Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,431

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1581 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:49 am

NYG wrote:Am I right here for the eliminated teams off-seasons?

Hawks - Trade Dejounte, Capela, Bogdan and Hunter for better fitting equal/superior players

Nets - Get a star (Donovan Mitchell) via trade or kick the can to 2025 free agency if they can't

Hornets - Get a legit shooting guard and a solid true big man to help with depth. Add a wing if Bridges signs elsewhere.

Bulls - Should rebuild, but probably make a slight retool (LaVine for Clarkson/Collins? Re-Sign DeRozan/Williams and Retain Caruso) and otherwise run it back is more realistic.

Pistons - Forwards that can shoot (preferably with the ability to defend as well).

Warriors - Ultimately keep Steph/Draymond/Klay, let go of CP3's contract and trade Wiggins/Moody for some height.

Rockets - Basically run it back and kick it to 2025 (... or mayyyyyybbeee trade it all for Joel Embiid).

Lakers - Try to land a legit 3rd star, but if none are available then keep the picks and more or less make moves just to shake it up a bit and hope to have better results.

Grizzlies - Run it back with 2 new big men.

Heat - Use Robinson and/or Herro to reduce payroll/add better fits, but otherwise run it back.

Bucks - Turn Middleton into 2-3 fresher legs. Add a perimeter defender.

Pelicans - If you can use Ingram to fill a more pressing need, do it. If not, run it back and add a center that fits with Zion and maybe a point guard.

76ers - Re-sign Maxey, keep Embiid, add a star. If no star. get creative to find players using your cap space that will add value to a 2025 trade deadline deal.

Suns - Stuck with Beal. Keeping KD/Booker unless they outright request otherwise (which I guess is not off the table). Using Nurkic, Little, 22 Overall and maybe '31 1st (not clear if they can trade it or not) get a better roster around the core guys. Re-sign O'Neale.

Trail Blazers - Find a deal where you get value and below the tax for 1-2 of Brogdon, Grant, Simons, Thybulle, Ayton, but otherwise keep developing the young guys.

Kings - Hope Keegan can take the next step. Use Huerter/Barnes + 13 to upgrade forward. Re-sign or replace Malik Monk.

Spurs - Keep flexibility open for an eventual star wanting to play with Wemby.

Raptors - Re-sign or replace GTJ. Re-sign IQ. Add youth/picks/assets. Need some wing/forward types.

Jazz - Re-sign Lauri, add a consolidated talent upgrade of some kind

Wizards - Retain Deni Avdija. Anything else pretty much goes.

RE Utah, I don't think we are actually going to be 'upgrading' talent. I think it is more likely we work to move Clarkson and Collins - the latter with the least amount of incentive from us as possible. We might look to swap some guard depth for a wing.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1582 » by K_chile22 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:52 am

Hawks - Trade Dejounte, Capela, Bogdan and Hunter for better fitting equal/superior players

Nets - Get a star (Donovan Mitchell) via trade or kick the can to 2025 free agency if they can't

Hornets - Get a legit shooting guard and a solid true big man to help with depth. Add a wing if Bridges signs elsewhere.

Bulls - Should rebuild, but probably make a slight retool (LaVine for Clarkson/Collins? Re-Sign DeRozan/Williams and Retain Caruso) and otherwise run it back is more realistic.

Pistons - Forwards that can shoot (preferably with the ability to defend as well).

Warriors - Ultimately keep Steph/Draymond/Klay, let go of CP3's contract and trade Wiggins/Moody for some height.

Rockets - Basically run it back and kick it to 2025 (... or mayyyyyybbeee trade it all for Joel Embiid).

Lakers - Try to land a legit 3rd star, but if none are available then keep the picks and more or less make moves just to shake it up a bit and hope to have better results.

Heat - Use Robinson and/or Herro to reduce payroll/add better fits, but otherwise run it back.

Pelicans - If you can use Ingram to fill a more pressing need, do it. If not, run it back and add a center that fits with Zion and maybe a point guard.

76ers - Re-sign Maxey, keep Embiid, add a star. If no star. get creative to find players using your cap space that will add value to a 2025 trade deadline deal.

Suns - Stuck with Beal. Keeping KD/Booker unless they outright request otherwise (which I guess is not off the table). Using Nurkic, Little, 22 Overall and maybe '31 1st (not clear if they can trade it or not) get a better roster around the core guys. Re-sign O'Neale.

Trail Blazers - Find a deal where you get value and below the tax for 1-2 of Brogdon, Grant, Simons, Thybulle, Ayton, but otherwise keep developing the young guys.

Kings - Hope Keegan can take the next step. Use Huerter/Barnes + 13 to upgrade forward. Re-sign or replace Malik Monk.

Raptors - Re-sign or replace GTJ. Re-sign IQ. Add youth/picks/assets. Need some wing/forward types.

Think the rockets are more likely to chase Mitchell than Embiid
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#1583 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 2:43 am

The Clippers have to have the worst future outlook of any team since 2017.

Four future unprotected firsts and then a top 3 protected first.

Zubac and Mann have mildly positive trade value, not a single other player on the roster has positive trade value.

Total catastrophe. If George leaves, this team probably doesn't make the playoffs for 5-8 years.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,585

Post#1584 » by HornetJail » Sat May 4, 2024 2:56 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:The Clippers have to have the worst future outlook of any team since 2017.

Zubac and Mann have mildly positive trade value, not a single other player on the roster has positive trade value.

Total catastrophe. If George leaves, this team probably doesn't make the playoffs for 5-8 years.

disagree- they're in LA and have shed a lot of the laughingstock status by being quite good over the last decade, and they have one of the best owners. That's a team that could definitely become premium free agent players if they shed contracts. But yeah this team's contender/pretender status is over if PG walks
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#1585 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 1:50 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/c/sort/cap_total

Which centers this off-season fit all of the following criteria...

1. Make less than Jusuf Nurkic
2. Are better than Jusuf Nurkic
3. Could be had for 22nd Overall and/or 2031 Unprotected Phoenix Suns First Round Draft Pick
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,455

Post#1586 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 4, 2024 1:56 pm

NYG wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/c/sort/cap_total

3. Could be had for 22nd Overall and/or 2031 Unprotected Phoenix Suns First Round Draft Pick

i thoguht phoenix cant trade 2031 1st?
NYG
RealGM

Post#1587 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:02 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/c/sort/cap_total

i thoguht phoenix cant trade 2031 1st?

NYG wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
NYG wrote:
Can't trade '31, right?

To be honest, I don't 100% know. The whole "draft pick freezing" thing starts up this league year, but the rules might be read by the league as if a team has to finish the 2024/25 season over the 2nd apron to have their 2032 1st frozen. Or it could be read as if once a team triggers the 2nd apron, the 2031 1st could be frozen. I don't 100% know.

I'm going to lean that it starts 2032 for my mock off-season
NYG
RealGM

Post#1588 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:03 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Lakers need a stretch PF/C that can pair with Davis as a starter and be backup C with Vando.

I think they do star hunt but ultimately the need is the PF/C. They thought Wood may do that job.

Who are some realistically attainable options and who would the Lakers prefer to use as salary matching?
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#1589 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 4, 2024 2:27 pm

NYG wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Lakers need a stretch PF/C that can pair with Davis as a starter and be backup C with Vando.

I think they do star hunt but ultimately the need is the PF/C. They thought Wood may do that job.

Who are some realistically attainable options and who would the Lakers prefer to use as salary matching?

filler (russell?) + pick for WCJ
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#1590 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 5:11 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:The Clippers have to have the worst future outlook of any team since 2017.

I want Dallas to pay assets to turn THJ into Powell. So they can recover some assets that way
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,874

Post#1591 » by Norm2953 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:27 pm

Suns picking at 22 could also just draft Zach Edey in the 2024 draft
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,725

Post#1592 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 4, 2024 5:40 pm

BeiBeau wrote:

I want Dallas to pay assets to turn THJ into Powell. So they can recover some assets that way

What assets are you offering? Is there a sweet spot where the Clippers get enough to make this worth their while, but not an overpay by Dallas?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,189

Post#1593 » by Colbinii » Sat May 4, 2024 5:59 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Is WCJ even worth more than Russell?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#1594 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 4, 2024 6:00 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:

probably after another playoff MIA by Russell
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,189

Post#1595 » by Colbinii » Sat May 4, 2024 6:03 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

probably after another playoff MIA by Russell

Keep in mind WCJ is shooting 38% FG/28% 3P this post-season (Small sample size).

More importantly though, his defense has been solid. I hope we get to see him in the next round.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#1596 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 6:23 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

What assets are you offering? Is there a sweet spot where the Clippers get enough to make this worth their while, but not an overpay by Dallas?

Some combination of the 25 1st, Tor 25 2nd, OMax, and/or Hardy. But I don’t really have a good sense on how much they need to send.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#1597 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 7:02 pm

The Clippers asking Paul George to take a paycut is so funny.

The Clippers literally just told Blake Griffin that they would make him the face of the franchise if he just re-signed and then they traded him right away, lol.

There's no reason for Paul George to trust the Clippers not to trade him (especially as The Athletic today said that the Clippers were thinking about trading Paul George at the deadline...)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,653

Post#1598 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 7:22 pm

For fun..PG asks to be traded as part of an opt in and extend?

It’s less than a million under his max per year, but now the team receiving him is hard capped at second apron instead of first? Or teams who can’t create the cap space can get involved.. And Ballmer can take back 48 million however he decides to.. We can see Wiggins, Looney, Moody, Kuminga, first.. or Herro/Robinson/firsts..

Philly can spend an extra 11 million keeping depth as long as they can get Detroit to pay Harris 32-?? million a year (aggregate Reed, the first round rookie and UNG contracts)..
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,431

Post#1599 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 4, 2024 7:24 pm

I'd do Kessler for both. Not sure I'd do him for just 22nd or 2031 (since it is so far away)

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,896

Post#1600 » by giberish » Sat May 4, 2024 7:39 pm

jayjaysee wrote:For fun..PG asks to be traded as part of an opt in and extend?

It’s less than a million under his max per year, but now the team receiving him is hard capped at second apron instead of first? Or teams who can’t create the cap space can get involved.. And Ballmer can take back 48 million however he decides to.. We can see Wiggins, Looney, Moody, Kuminga, first.. or Herro/Robinson/firsts..

Philly can spend an extra 11 million keeping depth as long as they can get Detroit to pay Harris 32-?? million a year (aggregate Reed, the first round rookie and UNG contracts)..

I just have a hard time viewing PG as a big asset on the money he's likely to get (either as a FA or trade and extend deal). Is PG over the next 4 years likely to be better than Tobias Harris has been the last 4 years? I feel like the PG chase is going to be one where the 'winning' team is the big loser.

Return to Trades and Transactions