Fixing Milwaukee

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#41 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:43 am

REDDzone wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You mock 'indepth logic' when your original post said something along the lines of "I like Mo but he's a bad fit".

How is that in-depth logic.

The bottom line is, last year and previously, Mo was shoot-first. This year he isn't. He has done everything the Bucks asked him to do in the off-season, and he is a good fit for us now.

Fine, I'm a hypocrite. Your post was definitely mock-worthy, so I took the opportunity. This one is worthy of a Bucks fan. And I did check the +/- numbers and see that the Bucks have played significantly better with Williams in this season, so maybe I was hasty in judgment. Since you were nice enough to ask, yes I've seen the Bux a few times this season, and I've been a fan since Lew Alcindor's rookie year.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#42 » by skones » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:04 am

Ruzious wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not sure I'd make the trade, but clearly defense and rebounding are weaknesses on the Bucks, and Daly is better at both - particularly on defense - even though Bogut has improved his shot-blocking from pathetic to okay - so far. 26 is still a fine age for a rebuilding team. And in a couple of years, Bogut is likely going to make money similar to Daly.

Ok, Bogut may be making Daly Money in a couple years, but that's a couple years where Milwaukee is saving some money. When Daly was 23 years old much like Bogut is today, he averaged 8.2 points 7.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks. Bogut's numbers at the same age are superior in all three categories. You can attribute minutes to Bogut being better, but Dalembert's had problems with foul trouble, he couldn't stay on the floor long enough to get those extra points, rebounds, and blocks.

Bogut has improved his shot-blocking from pathetic to ok? That statements purpose is to demean Bogut, flat out. Last time I checked, when a guy is blocking 1.8 shots per game, that's good, not ok. Last time I checked, that number makes him one of the better shotblockers in the league this season. He's blocking shots at the same rate as Emeka Okafor, Tim Duncan, and Ben Wallace. I suppose those guys are just OK shot blockers as well right?

I personally take Bogut over Dalembert right now because he's much more useful on the offensive side of the ball while being a comparable rebounder. He isn't the shotblocker Dalembert is but few are. If I'm blowing up the team, I'm keeping Bogut PERIOD. He's got some potential, and after being consistently misused through his first few seasons, his development has been stunted. With a blown up team, the Bucks can forcefeed him the ball and force him to develop which he likely will. His post game was getting much better early on this season before we went away from it again.

Put it this way. Dalembert increased his statistical output by 3.1 ppg and 2 rpg since his season at 23 years old. If Bogut can somehow do that over the next three years, (I think it's possible he does), you suddenly have a 15 ppg 10-11 rpg center.

26 is a fine age for a rebuilding team, but it is not a fine age for a team basically blowing up everything and starting from near ground zero. I mean when we finally make the playoffs, Dalembert could be 30 years old.

Return to Trades and Transactions