SAC/NJ/LA

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#41 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:51 pm

incontrol__ wrote:As has already been stated multiple times, since Jefferson can't play PF and would create an even worse log-jam at SF (we already have Ariza, Walton and sometimes Vlad there), we wouldn't do this deal. And we definetly wouldn't add Critt.

Also, I preferred your previous location, Smills.

You know.. the one about Hawes being better than Bynum. That was a good one.

I'm a patient one...where was Bynum at 19? It'll definitely be a battle down the road.
incontrol__
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#42 » by incontrol__ » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Bynum was actually starting 53 games for the Lakers and putting up 7.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg and 1.6 bpg in 21.9 mpg when he was 19. :lol:

Of course, he did barely anything in his rookie season. :wink:
Smills91
Banned User

Post#43 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:05 pm

incontrol__ wrote:Bynum was actually starting 53 games for the Lakers and putting up 7.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg and 1.6 bpg in 21.9 mpg when he was 19. :lol:

Of course, he did barely anything in his rookie season. :wink:

Yeah, referring more to his rookie season, since Hawes was unable to come out of HS in the draft. He also has a Brad Miller in front of him taking minutes away from him...so. It'll be a couple three years for Spencer.

Bynum had the body with no skills, Hawes has the skills but no body coming into the league.

Bynum has had to learn the skills, whereas Hawes will have to develop his body.

I still think Hawes will have a tremendous career in the NBA with his ability to hit outside shots AND take into the paint.
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#44 » by spidythejoe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:34 pm

At the risk of making this trade overly complicated, what if Seattle was also included, sending a package of Chirs Wilcox and Damien Wilkins for Kwame Brown and Javaris Crittenton.

Wilkins would go to NJ.

Breakdown then looks like this.

Sacramento
In: Jason Collins, Sean Williams, Top 10 protected first
Out: Ron Artest

I think Williams and first is plenty for Artest.

New Jersey
In: Lamar Odom, Damien Wilkins, Ron Artest
Out: Jason Collins, Richard Jefferson, Sean Williams, Top 10 protected first

Win. Now.

Los Angeles
In: Richard Jefferson, Chris Wilcox
Out: Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, Javaris Crittenton

Abrakadabra: a second option and a power forward for LA.

Seattle
In: Kwame Brown('s expiring contract), Javaris Crittenton
Out: Damien Wilkins, Chris Wilcox

Lots of money and a point guard for a power forward who will hopefully be replaced by Michael Beasly.

Edit: For spelling.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#45 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 pm

spidythejoe wrote:At the risk of making this trade overly complicated, what if Seattle was also included, sending a package of Chirs Wilcox and Damien Wilkins for Kwame Brown and Javaris Crittenton.

Wilkins would go to NJ.

Breakdown then looks like this.

Sacramento
In: Jason Collins, Sean Williams, Top 10 protected first
Out: Ron Artest

I think Williams and first is plenty for Artest.

New Jersey
In: Lamar Odom, Damien Wilkins, Ron Artest
Out: Jason Collins, Richard Jefferson, Sean Williams, Top 10 protected first

Win. Now.

Los Angeles
In: Richard Jefferson, Chris Wilcox
Out: Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, Javaris Crittenton

Abrakadabra: a second option and a power forward for LA.

Seattle
In: Kwame Brown('s expiring contract), Javaris Crittenton
Out: Damien Wilkins, Chris Wilcox

Lots of money and a point guard for a power forward who will hopefully be replaced by Michael Beasly.

Edit: For spelling.

Kings pass...I'd rather have Artest than Sean Williams and a mid-late first rounder. Also Collins ADDS additional guaranteed money to the Kings franchise.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#46 » by longfellow44 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Your insane Smills. Simply insane. Sean Williams would be perfect in Sacramento not to mention he is a straight up defensive player he doesn't need the ball to be effective. We Have tons of wings who need the ball, trading a very talented Wing for a very talented big defensive stopper is a no brainer. Sean Williams may be young and a bit raw but you have to look to the future and stop day dreaming about the current kings lineup. We have the opportunity to be a very good team down the line but if we don't dedicate ourselves to the future we are going to be stuck in the middle just as we are now.

So smills what do you want more a chance at a championship down the line by fully rebuilding or a chance to play in the playoffs perenially but never to sniff a Ring.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#47 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 pm

I think this is a great deal for the Kings, as well as the other teams. Kings get young defensive PF, Nets get very productive vets that will be able to play w/ Jason Kidd. This Nets team would be built for a championship run. An amazing 2nd scoring option for LA is also very good, and will help ease back court pressure on Kobe. This almost seems like a potential Jordan/Pippen set up, but they do need a PF to come back to them in the deal to replace Odom's rebounding (Vlad Rad doesn't do that).
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#48 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Good point LongFellow44. The Kings need to create a new team. They have wonderful talent at the 2,3, and 5 spots. Udrih has been a great pick up at the 1. Our greatest weakness is the 4. As a Kings fan I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Martin, Salmons, S. Williams, and Hawes would be a very promising young core to build on. Plus there is young bench strength with Garcia and Udrih (could also be a long term starter). To me, this really is a no brainer, especially with the draft pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions