Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 383

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1421 » by esvl » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:00 pm

Astaluego wrote:
esvl wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:How do you sign Claxton when you're over the cap? Going to have to dump a contract or several.

Sign-n-trade is our only option I believe.

I think that's very optimistic... especially with the Nets' lack of talent... I wouldn't understand them letting him go or trading him unless it was in a star package.

It is both optimistic and wishful thinking. But he is UFA, so the Nets are not the gate-keeper here.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 817

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1422 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:39 pm

Kawhi out with a knee injury.

Hard to overstate how catastrophic the Clippers' situation is.

They desperately need to trade Kawhi to OKC for their best 2025 and 2026 firsts (which would end up being theirs...), but I don't know if OKC has any interest.

It's really hard to see Paul George staying with the Clippers or the Clippers having any interest in retaining George if they lose in the first round. This was their last chance.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,126

Post#1423 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:57 pm

esvl wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
esvl wrote:
Sign-n-trade is our only option I believe.

Nets probably wont want Clarke so Im guessing its Luke Kennard+ after you pick up his player option? Still it will probably be difficult to make that happen. The Grizzlies would definitely need to give up some good assets to convince the Nets.

We can get RWIII and send him to the Nets
otherwise
it would be Kennard + Ziare W or LaRavia + #8 (Clingan) or Aldama. The best offer would include both #8 and Aldama.

It’s not bad, but all depends on Clax’s position. If he says I am leaving, the Nets wouldn’t have a strong position either.

Can’t realistically include a pick from this current years draft along with a sign and trade as it’d basically admit tampering that Memphis just so happened to select exactly who Brooklyn would want and that Brooklyn just so happened to negotiate a contract that Memphis agreed to exactly?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,559

Post#1424 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Kawhi out with a knee injury.

Hard to overstate how catastrophic the Clippers' situation is.

They desperately need to trade Kawhi to OKC for their best 2025 and 2026 firsts (which would end up being theirs...), but I don't know if OKC has any interest.

It's really hard to see Paul George staying with the Clippers or the Clippers having any interest in retaining George if they lose in the first round. This was their last chance.

As a Dallas fan.. I hope it’s as gloom as you paint.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 383

Post#1425 » by esvl » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:01 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
esvl wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Nets probably wont want Clarke so Im guessing its Luke Kennard+ after you pick up his player option? Still it will probably be difficult to make that happen. The Grizzlies would definitely need to give up some good assets to convince the Nets.

We can get RWIII and send him to the Nets
otherwise
it would be Kennard + Ziare W or LaRavia + #8 (Clingan) or Aldama. The best offer would include both #8 and Aldama.

It’s not bad, but all depends on Clax’s position. If he says I am leaving, the Nets wouldn’t have a strong position either.

Can’t realistically include a pick from this current years draft along with a sign and trade as it’d basically admit tampering that Memphis just so happened to select exactly who Brooklyn would want and that Brooklyn just so happened to negotiate a contract that Memphis agreed to exactly?

Sounds concerning yeah. In that case, the offer would include Kennard, Aldama, LaRavia/Ziare Williams, future FRP (if necessary)
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,643

Post#1426 » by NYG » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:32 pm

Average of...
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/
https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/
https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

Rank / Player Name / ESPN Pos. / Height / The Ringer Style Comp

1 Alex Sarr PF 7'1 Jaren Jackson Jr./Jonathan Isaac
2 Zaccharie Risacher SF 6'10 Michael Porter Jr.
3 Dalton Knecht SF 6'6 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope/Max Strus
4 Matas Buzelis SF 6'10 Lamar Odom
5 Reed Sheppard SG 6'3 Derrick White
6 Robert Dillingham PG 6'2 Lou Williams/Bones Hyland
7 Stephon Castle PG 6'6 Markelle Fultz/Anthony Black
8 Cody Williams SF 6'8 Jalen Rose
9 Donovan Clingan C 7'2 Roy Hibbert
10 Nikola Topic PG 6'7 Goran Dragic
11 Ja'Kobe Walter SG 6'5 Khris Middleton
12 Ron Holland SF 6'7 Harrison Barnes/Josh Jackson
13 Isaiah Collier PG 6'4 Tyreke Evans/Emmanuel Mudiay
14 Tidjane Salaun PF 6'10 Chandler Parsons
15 Devin Carter PG 6'3 Bruce Brown
16 Jared McCain PG 6'3 Seth Curry
17 Tristan Da Silva SF 6'9 Kyle Anderson
18 Tyler Smith SF 6'10 Charlies Villanueva
19 Kyshawn George SG 6'8 Joe Ingles
20 Yves Missi C 6'11 Jalen Duren
21 Kyle Filipowski PF 7'0 Zach Collins
22 Zach Edey C 7'4 Ivica Zubac
23 Carlton Carrington PG 6'5 Lou Williams
24 Kel'el Ware C 7'0 Myles Turner
25 Kevin McCullar SF 6'7 Nic Batum/Bruce Brown
26 Terrence Shannon SG 6'7 Tyreke Evans
27 Johnny Furphy SG 6'9 Cam Johnson/Doug McDermott
28 Bobi Klintman SF 6'10 Jared Dudley/Channing Frye
29 Mark Sears PG 6'0 Jalen Brunson
30 Tyler Kolek PG 6'3 Jalen Brunson/Goran Dragic
NYG
RealGM

Post#1427 » by NYG » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 am

As far as veterans traded for strictly 2024 draft picks, who are the most likely on the table?

https://www.nba.com/news/2020-nba-draft-trade-tracker
https://www.nba.com/news/every-reported-trade-from-2021-nba-draft
https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/draft/2022-nba-draft-trade-tracker
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nba/tracking-every-pick-and-trade-made-during-the-2023-nba-draft/1635538/

2 trends I observed...

1. Lotto picks aren't traded very often and are typically dealt in swaps for a lower lotto pick plus incentive if they are.
2. There are big deals (Jrue, Westbrook (at the time), etc.), but the blockbuster deal of the off-season usually doesn't materialize until later in the off-season and it's often role player veterans dealt for picks on draft night.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,062

Post#1428 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:55 am

jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
I still think you can have close to or just as many games with a more fair revised format. There are risks/rewards as with anything in life. I mean does anyone really want to see NO or Mia in the playoffs without Zion and Jimmy respectively, but we may have to as those guys got injured in said play-in game

Not to mention, the pathetic EASt once again has teams that wouldnt even make it out West, not a play-in issue per say, but still a tired story that keeps repeating itself.

Any proposal that eliminates teams before the end of the regular season or trims the number of teams in the play-in is a non-starter.

The play-in is not there to resolve unfairness, even though it is structured as if that's somewhat the case. It's there to get 20+ markets to care about NBA basketball in March and April instead of 16. It's there to keep the Atlanta and Chicago markets interested.

This. The NBA doesn't want half its teams giving up after the deadline which presents a different kind of unfairness in terms of scheduling.

Well I know you cant predicts these things and sucks that they happened, but who wants to see NO and Mia without Zion and Jimmy? Its terrible and they both got injured in playin games. In ZIon's case, as the 7th seed, a game they should not have needed to play if the NBA kept the bubble play-in format.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,577

Post#1429 » by Devilanche » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:42 am

NYG wrote:Average of...
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/
https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/
https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

Rank / Player Name / ESPN Pos. / Height / The Ringer Style Comp

3 Dalton Knecht SF 6'6 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope/Max Strus
4 Matas Buzelis SF 6'10 Lamar Odom
9 Donovan Clingan C 7'2 Roy Hibbert
17 Tristan Da Silva SF 6'9 Kyle Anderson
19 Kyshawn George SG 6'8 Joe Ingles
24 Kel'el Ware C 7'0 Myles Turner
25 Kevin McCullar SF 6'7 Nic Batum/Bruce Brown

I’m kind of interested in them as OKC . Either as C , wings or bench scorer (knecht)
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,389

Post#1430 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:52 am

daoneandonly wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:Any proposal that eliminates teams before the end of the regular season or trims the number of teams in the play-in is a non-starter.

The play-in is not there to resolve unfairness, even though it is structured as if that's somewhat the case. It's there to get 20+ markets to care about NBA basketball in March and April instead of 16. It's there to keep the Atlanta and Chicago markets interested.

This. The NBA doesn't want half its teams giving up after the deadline which presents a different kind of unfairness in terms of scheduling.

Well I know you cant predicts these things and sucks that they happened, but who wants to see NO and Mia without Zion and Jimmy? Its terrible and they both got injured in playin games. In ZIon's case, as the 7th seed, a game they should not have needed to play if the NBA kept the bubble play-in format.

Because there's no chance those two players get injured in Game 1l? Those two aren't exactly the model of perfect health. You have 82 games to finish in top 6 in conference.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,062

Post#1431 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Because there's no chance those two players get injured in Game 1l? Those two aren't exactly the model of perfect health. You have 82 games to finish in top 6 in conference.

They could have, they could not have after getting a little more rest between the final regular season and start of the playoffs, all conjecture. But at the end of the day, 82 game season, 7th seed deserves the playoff spot without having to "earn" it again imo
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,021

Post#1432 » by shrink » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm

I think Pops may want to bring Kyle Anderson back to San Antonio this summer.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,577

Post#1433 » by Devilanche » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:01 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

They could have, they could not have after getting a little more rest between the final regular season and start of the playoffs, all conjecture. But at the end of the day, 82 game season, 7th seed deserves the playoff spot without having to "earn" it again imo

There’s just too much consideration being given here for a 7th seed that’s more than often would be a first round exit team.

Once in a while of course a team will get unlucky and need to play a play-in spot as a very strong 7th spot but at the other extreme once in a while you will have evenly matched 7th to 10th spot that would have 1 more game as the 10th spot to get to the playoff.

End of the day , more revenue to the lucky team and more likely we get lesser teams tanking at the trade deadline.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
NYG
RealGM

Post#1434 » by NYG » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:58 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275439/Heat-In-Position-To-Acquire-All-Star-On-Same-Timeline-As-Bam-Adebayo

The Miami Heat are believed to be in a position to use their asset pool and how appealing they are to All-Stars across the league to acquire one in the near future.

"Miami is always in great position because, especially if it's players with not a lot left on their contract," said Adrian Wojnarowski before Miami's loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 1. "One year or two years. And they tell their team, 'I want a trade to the Heat, and if you don't send me to the Heat, I'm going to become a free agent and go somewhere else. Don't trade me to that team or that team.'

"Teams can still decide to send you where they want to send you, but it's always an advantage for Miami. Players want to be part of that organization. So I think Miami will be in a position again to use the assets they have to get another All-Star level player that maybe connects more on the timeline of Bam Adebayo and his age."

While Wojnarowski didn't specifically mention any names, one player who appears to fit the description is Donovan Mitchell.

Mitchell to Miami
Duncan Robinson to Detroit
Tyler Herro, 15th Overall, '29 1st and '31 1st to Cleveland
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,931

Post#1435 » by LarsV8 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 pm

No GM is going to trade significant pieces for picks 5 years out.

Miami and LAL deals are highly unlikely to be appealing.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,966

Post#1436 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:09 am

Read on Twitter
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,214

Post#1437 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:47 am

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#1438 » by babyjax13 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 am

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The fact that Lore and A-Rod seem too poor to keep the team together means (IMO) that it is better for Taylor to retain majority ownership. The best option, though, would be finding someone rich enough to own an NBA team that isn't Taylor.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,021

Post#1439 » by shrink » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:53 am

babyjax13 wrote:The fact that Lore and A-Rod seem too poor to keep the team together means (IMO) that it is better for Taylor to retain majority ownership. The best option, though, would be finding someone rich enough to own an NBA team that isn't Taylor.

I agree, but the problem has always been that the potential buyers that are rich enough, won’t pinkie-swear with Taylor that they won’t move the team. Supposedly Taylor has received better offers over the years (including Matt Ischbia recently before he got the Suns), but Taylor won’t sell if he doesn’t trust them not to move the team. It’s hard to blame potential buyers, because the woeful Timberwolves usually have annual revenues far less than league average, but the fans do support the team when they win. We’ll see if this new team success and a rising Anthony Edwards will change some new owner’s interest in keeping the team in Minnesota.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,389

Post#1440 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 am

NYG wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275439/Heat-In-Position-To-Acquire-All-Star-On-Same-Timeline-As-Bam-Adebayo

The Miami Heat are believed to be in a position to use their asset pool and how appealing they are to All-Stars across the league to acquire one in the near future.

"Miami is always in great position because, especially if it's players with not a lot left on their contract," said Adrian Wojnarowski before Miami's loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 1. "One year or two years. And they tell their team, 'I want a trade to the Heat, and if you don't send me to the Heat, I'm going to become a free agent and go somewhere else. Don't trade me to that team or that team.'

"Teams can still decide to send you where they want to send you, but it's always an advantage for Miami. Players want to be part of that organization. So I think Miami will be in a position again to use the assets they have to get another All-Star level player that maybe connects more on the timeline of Bam Adebayo and his age."

While Wojnarowski didn't specifically mention any names, one player who appears to fit the description is Donovan Mitchell.

Mitchell to Miami
Duncan Robinson to Detroit
Tyler Herro, 15th Overall, '29 1st and '31 1st to Cleveland

Didn't we just do this with Dame last summer?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions