Trae Young moves

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,555

Re: Trae Young moves 

Post#201 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 am

wemby wrote:Yet another example of Trae being trash when his team needs him the most. Reading his fans' valuations in this thread is comical.

It’s cute that people think there is actually a market for Trae Young. Young will be back in Atlanta unless Lebron tells the Lakers to trade for him
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,976

Post#202 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:22 pm

wemby wrote:Yet another example of Trae being trash when his team needs him the most. Reading his fans' valuations in this thread is comical.

he just missed 6 weeks and was playing with a massive brace on his left hand :noway: :crazy: :nonono: :banghead:
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#203 » by Ball4life32 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

theBigLip wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

He's not "trash" but you guys should be calling up DET for Cade as opposed to ATL for Trae. Cade and your Frenchman would be a fantastic combo for the next 15+ years.

Even as a fan of another west team, I'd love to see those guys play together.

I think Trae is clearly worth the max more than Cade.
As a Pistons fan, I think I’d rather keep Cade, even if we have to max him out. I guess I’m another guy on these boards that think Trae is not worth his contract. Doesn’t mean he isn’t good, but Max good?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#204 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Trae paired with Wemby just seems like a "if you build it they will come" situation. I don't think the Spurs should be overly concerned about "overpaying" for Young.

You get those pieces together and the rest will work itself out if you have a good coach and front office - which by all accounts the Spurs do have.

Spurs have assets for two stars. Trae and ______

Ben Simmons.

Mostly joking, but in the fantasy world where this second back surgery actually gets him sustainably healthy, Ben's defense, size and passing is intriguing with Wemby & Trae.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#205 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Trae paired with Wemby just seems like a "if you build it they will come" situation. I don't think the Spurs should be overly concerned about "overpaying" for Young.

You get those pieces together and the rest will work itself out if you have a good coach and front office - which by all accounts the Spurs do have.

Spurs have assets for two stars. Trae and ______

Ben Simmons.

Mostly joking, but in the fantasy world where this second back surgery actually gets him sustainably healthy, Ben's defense, size and passing is intriguing with Wemby & Trae.

no one has ever turned a 2nd back surgery into sustained health. One back surgery, yes. But two, you're basically a ticking time bomb. Not to mention the scar tissue from having to go in there twice.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#206 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm

shakes0 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Spurs have assets for two stars. Trae and ______

Ben Simmons.

no one has ever turned a 2nd back surgery into sustained health. One back surgery, yes. But two, you're basically a ticking time bomb. Not to mention the scar tissue from having to go in there twice.

Michael Porter Jr has had 3 back surgeries & just played an 81 game season.

I wouldn't bet on these guys playing into their mid to late 30s, but they're young enough to have a handful or more of useful years if they're pain free.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#207 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Ben Simmons.

Michael Porter Jr has had 3 back surgeries & just played an 81 game season.

I wouldn't bet on these guys playing into their mid to late 30s, but they're young enough to have a handful or more of useful years if they're pain free.

MPJ is a walking time bomb. That's amazing he played 81 games this year, we'll see how long that continues. I've been right about MPJ and his back at every prediction I've made since he was in college. When he was drafted I guaranteed he would have more back surgeries within 5 years. I'll be shocked if he makes it to age 30 without another back surgery on his resume.

Return to Trades and Transactions