Finding THJ a home

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 177

Re: Finding THJ a home 

Post#81 » by Astaluego » Fri May 17, 2024 11:53 am

babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Love the premise of this thread and agree 100%. THJ and Green should be on the market for a dump of some sort

Is Utah really going to draft 3 guys this year? Might they trade 31 for Green and take him into space? His value is hard to gauge, I think he's mostly trash but I've been told I'm just a hater, so not sure.

WOuld a team desperate for shooting take THJ for a smaller deal?

I don't see us adding value for Green, I'd expect Dallas to have to pay us to take his contract.
You paid an SRP (if I'm not mistaken) for Collins... how much do you need to take a 23-year-old 2-way guy, who earns +- the MLE and plays regular minutes in a contender...???
Old Mike Lorenzo
Monky15
Starter
And1: 706

Post#82 » by Monky15 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:18 pm

Would THJ leave 7M on the table in a buyout if he feels he can sign a multi year deal with another team this off season?
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,880

Post#83 » by BK_2020 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:27 pm

Monky15 wrote:Would THJ leave 7M on the table in a buyout if he feels he can sign a multi year deal with another team this off season?

What team would give him a T-MLE deal and for more than 2 seasons guaranteed? He's bad on offense, worse on defense, and 32 years old.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,501

Post#84 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 3:27 pm

Astaluego wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Love the premise of this thread and agree 100%. THJ and Green should be on the market for a dump of some sort

Is Utah really going to draft 3 guys this year? Might they trade 31 for Green and take him into space? His value is hard to gauge, I think he's mostly trash but I've been told I'm just a hater, so not sure.

WOuld a team desperate for shooting take THJ for a smaller deal?

I don't see us adding value for Green, I'd expect Dallas to have to pay us to take his contract.
You paid an SRP (if I'm not mistaken) for Collins... how much do you need to take a 23-year-old 2-way guy, who earns +- the MLE and plays regular minutes in a contender...???

Who cares what we traded for Collins? He's not worth his contract and, IMO, neither is Green.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#85 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:36 pm

THJ + 2025 DAL 1st + 2nds to CHI for Ayo Dosumu, Jevon Carter, and Torrey Craig? Maybe OMP instead of the 2nds? That would fill out Dallas' depth chart really nicely:

Lively/Gafford
Washington/Kleber/Craig
Luka/Green/Craig
Jones/Donsunmu
Kyrie/Carter/Dosunmu

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,213

Post#86 » by Mavrelous » Fri May 17, 2024 5:01 pm

babyjax13 wrote:THJ + 2025 DAL 1st + 2nds to CHI for Ayo Dosumu, Jevon Carter, and Torrey Craig? Maybe OMP instead of the 2nds? That would fill out Dallas' depth chart really nicely:

Lively/Gafford
Washington/Kleber/Craig
Luka/Green/Craig
Jones/Donsunmu
Kyrie/Carter/Dosunmu

Maybe w/o the 1st? Carter is a negative value, Craig is JAG, Ayo is a 3&D guard, Mavs already have Green for a similar role...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,722

Post#87 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 pm

If Chicago does that trade, would they just do Green and the first for Ayo?

Once you dump Powell for cash and/or a second you can safely give DJJ 11-12 million of the TPE I believe..

I think Ayo could take another big step this coming season and be a really nice bargain for a team trying to stay under the apron..
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#88 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 17, 2024 5:57 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:THJ + 2025 DAL 1st + 2nds to CHI for Ayo Dosumu, Jevon Carter, and Torrey Craig? Maybe OMP instead of the 2nds? That would fill out Dallas' depth chart really nicely:

Lively/Gafford
Washington/Kleber/Craig
Luka/Green/Craig
Jones/Donsunmu
Kyrie/Carter/Dosunmu

Maybe w/o the 1st? Carter is a negative value, Craig is JAG, Ayo is a 3&D guard, Mavs already have Green for a similar role...

Yea in no way should Dallas give up a 1st for that heap of nothing from Chi
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,655

Post#89 » by JRoy » Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Lively/Gafford
Washington/Kleber/Craig
Luka/Green/Craig
Jones/Donsunmu
Kyrie/Carter/Dosunmu

+1 for “heap of rotting nothing”
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#90 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:34 pm

JRoy wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

IDK, I think Ayo is quite a bit better than THJ and both Carter and Craig are roleplayers who can play minutes on a playoff team. If the deal is off on value I'm sure it can be bridged with Chicago sending some 2nds and/or reasonable protections on the pick. Maybe I'm way off, but Ayo seems like exactly the kind of rotation player Dallas needs?

JColl
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#91 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 17, 2024 6:44 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

IDK, I think Ayo is quite a bit better than THJ and both Carter and Craig are roleplayers who can play minutes on a playoff team. If the deal is off on value I'm sure it can be bridged with Chicago sending some 2nds and/or reasonable protections on the pick. Maybe I'm way off, but Ayo seems like exactly the kind of rotation player Dallas needs?

Not for a first, and Carter has an extra year. No reason for Dallas to give up one of their last remaining picks for these guys at all
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,975

Post#92 » by psman2 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:44 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Ayo really put some stats down the stretch and is trending up. I think a lot of teams would like to get him in their rotation and see if his stats translate in that role. Not sure if a 1st is out there for him yet but he is the type of guy I wouldn't mind a team buying high on and overpaying some. I wouldn't mind if the Bucks offered 23 for him or Nuggets at 28. Bulls still might not be willing sellers.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#93 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I think part of the problem is.. you still have Josh Green stuck as a worse version of Ayo.. so you have to use assets to get rid of Green to actually balance the roster or free up the MLE, etc.. while paying a first and being stuck with Carter..

If I were targeting Ayo it would have to involve a third team. Chicago needs to trim salary or reallocate it to the four, Dallas needs to trim salary and keep their four. Rough pegs to me.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,491

Post#94 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 17, 2024 6:55 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Ayo in theory fits Dallas. I think if you are playing Craig or Carter in playoff games you pretty much hate it. I would have them as basically meaningless to the calculation here except as contracts. I mean Carter is behind Luka, Kyrie, Ayo, Green and Exum He has no role even in the RS. Craig might steal some minutes if Jones is gone, but he's not a good solution to playoff minutes.

Should Dallas empty their clip for Ayo? I wouldn't. But its a small overpay and he's young so if they think he is on the ascent--and our Bulls fans are Bullish on him--and the Mavs are willing to have a sky high payroll to keep him--maybe you just overpay?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#95 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:57 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Ayo in theory fits Dallas. I think if you are playing Craig or Carter in playoff games you pretty much hate it. I would have them as basically meaningless to the calculation here except as contracts. I mean Carter is behind Luka, Kyrie, Ayo, Green and Exum He has no role even in the RS. Craig might steal some minutes if Jones is gone, but he's not a good solution to playoff minutes.

Should Dallas empty their clip for Ayo? I wouldn't. But its a small overpay and he's young so if they think he is on the ascent--and our Bulls fans are Bullish on him--and the Mavs are willing to have a sky high payroll to keep him--maybe you just overpay?

Maybe Ayo + Caruso makes more sense?

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#96 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 pm

Kuzma, Hardy, and Prosper to Chicago
Ayo and Caruso to Dallas
THJ, Green, Carter, Dallas 2025 first to Washington

And anyone can have the rest of Dallas’ 2nds?

Full MLE opened for DJJ and Luka guards the worst player on court at all times?
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#97 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Kuzma, Hardy, and Prosper to Chicago
Ayo and Caruso to Dallas

Probably easier without Washington. This still lets Chicago have their half-tank while adding a pick. I think Green can be dumped into someone's cap space relatively easily if needed.

JColl
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 177

Post#98 » by Astaluego » Fri May 17, 2024 7:26 pm

Ayo and Caruso to Dallas

I like this much more... Caruso and saving to be able to sign DJJ is all I would like... ideally send some extra SRP and canned O-Max..?.. The boy has been under the radar, since he has spent the entire year in the G league, but his development is going even better than expected, I think many Dallas fans are excited about the boy
Old Mike Lorenzo
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#99 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 17, 2024 7:26 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Ayo and Caruso to Dallas

Probably easier without Washington. This still lets Chicago have their half-tank while adding a pick. I think Green can be dumped into someone's cap space relatively easily if needed.

Chicago really can’t take on the extra money Dallas needs them to and stay under the tax, while keeping Demar/Patrick.. and I assume they have to stay under the tax for that roster..

If they’re actually rebuilding, I agree with you cut Washington out completely. And they should rebuild. I just don’t believe they will.

But yeah, they might prefer to just keep one of Green or THJ while using 2nds to dump the other, and run the group back while getting an actual first. Would still need/want Carter cut out though..
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#100 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 17, 2024 7:30 pm

Astaluego wrote:
Ayo and Caruso to Dallas

I like this much more... Caruso and saving to be able to sign DJJ is all I would like... ideally send some extra SRP and canned O-Max..?.. The boy has been under the radar, since he has spent the entire year in the G league, but his development is going even better than expected, I think many Dallas fans are excited about the boy

Yeah, Prosper is an interesting prospect though very raw and more of a scratch off ticket?

I think it would cost “everything” to get both Caruso and Ayo. But think it’s worth everything. Find a vet min forward you’re not afraid of playing 8-10 mpg and really have a nice group..

Return to Trades and Transactions