Trade offers for Darius Garland?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,886

Re: Trade offers for Darius Garland? 

Post#41 » by eminence » Thu May 16, 2024 12:32 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
eminence wrote:Collins/Clarkson (we could keep Clarkson if they'd prefer) + '27/'29 CLE 1st + '26/'28 CLE swap rights

Lets Cleveland take control of their own picks again. 2 picks + 2 swaps feels like a reasonably competitive offer from what I've seen in here.

i dont think that will help convince mitchell to re-sign

Cleveland can do the leg work turning those picks into different talent (Ingram or whomever), I'm just putting in an offer.
I bought a boat.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,415

Post#42 » by Colbinii » Thu May 16, 2024 12:33 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Vassel + Hawks 25/27 1sts + Bulls 1st.

This is insane. How is he more valuable than Vassel?

Part of it might be that Vassell's trade value is a little overhyped on Realgm. He's only one year younger than Garland. Vassell shoots 37% from 3, which is good, but not great. If you watch him play, Vassell is a good, but not great defender. Vassell's extension kicks in this summer. He's going to make $30M next season.

Okay, so you just gave an extremely casual assessment of Vassell.

Can you do the same for Garland?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,678

Post#43 » by nate33 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:48 pm

I think these valuations for Garland are excessive. Cleveland would be lucky to trade Garland straight up for Ingram. New Orleans definitely would not be adding anything.

Garland on a max contract with his defensive limitations and injury history is not THAT valuable.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#44 » by tidho » Thu May 16, 2024 12:54 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Vassel + Hawks 25/27 1sts + Bulls 1st.

That's a pretty good offer.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#45 » by Skybox » Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 pm

nate33 wrote:I think these valuations for Garland are excessive. Cleveland would be lucky to trade Garland straight up for Ingram. New Orleans definitely would not be adding anything.

Garland on a max contract with his defensive limitations and injury history is not THAT valuable.

I don't disagree about Garland, but...How's Ingram's contract, defensive limitations and injury history?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,722

Post#46 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm

It’s probably been done and it’s boring, but I really like

CJM+”however many” Firsts for Garland. Or CJM/Trey or such..

You tie in the right third team getting Caris for the wing Cleveland wants. CJM and Mitchell aren’t ideal, but staggered it’s fine and CJM salary is reasonable for 2025.. if it’s Trey and CJM, you probably are shipping CJM to a third team.. but think it would be ”four” firsts and a third team sending a borderline star wing to Cleveland..

NOP gets a young guard locked up on a 25% max. Keep Ingram or trade Ingram, either way.

Rui, DLO, Trey, 17th, ? To Cleveland
Garland to NOP
CJM to LAL

Something like that feels like it makes sense from my outside
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,820

Post#47 » by brackdan70 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:16 pm

youngcrev wrote:Does a KAT for Garland deal make sense? TWolves shave some salary and get a long-term solution at PG. Cavs would need to do something with Allen, but the fit of KAT with Mitchell/Mobley feels obvious

Cavs would need to add a bunch of value to this trade. I don’t see why it would make any sense for Minny.
Sign here
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,483

Post#48 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 16, 2024 1:23 pm

One of the wider spans of value I can recall seeing. I will say this much--if those assigning him neutral value (Miles Bridges/Russell jump out) are correct, he almost certainly doesn't get dealt.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#49 » by NYG » Thu May 16, 2024 1:31 pm

I have Garland for an extended Ingram as fair
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,968

Post#50 » by K_chile22 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:38 pm

I think he has a good amount of value but also think it's getting a little overboard in here. You've got to have more than one high level season before I'm fully bought in that that's who you are and this year was quite rough
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#51 » by ChettheJet » Thu May 16, 2024 2:01 pm

go ahead and hate it

straight up for Zach Lavine

basically the same contracts
CLE gets a stretch the floor shooter at the 2, Mitchell controls the ball as PG, while Lavine isn't really a playmaker the last few years he's had 5 assist per game passing the ball when the defense falls on him.

The Bulls end up with PG Garland and SG White with Dosunmu coming off the bench behind both with defense
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,923

Post#52 » by gswhoops » Thu May 16, 2024 2:19 pm

ChettheJet wrote:go ahead and hate it

straight up for Zach Lavine

basically the same contracts
CLE gets a stretch the floor shooter at the 2, Mitchell controls the ball as PG, while Lavine isn't really a playmaker the last few years he's had 5 assist per game passing the ball when the defense falls on him.

The Bulls end up with PG Garland and SG White with Dosunmu coming off the bench behind both with defense

I mean, this is terrible for Cleveland. It was pretty widely reported that Chicago shopped Lavine and there was no market for him, even for just expiring contracts.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#53 » by DowJones » Thu May 16, 2024 2:21 pm

jayjaysee wrote:It’s probably been done and it’s boring, but I really like

You tie in the right third team getting Caris for the wing Cleveland wants. CJM and Mitchell aren’t ideal, but staggered it’s fine and CJM salary is reasonable for 2025.. if it’s Trey and CJM, you probably are shipping CJM to a third team.. but think it would be ”four” firsts and a third team sending a borderline star wing to Cleveland..

NOP gets a young guard locked up on a 25% max. Keep Ingram or trade Ingram, either way.

Garland to NOP
CJM to LAL

I don't like CJM on Cleveland--at all. I would view him as little more than salary filler, which means NO is better off keeping him.

If I can get Rui and Trey for Garland then I am in. Trey and CJ for Garland is something i would consider as well, but I don't love it.

The deal that makes the most sense is Garland for Ingram. If Ingram is ok with extending at the max, I say let's go.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,715

Post#54 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:30 pm

Colbinii wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
This is insane. How is he more valuable than Vassel?

Part of it might be that Vassell's trade value is a little overhyped on Realgm. He's only one year younger than Garland. Vassell shoots 37% from 3, which is good, but not great. If you watch him play, Vassell is a good, but not great defender. Vassell's extension kicks in this summer. He's going to make $30M next season.

Okay, so you just gave an extremely casual assessment of Vassell.

Can you do the same for Garland?

I don't know what a casual assessment is. I think people are projecting a ceiling upon Vassell based on the development of skill sets he hasn't demonstrated he has in 4 years.

Conversely, Garland's best year was before he was asked to share the backcourt with one of the more ball-dominant guards in the NBA. I think it's no accident that Allen and Mobley both perform better when Garland runs the offense. I think that pairing Garland with Wemby would be a major coup for the Spurs and real headache for the rest of the teams out West.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,715

Post#55 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:31 pm

DowJones wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:It’s probably been done and it’s boring, but I really like

Garland to NOP
CJM to LAL

I don't like CJM on Cleveland--at all. I would view him as little more than salary filler, which means NO is better off keeping him.

If I can get Rui and Trey for Garland then I am in. Trey and CJ for Garland is something i would consider as well, but I don't love it.

The deal that makes the most sense is Garland for Ingram. If Ingram is ok with extending at the max, I say let's go.

I'll take CJ if it means Murphy comes along for the ride.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,586

Post#56 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:One of the wider spans of value I can recall seeing. I will say this much--if those assigning him neutral value (Miles Bridges/Russell jump out) are correct, he almost certainly doesn't get dealt.

Conversely i think teams pivot to murray if the asking price is ~4 1sts that i see on the other end of the spectrum.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 386

Post#57 » by Euphonetiks » Thu May 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Skybox wrote:
nate33 wrote:I think these valuations for Garland are excessive. Cleveland would be lucky to trade Garland straight up for Ingram. New Orleans definitely would not be adding anything.

I don't disagree about Garland, but...How's Ingram's contract, defensive limitations and injury history?

Ingram is a considerably more capable defender. Garland is bad playing with Mobley/Allen protecting the rim and Okoro defending the perimeter. Maybe some of that is due to injuiry this year, but Ingram is below average playing next to Zion/CJ/Jonas with Herb his saving grace.

Because of his size, Garland is always going to be someone you have to hide in the playoffs regardless of effort. Alvarado/CJ got abused in our series with OKC. Teams will hunt the little guys. This gets amplified with a lack of rim protection.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,722

Post#58 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

I would definitely prefer involving a third team over getting CJ since 2025 gets expensive and he’s a luxury than a need..

But he just shouldn’t be a deal breaker as there would be a role for him and he would improve the team in this scenario..

I’m not sure you can start Garland, Ingram, Jones though. Maybe you can with Daniels and Naji mixed in.

And I feel like I know better than to start talking about Herb and Garland trades again.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#59 » by DowJones » Thu May 16, 2024 2:50 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Ingram is a considerably more capable defender. Garland is bad playing with Mobley/Allen protecting the rim and Okoro defending the perimeter. Maybe some of that is due to injuiry this year, but Ingram is below average playing next to Zion/CJ/Jonas with Herb his saving grace.

Because of his size, Garland is always going to be someone you have to hide in the playoffs regardless of effort. Alvarado/CJ got abused in our series with OKC. Teams will hunt the little guys. This gets amplified with a lack of rim protection.

It sounds like Ingram is getting moved this offseason. What are the Pelicans looking for? You guys have Jones/Murphy/Zion to handle the perimeter but you desperately need a PG and you probably need a center as well. What type of trade packages would the Pels be looking for?
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#60 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 16, 2024 3:03 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:To answer OP's question, I think the Nets make the most sense. Something along the lines of CamJo and all of the PHX picks that BRK has for Garland make sense. CamJo's shooting will augment Mitchell/Mobley nicely. Allen too, unless they trade him-which they should for a good wing to pair with Mtichell.

I wouldn’t do that if I’m Brooklyn.

The Suns 1sts are reserved for superstars exclusively.

After that last disaster, I'm 100% sure what superstar wants to play in Bedstuy. I don't think getting a possibly disgruntled Luka, Giannis or Embiid is realistic personally. To say nothing of the fact you have no actual players to trade. Aside from Mikal, who I assume you'll Wana pair with this theoretical "superstar"..... and even he isn't enough quite frankly.

Return to Trades and Transactions