Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 111

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1561 » by Astaluego » Thu May 2, 2024 12:24 pm

Bornstellar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder who will be the first big name player to ask out and name Wemby as his preferred running mate

I don't think I will request it publicly but I would like it to be Lauri Markkanen who accompanies Wemby... Keldon+Raptors FRP+ future FRP Bulls.. Return your picks to the Hawks+ ​​Sochan for TraeY
Old Mike Lorenzo
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,159

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1562 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu May 2, 2024 12:39 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
giberish wrote:
There's no restriction on being the outgoing team in a S&T. I'm pretty sure being the receiving team in a S&T hard caps a team on the first apron (unless that changed).

There’s now a restriction on being the outgoing team in a S&T if that team is a second apron team. They cannot receive a player contract back in a Sign and trade away of an incumbent player.

For example, Phoenix could not sign and trade away Royce O’Neal for, say TJ McConnell, as they would be receiving a player contract in return, and would be over the second apron. They could, however, sign and trade Royce into Someone’s MLE for draft rights, but there comes the question of why that team just wouldn’t sign Royce using their MLE and save the draft rights? Or, if Phoenix signed and traded Royce away for more than someone’s MLE, and that team had to send back a player contract large enough to salary match, that player cannot be traded to Phoenix, but would have to go to a 3rd team, which complicates things because that 3rd team would likely get any of the value for taking a player into cap space or an exception, meaning Phoenix really couldn’t reasonably get anything in return.

Hope I’m clarifying rather than just muddying the waters there.

I think that rule is for RFA S&T mainly. That would be the only instance i can think of where the opposing team would offer draft comp (e.g. brogdon to pacers)

Or if a team wants to move off a contract for a player, either to keep salary lower or to salary match for a player above the means they could sign them (MLE, room exception, etc).
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,178

Post#1563 » by Colbinii » Thu May 2, 2024 5:34 pm

What an absolute deal the Timberwolves pulled off in the Conley/D'lo/Westbrook Carousel.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#1564 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 2, 2024 5:35 pm

Astaluego wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder who will be the first big name player to ask out and name Wemby as his preferred running mate

I don't think I will request it publicly but I would like it to be Lauri Markkanen who accompanies Wemby... Keldon+Raptors FRP+ future FRP Bulls.. Return your picks to the Hawks+ ​​Sochan for TraeY

It's a really intriguing idea (especially if they get Mitchell instead of Trae) but I have to assume the Spurs will hold their picks to see if Luka demands a trade in 2025.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#1565 » by NYG » Fri May 3, 2024 9:38 pm

Would anyone give up anything of value for Nurkic or Little?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#1566 » by giberish » Fri May 3, 2024 9:59 pm

NYG wrote:Would anyone give up anything of value for Nurkic or Little?

I could see someone giving cap space (or a bad contract plus incentive to cover for the bad contract) for Nurkic. Perhaps Charlotte as a tag-team with Williams?

The problem is that if Phoenix trades Nurkic for help at another position they now need to add a starting center and a backup center.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,585

Post#1567 » by HornetJail » Fri May 3, 2024 9:59 pm

NYG wrote:Would anyone give up anything of value for Nurkic or Little?

define "of value"... to the Suns, is $5M cap relief this summer and full cap relief next summer appealing enough? If so, the Suns can pretend Nick Richards is playable and that Cody Martin can defend hard for 5 games before reinjuring himself and missing the rest of the season, and then decline their UNG contracts the following year
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#1568 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 3, 2024 9:59 pm

Colbinii wrote:What an absolute deal the Timberwolves pulled off in the Conley/D'lo/Westbrook Carousel.

It was a win win win trade, all 3 teams got what they wanted
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,346

Post#1569 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:21 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:What an absolute deal the Timberwolves pulled off in the Conley/D'lo/Westbrook Carousel.

It was but reason Conley was valued low was because he looked like he couldn't be healthy. So the fact that he's had good health since then is enough to suggest that Minny got best value overall
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1570 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:26 pm

Any chance that Lillard to Heat happens this offseason?

Herro, JJJ, Robinson, 2 FRP
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#1571 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 3, 2024 10:46 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

It was but reason Conley was valued low was because he looked like he couldn't be healthy. So the fact that he's had good health since then is enough to suggest that Minny got best value overall

I still think utah got the best return
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#1572 » by bondom34 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=UzczfFXPS1lukVNuPAy2TQ&s=19
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#1573 » by Astaluego » Fri May 3, 2024 11:07 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Any chance that Lillard to Heat happens this offseason?

I can't see the Bucks trading him, I think it would be the perfect excuse for Giannis to ask to leave... what would it look like (playing a little 2K I guess)
the Heat trade Rozier+D.Robinson for Beal...
(The Suns get a point guard and trade Robinson to the Pistons for I.Stewart and balance the roster)..

Heat sends Herro to Nets for Schroeder/DFS
Old Mike Lorenzo
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,656

Post#1574 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 11:36 pm

Lue leveraging the Lakers into a big fact contract would be pretty sweet for him. I think Lue is a good coach, but since the Clippers can't do a ton about the roster, you think a new voice might have been something they considered -- barring of course a deep run which is certainly still possible for them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#1575 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri May 3, 2024 11:40 pm

Trae's trade value has to be harmed by the CBA right.

He loses $17m in potential earnings if he's traded away from the Hawks so he'll try to sabotage every trade to a non-elite situation.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,670

Post#1576 » by parsnips33 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:43 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Lue leveraging the Lakers into a big fact contract would be pretty sweet for him. I think Lue is a good coach, but since the Clippers can't do a ton about the roster, you think a new voice might have been something they considered -- barring of course a deep run which is certainly still possible for them.

I know a good reverse jinx when I see one :lol:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,159

Post#1577 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 4, 2024 12:11 am

Astaluego wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Any chance that Lillard to Heat happens this offseason?

I can't see the Bucks trading him, I think it would be the perfect excuse for Giannis to ask to leave... what would it look like (playing a little 2K I guess)
the Heat trade Rozier+D.Robinson for Beal...
(The Suns get a point guard and trade Robinson to the Pistons for I.Stewart and balance the roster)..

Heat sends Herro to Nets for Schroeder/DFS

If you’re saying that Miami would end up with Bam, Butler, Dame, and Beal, they’d for sure be over the 2nd apron, meaning they couldn’t aggregate salary (combine Rozier and Beal) in a trade for Beal, nor aggregate for Dame in trade, as aggregating salaries would hard cap them at the 2nd apron, and Dame, Beal, Butler, Bam, and 10 minimum roster charges would put them over that 2nd apron.

They just couldn’t do it. CBA won’t let them.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,175

Post#1578 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 1:27 am

Any path for Dallas to turn THJ expiring plus their assets into Norman Powell this offseason? I have no idea what the clippers are doing this offseason.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#1579 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 1:29 am

Am I right here for the eliminated teams off-seasons?

Hawks - Trade Dejounte, Capela, Bogdan and Hunter for better fitting equal/superior players

Nets - Get a star (Donovan Mitchell) via trade or kick the can to 2025 free agency if they can't

Hornets - Get a legit shooting guard and a solid true big man to help with depth. Add a wing if Bridges signs elsewhere.

Bulls - Should rebuild, but probably make a slight retool (LaVine for Clarkson/Collins? Re-Sign DeRozan/Williams and Retain Caruso) and otherwise run it back is more realistic.

Pistons - Forwards that can shoot (preferably with the ability to defend as well).

Warriors - Ultimately keep Steph/Draymond/Klay, let go of CP3's contract and trade Wiggins/Moody for some height.

Rockets - Basically run it back and kick it to 2025 (... or mayyyyyybbeee trade it all for Joel Embiid).

Lakers - Try to land a legit 3rd star, but if none are available then keep the picks and more or less make moves just to shake it up a bit and hope to have better results.

Grizzlies - Run it back with 2 new big men.

Heat - Use Robinson and/or Herro to reduce payroll/add better fits, but otherwise run it back.

Bucks - Turn Middleton into 2-3 fresher legs. Add a perimeter defender.

Pelicans - If you can use Ingram to fill a more pressing need, do it. If not, run it back and add a center that fits with Zion and maybe a point guard.

76ers - Re-sign Maxey, keep Embiid, add a star. If no star. get creative to find players using your cap space that will add value to a 2025 trade deadline deal.

Suns - Stuck with Beal. Keeping KD/Booker unless they outright request otherwise (which I guess is not off the table). Using Nurkic, Little, 22 Overall and maybe '31 1st (not clear if they can trade it or not) get a better roster around the core guys. Re-sign O'Neale.

Trail Blazers - Find a deal where you get value and below the tax for 1-2 of Brogdon, Grant, Simons, Thybulle, Ayton, but otherwise keep developing the young guys.

Kings - Hope Keegan can take the next step. Use Huerter/Barnes + 13 to upgrade forward. Re-sign or replace Malik Monk.

Spurs - Keep flexibility open for an eventual star wanting to play with Wemby.

Raptors - Re-sign or replace GTJ. Re-sign IQ. Add youth/picks/assets. Need some wing/forward types.

Jazz - Re-sign Lauri, add a consolidated talent upgrade of some kind

Wizards - Retain Deni Avdija. Anything else pretty much goes.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1580 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:47 am

NYG wrote:Am I right here for the eliminated teams off-seasons?

Hawks - Trade Dejounte, Capela, Bogdan and Hunter for better fitting equal/superior players

Nets - Get a star (Donovan Mitchell) via trade or kick the can to 2025 free agency if they can't

Hornets - Get a legit shooting guard and a solid true big man to help with depth. Add a wing if Bridges signs elsewhere.

Bulls - Should rebuild, but probably make a slight retool (LaVine for Clarkson/Collins? Re-Sign DeRozan/Williams and Retain Caruso) and otherwise run it back is more realistic.

Pistons - Forwards that can shoot (preferably with the ability to defend as well).

Warriors - Ultimately keep Steph/Draymond/Klay, let go of CP3's contract and trade Wiggins/Moody for some height.

Rockets - Basically run it back and kick it to 2025 (... or mayyyyyybbeee trade it all for Joel Embiid).

Lakers - Try to land a legit 3rd star, but if none are available then keep the picks and more or less make moves just to shake it up a bit and hope to have better results.

Grizzlies - Run it back with 2 new big men.

Heat - Use Robinson and/or Herro to reduce payroll/add better fits, but otherwise run it back.

Bucks - Turn Middleton into 2-3 fresher legs. Add a perimeter defender.

Pelicans - If you can use Ingram to fill a more pressing need, do it. If not, run it back and add a center that fits with Zion and maybe a point guard.

76ers - Re-sign Maxey, keep Embiid, add a star. If no star. get creative to find players using your cap space that will add value to a 2025 trade deadline deal.

Suns - Stuck with Beal. Keeping KD/Booker unless they outright request otherwise (which I guess is not off the table). Using Nurkic, Little, 22 Overall and maybe '31 1st (not clear if they can trade it or not) get a better roster around the core guys. Re-sign O'Neale.

Trail Blazers - Find a deal where you get value and below the tax for 1-2 of Brogdon, Grant, Simons, Thybulle, Ayton, but otherwise keep developing the young guys.

Kings - Hope Keegan can take the next step. Use Huerter/Barnes + 13 to upgrade forward. Re-sign or replace Malik Monk.

Spurs - Keep flexibility open for an eventual star wanting to play with Wemby.

Raptors - Re-sign or replace GTJ. Re-sign IQ. Add youth/picks/assets. Need some wing/forward types.

Jazz - Re-sign Lauri, add a consolidated talent upgrade of some kind

Wizards - Retain Deni Avdija. Anything else pretty much goes.

Lakers need a stretch PF/C that can pair with Davis as a starter and be backup C with Vando.

I think they do star hunt but ultimately the need is the PF/C. They thought Wood may do that job.

Return to Trades and Transactions