The Embiid Sweepstakes

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,659

Re: If Embiid Asked Out... 

Post#81 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 pm

I was going to create a new thread, but just bumped this one. If Embiid were to get traded this off-season... what makes the most sense?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#82 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 am

NYG wrote:I was going to create a new thread, but just bumped this one. If Embiid were to get traded this off-season... what makes the most sense?

He hasn't looked particularly good or efficient since his latest comeback. One of these times he might not be able to get it back given age and extensive wear/tear. Sixers will rightfully want a ton, and opposing GMs should rightly not want to offer it right now IMO. Not seeing a middle ground with that
NYG
RealGM

Post#83 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:44 am

BoogieTime wrote:
NYG wrote:I was going to create a new thread, but just bumped this one. If Embiid were to get traded this off-season... what makes the most sense?

He hasn't looked particularly good or efficient since his latest comeback. One of these times he might not be able to get it back given age and extensive wear/tear. Sixers will rightfully want a ton, and opposing GMs should rightly not want to offer it right now IMO. Not seeing a middle ground with that

But you could argue that when he's healthy... he is the best basketball player in the world. I can see someone taking a shot on that, no? Especially if we're including smaller markets.
NYG
RealGM

Re: The Embiid Sweepstakes 

Post#84 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 am

Kings try raising their ceiling...

76ers get:
Domantas Sabonis
Draft Rights to 13th Overall (chosen for Philly)
2028 Unprotected Kings 1st
2030 Top 4 Protected Kings 1st (Top 4 Protected 2031 or becomes 2031 Kings 2nd)

Kings get:
Joel Embiid
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#85 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 am

NYG wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

But you could argue that when he's healthy... he is the best basketball player in the world. I can see someone taking a shot on that, no? Especially if we're including smaller markets.

As I've said on the T/T board its harder for GMs in real life to "take shots" like we can on here. That why trades happen a lot more on the forums as they do in real life.

They have jobs/legacies and entire markets chomping at their bits.

A lot of being a GM in real life is being deathly afraid of making wrong moves as you can imagine if you had that many eye balls on you.

With that, if you forked over a ton for Joel and it didn't work out, eh, you might not survive too well.

But maybe their would be a GM who would bet on Joel's top abilities, I'm not saying I'm definitely right

Edit - I think you know how I would feel about that Kings proposal lol
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,550

Post#86 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:07 am

Pelicans been mentioned?

Zion + Murphy + Picks

76ers get 2x players to join core with Maxey. Zion a fresh start in a location that will demand his best.

Pelicans raise their floor. Still have plenty of assets to add and upgrade.

Embiid | LNJ
Herb | LNJ
Ingram
McCollum
Daniels
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,625

Post#87 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 am

Wolveswin wrote:Pelicans been mentioned?

Zion + Murphy + Picks

76ers get 2x players to join core with Maxey. Zion a fresh start in a location that will demand his best.

Embiid | LNJ
Herb | LNJ
Ingram
McCollum
Daniels

This is an overpay.

Swap Zion with Ingram.

NO might not even move Zion for Embiid in a 1 for 1.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,550

Post#88 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Zion + Murphy + Picks

Embiid | LNJ
Herb | LNJ
Ingram
McCollum
Daniels

This is an overpay.

Swap Zion with Ingram.

lol. Mmmm k.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,276

Post#89 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 am

Wolveswin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Zion + Murphy + Picks

Embiid | LNJ
Herb | LNJ
Ingram
McCollum
Daniels

This is an overpay.

Swap Zion with Ingram.

lol. Mmmm k.

Yeah. That's a silly statement by him.

Philly would need XT stuff to make the deal-with Zion. I actually think that could happen on paper but in reality, I'm not sure Embiid agrees to play in New Orleans.

I think his teams would 1 of Houston, LAL, Dubs, Phoenix and maybe the Clippers. I don't really think the Sixers would move him to another east team unless they way overpay.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,625

Post#90 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
This is an overpay.

Swap Zion with Ingram.

lol. Mmmm k.

Philly would need XT stuff to make the deal-with Zion. I actually think that could happen on paper but in reality, I'm not sure Embiid agrees to play in New Orleans.

I think his teams would 1 of Houston, LAL, Dubs, Phoenix and maybe the Clippers. I don't really think the Sixers would move him to another east team unless they way overpay.

Ya’ll can lol and call it silly all you want but you hit the nail on the head in your 2nd paragraph.

Joel is a massive flight risk in New Orleans, plain and simple. Meanwhile Zion has finally slimmed down and is starting to put it together. Plus he’s 7 years younger and locked up until 2028.

If NO is willing to move Zion, that immediately becomes one of the most appealing offers. Sure they’ll have to add a pick or two but not Murphy AND picks.

If Zion straight up is so silly, what are the Lakers, Clippers or Warriors offering that’s better?
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#91 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:lol. Mmmm k.

Ya’ll can lol and call it silly all you want but you hit the nail on the head in your 2nd paragraph.

Joel is a massive flight risk in New Orleans, plain and simple. Meanwhile Zion has finally slimmed down and is starting to put it together. Plus he’s 7 years younger and locked up until 2028.

If NO is willing to move Zion, that immediately becomes one of the most appealing offers. Sure they’ll have to add a pick or two but not Murphy AND picks.

If Zion straight up is so silly, what are the Lakers, Clippers or Warriors offering that’s better?

Well, in our forum we're discussing KD for Embiid. I think he asks out if the Sixers go down in 5. Others think it'd take Booker. I disagree but who really knows. 1 of your fellow Nets fans has been in our forum for days, for some unknown and annoying reason. you might as well join the party with the Dubs posters and others in there.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,303

Post#92 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:34 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Well, in our forum we're discussing KD for Embiid. I think he asks out if the Sixers go down in 5. Others think it'd take Booker. I disagree but who really knows. 1 of your fellow Nets fans has been in our forum for days, for some unknown and annoying reason. you might as well join the party with the Dubs posters and others in there.

Booker for Embiid is already lobsided in the Suns favor IMO. The only thing that justifies that trade is Embiid's injury history and his shorter contract. Still this is the reigning MVP we're talking about.

KD for Embiid is not going to happen. KD is older and worse than Embiid, the 76ers have no incentive to do that trade. Even if Embiid does ask out, the 76ers will surely receive better offers than that.
Spoiler:
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,399

Post#93 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:55 pm

It's ok, Embiid only lost because of Ben Simmons / Doc Rivers / James Harden. He'll come back next season and win everything.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,034

Post#94 » by GutUNC » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Don't think it would make much sense to ask out in the offseason where the Sixers have the cap space to do whatever they want to build around Embiid and Maxey. And I'm sure JE will be looped in to whatever maneuvering they plan.
GDTBATH
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#95 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 pm

GutUNC wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Don't think it would make much sense to ask out in the offseason where the Sixers have the cap space to do whatever they want to build around Embiid and Maxey. And I'm sure JE will be looped in to whatever maneuvering they plan.

Maybe. If they can get pg13 like rumored and then use those picks for another star, you might be right. We'll see in a few months.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#96 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 pm

BK_2020 wrote:It's ok, Embiid only lost because of Ben Simmons / Doc Rivers / James Harden. He'll come back next season and win everything.

Yes, he just didn't have enough help, he needs to go to a better team, let's trade him!
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#97 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 pm

Embiid for Booker is a no brainer for Suns IMO.
Embiid with KD is an instant contender.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,144

Post#98 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:It's ok, Embiid only lost because of Ben Simmons / Doc Rivers / James Harden. He'll come back next season and win everything.

Yes, he just didn't have enough help, he needs to go to a better team, let's trade him!

Yeah he needs more help. He needs to go join Jokic in Denver.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,785

Post#99 » by Clav » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

HOU could make a big play

Jabari Smith Jr, Eason, FVV, BKNs picks
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#100 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:45 pm

I'd hate it after his petulance in this series, but Embiid could use some Thibs & Brunson in his life if he was ready to set his ego aside and embrace a little accountability.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to Trades and Transactions