Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1541 » by NYG » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 am

giberish wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It seems that there's always talk about how much money media companies are losing on their NBA (and most other sports) rights payments.

Then when they are up for a new contract, the money goes up - by a lot.

Either way if NBC brings back the NBA on NBC theme... we all win
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1542 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:40 am

Read on Twitter
?t=a50ZwGFbDsenyC0wsxLXNQ&s=19
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#1543 » by SkyHook » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:33 pm

NYG wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
giberish wrote:
Cleveland would need to get some win-now help in a Mitchell deal, not just a large dead-weight EC and future 1sts.

I doubt they give up Bridges though. So Cam Johnson and Thomas+ picks?

Cam Johnson, Cam Thomas, Noah Clowney and the 4 1sts?

Simmons & Mitchell can’t be on the same team due to the Designated Player rule, right? Simmons would have to be moved prior to or as part of a trade for Mitchell.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,533

Post#1544 » by Bornstellar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter

I wonder who will be the first big name player to ask out and name Wemby as his preferred running mate
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,517

Post#1545 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:41 pm

Bornstellar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder who will be the first big name player to ask out and name Wemby as his preferred running mate

I think they will have to make that roster more enticing first.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#1546 » by JKiddy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 pm

NYG wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
giberish wrote:
Cleveland would need to get some win-now help in a Mitchell deal, not just a large dead-weight EC and future 1sts.

I doubt they give up Bridges though. So Cam Johnson and Thomas+ picks?

The seems too rich for BK. Plus, Simmons would have to be traded due to the new rules. Mitchell and Simmons cannot be on the same team. It would likely be pick-centric with Simmons.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,176

Post#1547 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 pm

Bornstellar wrote:
Read on Twitter

LeBron James 8-)
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,159

Post#1548 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:57 pm

SkyHook wrote:
NYG wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I doubt they give up Bridges though. So Cam Johnson and Thomas+ picks?

Simmons & Mitchell can’t be on the same team due to the Designated Player rule, right? Simmons would have to be moved prior to or as part of a trade for Mitchell.

Rule was changed in the most recent CBA signing.

There is a limit to the number of designated players a team can have on its roster at a time. A team can have up to two designated rookies (who received a longer rookie scale extension) and up to two designated veterans (who received higher than the 30% maximum salary) at any time.2 However, only one designated rookie may have been acquired from another team in a trade.
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#1549 » by SkyHook » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
SkyHook wrote:
NYG wrote:

There is a limit to the number of designated players a team can have on its roster at a time. A team can have up to two designated rookies (who received a longer rookie scale extension) and up to two designated veterans (who received higher than the 30% maximum salary) at any time.2 However, only one designated rookie may have been acquired from another team in a trade.

Thanks, Scoot. I reread that on Larry's site earlier. I didn't realize that it was still referencing the old CBA.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#1550 » by DoItALL9 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:16 am

KD for KAT
Send it in
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#1551 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 2, 2024 3:21 am

DoItALL9 wrote:KD for KAT
Send it in

minny cant take back mroe salary
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#1552 » by NYG » Thu May 2, 2024 3:21 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
SkyHook wrote:
NYG wrote:

Can anyone under the second apron be the receiving team in a sign and trade?

Is there any restriction on being the outgoing team in a sign and trade?
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,041

Post#1553 » by wolves_89 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:34 am

DoItALL9 wrote:KD for KAT
Send it in

If the Wolves look to move KAT it would be to reduce payroll and add to the young core. Trading for Durant does the opposite in that it adds salary and makes the team considerably older.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#1554 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 2, 2024 3:40 am

I have no idea what the Clippers can do.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#1555 » by giberish » Thu May 2, 2024 3:40 am

NYG wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
SkyHook wrote:

There's no restriction on being the outgoing team in a S&T. I'm pretty sure being the receiving team in a S&T hard caps a team on the first apron (unless that changed).
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#1556 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu May 2, 2024 5:46 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I have no idea what the Clippers can do.

If there wasn't a new arena opening you would blow this old injury prone team. unfortunaly we gotta extend Pg&Harden because you can't move there with bunch of random players like Bones, Pj Tucker, Plumlee, A.Coffey, Theis, B.Boston, Kai Jones, Kobe Brown. That makes 8 men pretty much useless for any playoff games and you want to contend with. And Russ pretty much 2 edge sword.

Injury prone&old teams needs at least 14 playable players on the roster instead of 7.

Get PG&Harden extensions without 4th year. Less than max. If Philly going to max this Pg13 for example that is a suicide for them I think, don't think they would do.

Get better players for your 8th 9th 10th 11th men. Such as Beverley, Batum, Reggie Jackson type who can at least sub-in for a playoff game when injuries happen. Hope for health though.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,636

Post#1557 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 2, 2024 10:07 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I have no idea what the Clippers can do.

Leonard come back and they win two games in a row? Paul George eats a good breakfast and decides to be the best player on the court and make shots that are beautifully defended and win two games in a row? No one defend Harden’s annoying (but great) little floaters and LAC win two games in a row..

This series isn’t over*
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1558 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu May 2, 2024 12:01 pm

NYG wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
SkyHook wrote:

Receiving a player via sign and trade hard caps a team at the first apron, so a team has to be below the first apron.

A team at or above the second apron cannot “Acquire a Player Contract using a TPE in respect of a player whose Contract was traded pursuant to a sign-and-trade.” In this case, keep in mind that “salary matching” in trades is also termed “using a TPE”. Thus, a 2nd apron team could sign and trade a player out for a pick or draft rights, but they cannot receive the salary matching contract back. So, any deal like this would require the second apron team to only receive draft rights back for sign and trading a player away, but a 3rd team would be required to take on the salary matching contract.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1559 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu May 2, 2024 12:07 pm

giberish wrote:
NYG wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

There's no restriction on being the outgoing team in a S&T. I'm pretty sure being the receiving team in a S&T hard caps a team on the first apron (unless that changed).

There’s now a restriction on being the outgoing team in a S&T if that team is a second apron team. They cannot receive a player contract back in a Sign and trade away of an incumbent player.

For example, Phoenix could not sign and trade away Royce O’Neal for, say TJ McConnell, as they would be receiving a player contract in return, and would be over the second apron. They could, however, sign and trade Royce into Someone’s MLE for draft rights, but there comes the question of why that team just wouldn’t sign Royce using their MLE and save the draft rights? Or, if Phoenix signed and traded Royce away for more than someone’s MLE, and that team had to send back a player contract large enough to salary match, that player cannot be traded to Phoenix, but would have to go to a 3rd team, which complicates things because that 3rd team would likely get any of the value for taking a player into cap space or an exception, meaning Phoenix really couldn’t reasonably get anything in return.

Hope I’m clarifying rather than just muddying the waters there.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#1560 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 2, 2024 12:10 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
giberish wrote:
NYG wrote:

There’s now a restriction on being the outgoing team in a S&T if that team is a second apron team. They cannot receive a player contract back in a Sign and trade away of an incumbent player.

For example, Phoenix could not sign and trade away Royce O’Neal for, say TJ McConnell, as they would be receiving a player contract in return, and would be over the second apron. They could, however, sign and trade Royce into Someone’s MLE for draft rights, but there comes the question of why that team just wouldn’t sign Royce using their MLE and save the draft rights? Or, if Phoenix signed and traded Royce away for more than someone’s MLE, and that team had to send back a player contract large enough to salary match, that player cannot be traded to Phoenix, but would have to go to a 3rd team, which complicates things because that 3rd team would likely get any of the value for taking a player into cap space or an exception, meaning Phoenix really couldn’t reasonably get anything in return.

Hope I’m clarifying rather than just muddying the waters there.

I think that rule is for RFA S&T mainly. That would be the only instance i can think of where the opposing team would offer draft comp (e.g. brogdon to pacers)

Return to Trades and Transactions