Who will sign Valanciunas ?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 946

Re: Who will sign Valanciunas ? 

Post#41 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 am

Texas Chuck wrote:He's literally never been a 20/10 player but I'm laughable for saying a guy who has played part-time and not closed games the past two years is a part-time player who doesn't close games.

One of is talking about literally what's happened and one of us is just making up stats and assigning them to him.

If that makes me the funny one, cool cool cool.

This thread is really angry with JV lol. To be fair to him, NoP have been playing him less is more to do with Zion and being in his way when on the court than anything else. JV can still give you an efficient 12 and 8, some passing and the occasional 3. He’s still an ok defender but his laterals of course, still suck. On the right roster he’d still be useful coming in against the bigger Cs that are left in the league.
In my personal opinion, I don’t think he chases money and signs on a rebuilding team, like the Wiz or Char, but chases a ring. I could see him signing the vet min for a year or 2 in the right situation - Suns, Warriors, Lakers, Philly, Bucks and Mavs all come to mind, even OKC or Magic. If he can get more then great, but he can always go home and make a lot of coin still afterwards; plus working on the NT as well.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#42 » by KOA » Tue May 14, 2024 2:38 am

I could see the Knicks signing him if Hartenstein bolts
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 256

Post#43 » by Consequence » Tue May 14, 2024 3:05 am

2yrs/20million, partial on the 2nd year, with what’s left of Philly’s cap space after they get their big fish. He’s bad defensively but he’s bad in ways that a team with pieces that complement Embiid can mitigate. This backup spot has been so bad for so long for them.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,153

Post#44 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 pm

I think we are going to see a return of players like Valanciunas in the league as teams try to figure out how to deal with Embiid, Joker, Wemby. If you have title aspirations you are going to need some actual big bodies to throw out there.

I think we are going to see a move away from the 5 out center that can switch as being the ideal. I think we are going to move towards guys that can defend and clog the paint. Of course in a perfect world you get everything all in the same player. But, until you have that perfect guy, folks like Valanciunas will have value.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,254

Post#45 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 2:13 pm

docholliday99 wrote:This thread is really angry with JV lol.

I'm not angry with JV at all. He is what he is. He's a fine rotational center. I just took issue with being told I was an idiot because I didn't just blindly accept a totally made up statistical output that exceeds anything he's ever managed. :D

Teams could do a lot worse for a 20-25 mpg starting center replaced by a better defender for the key moments in the game. It's just some posters can't take any perceived criticism of players from their team.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#46 » by Devilanche » Tue May 14, 2024 3:26 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:OKC for the MLE for 2+1 I think will happen

At this contract I’m in.

And I’m not a fan of the fit for the 5 out approach.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#47 » by Devilanche » Tue May 14, 2024 3:28 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:I think we are going to see a return of players like Valanciunas in the league as teams try to figure out how to deal with Embiid, Joker, Wemby. If you have title aspirations you are going to need some actual big bodies to throw out there.

I think we are going to see a move away from the 5 out center that can switch as being the ideal. I think we are going to move towards guys that can defend and clog the paint. Of course in a perfect world you get everything all in the same player. But, until you have that perfect guy, folks like Valanciunas will have value.

Yeap. If all he gets is MLE , I want him as the backup in OKC and we can pivot to more Chet minutes in the playoff anyway.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 946

Post#48 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:36 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:This thread is really angry with JV lol.

I'm not angry with JV at all. He is what he is. He's a fine rotational center. I just took issue with being told I was an idiot because I didn't just blindly accept a totally made up statistical output that exceeds anything he's ever managed. :D

Teams could do a lot worse for a 20-25 mpg starting center replaced by a better defender for the key moments in the game. It's just some posters can't take any perceived criticism of players from their team.

Well, idiot your not, I was just speaking about the thread in general and those magical stat projections, well, they were fairly fantasia-like.

I like the idea of the Lakers or Philly as a destination.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,716

Post#49 » by Sactowndog » Tue May 14, 2024 9:10 pm

For me the team who should sign Val is OKC. OKC was 2-2 against the Kings because Sabonis could beat up on Holgren down low. OKC doesn’t have the big strong dude you can play in drop coverage and doesn’t move when hit with a shoulder. Nor should OKC want to expose Chet to that level of physicality. Joker will do the same to him.

Val can be that guy and when you need him you slide Chet to 4 and Williams to 3. If gives OKC additional flexibility.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

Post#50 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 1:59 am

Lakers - Tax MLE

Return to Trades and Transactions