Best Offers for Mikal Bridges

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Re: Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#81 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 11:50 pm

Skybox wrote:CLE sends: Mobley, Strus
CLE gets: Mikal Bridges
Assuming Mitchell is sticking around (or even if he's not), Bridges is that special 2-way SF every team wants and CLE has lacked. Paired with Allen, Garland, and Mitchell, they're improved and much better balanced. Even if Mitchell wants to go-he'll fetch a lot back and CLE will have a very nice young core to keep proceeding. Bridges could be the key to keeping Mitchell.

ORL sends: Anthony Black, ORL 25 frp, DEN 25 frp, ORL 27 frp
ORL gets: Mobley
ORL squints and sees rookie extension hell but that's the reality of an ultra-young, perfectly matched core. They'd still have plenty of cap to find that FA scoring Lead Guard this summer (Monk?) before working on THREE very large rookie extensions and Paolo's max next summer.

BRK sends: Mikal Bridges
BRK gets : Anthony Black, 3 frps from ORL
BRK will have a ton of cap space when Simmons expires. AB could become a solid counterbalance to Cam Thomas, while they rebuild through the draft. AB and a re-upped Claxton could form a sound, long, defensive foundation. IF Simmons comes around, he WAS All-NBA not too long ago....lotta picks

I doubt the Cavs move Mobley but if they do I imagine Brooklyn cuts out Orlando and keeps him for themselves.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,839

Post#82 » by Skybox » Wed May 8, 2024 11:57 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Assuming Mitchell is sticking around (or even if he's not), Bridges is that special 2-way SF every team wants and CLE has lacked. Paired with Allen, Garland, and Mitchell, they're improved and much better balanced. Even if Mitchell wants to go-he'll fetch a lot back and CLE will have a very nice young core to keep proceeding. Bridges could be the key to keeping Mitchell.

ORL squints and sees rookie extension hell but that's the reality of an ultra-young, perfectly matched core. They'd still have plenty of cap to find that FA scoring Lead Guard this summer (Monk?) before working on THREE very large rookie extensions and Paolo's max next summer.

BRK will have a ton of cap space when Simmons expires. AB could become a solid counterbalance to Cam Thomas, while they rebuild through the draft. AB and a re-upped Claxton could form a sound, long, defensive foundation. IF Simmons comes around, he WAS All-NBA not too long ago....lotta picks

I doubt the Cavs move Mobley but if they do I imagine Brooklyn cuts out Orlando and keeps him for themselves.

I figure you keep Claxton...but send him to ORL on a SnT then...but we keep a couple of the picks.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Post#83 » by LightTheBeam » Thu May 9, 2024 12:09 am

theBigLip wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
It wouldn’t be Plan A for Pistons cap space, but something to consider. Barnes would fit but $18M + $19M? Pistons might get a better/younger free agent with that kind of $.

Doesn't Detroit have like 50-60 million in projected cap?

Who do you have Detroit targeting in FA?

$70M+ in cap space but $15-20M will go to Fontecchio.

Monk Bridges Claxton would be awesome. All UFAs. If we’re not signing free agents, then we can use the cap space in trades, absorb some salary and pick up assets.

Does Monk make sense with Cade, Ivey, Grimes already there? Seems like Ivey fits that role already.

Big money on Claxton? What's the word on Duren? Isn't he the center of the future and Wiseman worked as the backup.

Bridges I like and he's from Michigan. Makes sense to chase him.
Will be interesting for sure!
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#84 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 9, 2024 12:13 am

Skybox wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I figure you keep Claxton...but send him to ORL on a SnT then...but we keep a couple of the picks.

I think Brooklyn would keep both and see if Mobley can refine that jump shot.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,820

Post#85 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 1:54 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
You really don’t get it do you.

The role of the player matters. How they score matters.

That’s why one is 3&D and the other isn’t. That’s why one’s a 3rd option and the other isn’t. That’s why a real team offered 4 1sts for Bridges but not OG.

But live in your make believe world and let me know when you join the rest of us.

Gotta love it when people are so confidently wrong. Especially when they clearly haven’t watched the players they’re talking about.
I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. But good luck to the fool who offers 4 1st rd picks for a non allstar. :lol:

If Bridges is worth 4 1st. Imagine what Booker would go for 6 1st rd picks! Nah that doesn't seem right. One of us living in reality. The other is playing 2k.

Like I said. It’s crazy to see someone so confidently wrong about players they don’t watch.

Whole thread must be playing 2k huh? Cause there’s multiple 4 1st offers in here.
We will see what the offer is if they decide to trade him.

I still don't get your point. Bridges is not a all-star level player like I said. Maybe he gets there one day until then he's a elite "best 3&d player in the league".

If that's an insult then so be it. Would love to have him in Charlotte btw. :D
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#86 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 9, 2024 2:59 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. But good luck to the fool who offers 4 1st rd picks for a non allstar. :lol:

If Bridges is worth 4 1st. Imagine what Booker would go for 6 1st rd picks! Nah that doesn't seem right. One of us living in reality. The other is playing 2k.

Like I said. It’s crazy to see someone so confidently wrong about players they don’t watch.

Whole thread must be playing 2k huh? Cause there’s multiple 4 1st offers in here.

I still don't get your point. Bridges is not a all-star level player like I said. Maybe he gets there one day until then he's a elite "best 3&d player in the league".

My point is that there’s a wide range of players between 3&D and All-Star.

Bridges falls much closer to the All Star group than the 3&D group.

I would define 3&D as someone whose offense almost exclusively comes from spot up shooting due to an inability to create for themselves or others.

I’m not even a fan. In fact all of my favorite off-season scenarios involve trading him. But 3&D isn’t an accurate characterization of his game.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#87 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 3:07 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I would define 3&D as someone whose offense almost exclusively comes from spot up shooting due to an inability to create for themselves or others.

I’m not even a fan. In fact all of my favorite off-season scenarios involve trading him. But 3&D isn’t an accurate characterization of his game.

My man he's a career 14ppg scorer. He's a 3&D player right now. That's not all-star numbers. Just so you know Terry Rozier averaged 23ppg this season and nobody considers him a all-star.

Im giving him the room to get at an all-star caliber level. Right now he's the best 3&D wing in basketball imo. He has the potential to be more I just haven't seen it yet. That's all im saying.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,675

Post#88 » by NYG » Thu May 9, 2024 3:11 am

Hawks get:
Mikal Bridges
Dennis Schroder
Larry Nance Jr.

Nets get:
Brandon Ingram
AJ Griffin
10th Overall Draft Pick

Pelicans get:
Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,856

Post#89 » by theBigLip » Thu May 9, 2024 4:53 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
Doesn't Detroit have like 50-60 million in projected cap?

Who do you have Detroit targeting in FA?

Monk Bridges Claxton would be awesome. All UFAs. If we’re not signing free agents, then we can use the cap space in trades, absorb some salary and pick up assets.

Does Monk make sense with Cade, Ivey, Grimes already there? Seems like Ivey fits that role already.

Big money on Claxton? What's the word on Duren? Isn't he the center of the future and Wiseman worked as the backup.

Good points.

I think Ivey will be fine but he still has some work to do on both sides of the ball. Some of my board wants to give up on him already. I don’t. He’s still young. Monk shoots better which could work better w Cade. Grimes could be a great steal if he can be 100% healthy.

Duren is like Ivey - needs to work on his D, although his offense made great strides this year. Claxton is better at D than both Duren and Wiseman. I’m not sure if Wiseman’s coming back if we have to pay too much. But he got better this year as well.

Bridges fills in at the 3/4, can shoot.

Cade/Sasser
Monk/Ivey/Grimes
Fontecchio/Thompson
Bridges/Stewart
Claxton/Duren/Wiseman
+ Top 5 pick

So that’s what I’d like if we don’t have to overpay for any of the FAs. There would be a lot of position battles which would be good. And a lot of tradeable assets. But free agency doesn’t always go as planned.

Would Barnes help? Sure. But I’d rather do something like this as Plan A.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,323

Post#90 » by DirtyDez » Thu May 9, 2024 7:15 am

This is OKC all the way.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#91 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 9, 2024 9:46 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:We will see what the offer is if they decide to trade him.

My man he's a career 14ppg scorer. He's a 3&D player right now. That's not all-star numbers. Just so you know Terry Rozier averaged 23ppg this season and nobody considers him a all-star.

Im giving him the room to get at an all-star caliber level. Right now he's the best 3&D wing in basketball imo. He has the potential to be more I just haven't seen it yet. That's all im saying.

And Brunson is a 16ppg career scorer. Guess he’s still a 3rd option in your eyes.

Clearly we disagree on the definition of what a 3&D player is, or you’re unfamiliar with his game. Either way it’s time to stop beating this horse.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#92 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 9, 2024 9:47 am

DirtyDez wrote:This is OKC all the way.

What does an OKC trade look like without Giddey?

I can’t imagine the Nets having any interest in him.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#93 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 2:05 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

And Brunson is a 16ppg career scorer. Guess he’s still a 3rd option in your eyes.

Clearly we disagree on the definition of what a 3&D player is, or you’re unfamiliar with his game. Either way it’s time to stop beating this horse.
Brunson id a all-star my goodness man. :banghead:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Post#94 » by LightTheBeam » Thu May 9, 2024 2:39 pm

theBigLip wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Good points.

I think Ivey will be fine but he still has some work to do on both sides of the ball. Some of my board wants to give up on him already. I don’t. He’s still young. Monk shoots better which could work better w Cade. Grimes could be a great steal if he can be 100% healthy.

Duren is like Ivey - needs to work on his D, although his offense made great strides this year. Claxton is better at D than both Duren and Wiseman. I’m not sure if Wiseman’s coming back if we have to pay too much. But he got better this year as well.

Cade/Sasser
Monk/Ivey/Grimes
Fontecchio/Thompson
Bridges/Stewart
Claxton/Duren/Wiseman
+ Top 5 pick

So that’s what I’d like if we don’t have to overpay for any of the FAs. There would be a lot of position battles which would be good. And a lot of tradeable assets. But free agency doesn’t always go as planned.

Yea that makes sense, it's a young team that could develop some better habits).

I'll say I absolutely agree that if that off-season is on the table it is a no brainer, but from out outsiders POV that's very optimistic. 3 of the better young free agents and all at the same time. Getting 1 of those guys would be nice, 2 of those guys would be considered a slam dunk off-season, 3 and Detroit won the off-season lol.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,362

Post#95 » by patman66 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Send him down to Charlotte.

Bertans/Micic/2 future 1st Rd picks

Sorry but any team trading 4 1st for a 3&D wing and a 3rd option needs to have the GM license revoked!

This gets outbid by many teams.

3&D is a gross mischaracterization of Bridges.

That's his game lol.

Is he a superstar or something?

yeah, he is something, just because he is not a superstar does not mean he doesn't have a lot of value.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#96 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 3:58 pm

patman66 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
This gets outbid by many teams.

3&D is a gross mischaracterization of Bridges.

That's his game lol.

Is he a superstar or something?

yeah, he is something, just because he is not a superstar does not mean he doesn't have a lot of value.

He's not a superstar or all-star. I said he has potential to be an all-star.

Did I disrespect him or something?
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,856

Post#97 » by theBigLip » Thu May 9, 2024 6:56 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Good points.

Cade/Sasser
Monk/Ivey/Grimes
Fontecchio/Thompson
Bridges/Stewart
Claxton/Duren/Wiseman
+ Top 5 pick

Yea that makes sense, it's a young team that could develop some better habits).

I'll say I absolutely agree that if that off-season is on the table it is a no brainer, but from out outsiders POV that's very optimistic. 3 of the better young free agents and all at the same time. Getting 1 of those guys would be nice, 2 of those guys would be considered a slam dunk off-season, 3 and Detroit won the off-season lol.

I’m a deranged optimist :lol:
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,663

Post#98 » by Skin » Thu May 9, 2024 7:15 pm

Jalen Suggs and filler.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#99 » by Wolveswin » Thu May 9, 2024 7:30 pm

Skin wrote:Jalen Suggs and filler.

I rather have Suggs. If I am Magic, no deal can’t be said fast enough.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 14

Post#100 » by rambo_ortega » Thu May 9, 2024 8:29 pm

How about Julius Randle and Bojan Bogdanovic for Bridges and Cam Johnson?

Brooklyn gets an 3x All Star and Bojan who are both used to playing for a developing team. Cam Thomas looks like a star in the making who can mesh well with Randle's game.

Claxton/Randle/Bogdanovic/Thomas/Shroeder

Knicks get another Villanova guy who fits perfectly with the success they are having, and another shooter who can come off the bench.

Hartenstein/OG/Bridges/Hart/Brunson
Robinson/Achiuwa/Cam/Donte/McBride

Return to Trades and Transactions