Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#961 » by NYG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:51 am

Bogdan Bogdanovic to the Rockets

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

Jae'Sean Tate, Jock Landale, Jeff Green and '24 Kings 1st via Hawks to the Raptors
NYG
RealGM

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#962 » by NYG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:53 am

AJ Griffin and Clint Capela for Wendell Carter Jr.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,380

Post#963 » by shrink » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:42 am

NYG wrote:Nance and Dyson for Naz Reid?

I think Dyson learning under Conley could be a nice future guard for them.

NYG wrote:
shrink wrote:.

Would you do it?

I can see the rationale, but I wouldn’t do it. I’ve liked the way Nance is a professional and does what he can, and Dyson has potential, but I don’t think either really move the needle for MIN. Naz Reid would start for many teams, but in MIN he is their super-sixth man. As we’ve seen even with Towns out, Chris Finch continues to bring him off the bench to provide offense - a needed commodity for the Wolves. Naz is also part of an overall strategy, where opponents need to have enough decent bigs to defend Gobert/KAT/Naz at two positions, for 48 minutes a game. Even if they found an alternate high scoring sixth man, his lack of size would not press opponents third and fourth bigs. Finally, as a GM, I’d be careful about trading Naz. He’s very popular with the players and fans, and his willingness to take a bit less to stay in MIN makes trading him seem a little unfair, and might affect future free agents desire to come to MIN.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#964 » by MKWB » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 pm

Ayton has had quite the turnaround lately. Wonder how attached Blazers front office and poster fans are to him now.. I'd take the gamble for the Pels for Daniels, and a few 1sts to Blazers, with McCollum going to a third team (Magic, Pistons, Spurs, Nets for Simmons+pick).
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,209

Post#965 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:10 pm

NYG wrote:Bogdan Bogdanovic to the Rockets

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

Jae'Sean Tate, Jock Landale, Jeff Green and '24 Kings 1st via Hawks to the Raptors

I think he’s currently a raptor because he couldn’t return a first. I doubt that he can suddenly return a first now that he’s a pure expiring. Atlanta definitely shouldn’t be he team paying a first here. Feels more like Houston should be paying a first (to Atlanta?), and Toronto could negotiate the potential of a 2nd or two?
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#966 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:34 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

I think he’s currently a raptor because he couldn’t return a first. I doubt that he can suddenly return a first now that he’s a pure expiring. Atlanta definitely shouldn’t be he team paying a first here. Feels more like Houston should be paying a first (to Atlanta?), and Toronto could negotiate the potential of a 2nd or two?

i think reports were knicks offered a 2024 1st but raptors said no and the knicks pivoted.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,968

Post#967 » by K_chile22 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:41 pm

MKWB wrote:Ayton has had quite the turnaround lately. Wonder how attached Blazers front office and poster fans are to him now.. I'd take the gamble for the Pels for Daniels, and a few 1sts to Blazers, with McCollum going to a third team (Magic, Pistons, Spurs, Nets for Simmons+pick).
Do not fall for late season surges
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,714

Post#968 » by jayjaysee » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:42 pm

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

This is valuing Bogdan is completely neutral and Brown worth a first?

I think it would be smart, based on fit, for Atlanta to do a Brown for Bogdan swap. But there’s no value needed.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#969 » by jayjaysee » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:44 pm

MKWB wrote:Ayton has had quite the turnaround lately. Wonder how attached Blazers front office and poster fans are to him now.. I'd take the gamble for the Pels for Daniels, and a few 1sts to Blazers, with McCollum going to a third team (Magic, Pistons, Spurs, Nets for Simmons+pick).

If NOP was willing to take Ayton’s contract in one of those three team deals, Portland should very happily accept.
NYG
RealGM

Post#970 » by NYG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:48 pm

jayjaysee wrote:

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

I think it would be smart, based on fit, for Atlanta to do a Brown for Bogdan swap. But there’s no value needed.

Maybe Houston throws 2 seconds to Toronto instead?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#971 » by jayjaysee » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:14 pm

NYG wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Bruce Brown to the Hawks

No need for all three Rockets either, Toronto doesn’t want them, they aren’t needed for matching and they aren’t guaranteed next year..

And two would match Bogdan right? I feel like Jeff Green comes close to matching him on his own.
NYG
RealGM

Post#972 » by NYG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:25 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
NYG wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

No need for all three Rockets either, Toronto doesn’t want them, they aren’t needed for matching and they aren’t guaranteed next year..

And two would match Bogdan right? I feel like Jeff Green comes close to matching him on his own.

Houston gets:
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Atlanta gets:
Bruce Brown

Toronto gets:
Jeff Green
Jae'Sean Tate
'24 Warriors 2nd (via Houston)
'26 Earliest of Rockets/Thunder/Mavs/76ers 2nd (via Houston)
NYG
RealGM

Post#973 » by NYG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:34 pm

How would the Lakers react if Russell left in free agency?
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#974 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:40 pm

NYG wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
NYG wrote:

Houston gets:
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Atlanta gets:
Bruce Brown

Toronto gets:
Jeff Green
Jae'Sean Tate

i probably prefer capspace or taking bogdanovic for ourselves (esp if GTJ leaves)
NYG
RealGM

Post#975 » by NYG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:46 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Houston gets:
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Atlanta gets:
Bruce Brown

Toronto gets:
Jeff Green
Jae'Sean Tate

i probably prefer capspace or taking bogdanovic for ourselves (esp if GTJ leaves)

Brown for Bogdanovic straight up... let GTJ go
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#976 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:12 pm

NYG wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:
Houston gets:
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Atlanta gets:
Bruce Brown

Toronto gets:
Jeff Green
Jae'Sean Tate

depends what contract GTJ gets on the market, if its for similar money/terms i would probably prefer GTJ. it's not a bad fallback if GTJ leaves though
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#977 » by jayjaysee » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:12 pm

NYG wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:
Houston gets:
Bogdan Bogdanovic

Atlanta gets:
Bruce Brown

Toronto gets:
Jeff Green
Jae'Sean Tate

If Atl is keeping both PG’s - this make sense.

Especially if you continue and turn Hunter+Capela+assets into an impact player.
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 240

Post#978 » by balsamic_ducks » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:02 pm

Even if you believe these late season games from Ayton his value is nowhere near this high. That’s a massive overpay for an average center on a max contract
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#979 » by MKWB » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:06 am

balsamic_ducks wrote:

Even if you believe these late season games from Ayton his value is nowhere near this high. That’s a massive overpay for an average center on a max contract

Ok it was more of throwing out available assets Pels could offer to upgrade. Like would McCullom (to 3rd team) and pels '24 1st be that much of an overpay for a buy-low, high-potential Center option? Willie Green and the young, good-vibes squad could have him playing as his best self. But yea, probably prisoner of the moment interest with Ayton showing flashes of that form when he demolished the Pels in the playoffs a few years back. But the motivation headcase stuff with having dissapearing acts for stretches of the season is probably too much of a gamble.

By the way, what is you're latest original trade idea or potential trade target you've asked a question about? I'd love the chance to critique your original ideas. Or do you only react to others' ideas?
NYG
RealGM

Post#980 » by NYG » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:10 am

Cool site to simulate the remainder of the season

https://v2.playoffpredictors.com/home

Return to Trades and Transactions