland instead of via just picks.

The problem is Simmons would only be on the Cavs for, at most, one season as to where Niang would stick around. If the Nets don't want him, he could be routed to a 3rd (non-playoff) team with minor draft capital. As far as DFS, the Nets still have all of Clowney, Claxton, Bridges, et. al., and getting off of DFS's P.O. would allow the Nets to add a third guy in the summer of 2025. He only started 57 games for them.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Texas Chuck

Post#59 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 9, 2024 5:27 pm

Niang being painted as a positive worth draft compensation while DFS is being painted as a contract a team would be delighted to get off because...checks notes...he only started more than twice as many games last season than Niang has in his career.

It's almost like we are valuing players for reasons other than their actual play.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Niang being painted as a positive worth draft compensation while DFS is being painted as a contract a team would be delighted to get off because...checks notes...he only started more than twice as many games last season than Niang has in his career.

It's almost like we are valuing players for reasons other than their actual play.

Are you even reading the posts?
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions