Make Your Best Offer: Anfernee Simons

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,944

Re: Make Your Best Offer: Anfernee Simons 

Post#61 » by OrlandoDream » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:41 am

Would love to pair up a dynamic scorer like Simmons with backcourt Suggs but WCjr and TWO First rounds picks? Its Simmons not Lillard. Wendell + filler and a FRP more then enough. After this season he only has two more years on his deal.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,524

Post#62 » by JRoy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 am

OrlandoDream wrote:Would love to pair up a dynamic scorer like Simmons with backcourt Suggs but WCjr and TWO First rounds picks? Its Simmons not Lillard. Wendell + filler and a FRP more then enough. After this season he only has two more years on his deal.

It’s Simons not Simmons.

I don’t value Simons on this iteration of the Blazers. Would rather move him for value and play Scoot and Sharpe heavy minutes in the hope they might develop into a viable backcourt.

ORL will need to upgrade perimeter offense to take the next step and Simons would address that lack but comes with warts of his own. Third banana on a solid playoff team might be a solid role for him.

WCJ is a solid rotation guy. Picks would be a big part of the deal.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,383

Post#63 » by pipfan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:02 am

For Orl, what about Howard and the Den '25 1st?
Port saves $ and adds Howard as a F prospect, plus a pick

Orl plugs Simons into its lineup
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,572

Post#64 » by Myth » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:39 am

pipfan wrote:For Orl, what about Howard and the Den '25 1st?

As with the last time I saw this proposal, I would need to see more to know Jett isn’t a bust, and a potentially very late pick from the Nuggets is not enough value to make up for that.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,383

Post#65 » by pipfan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:59 am

Myth wrote:

As with the last time I saw this proposal, I would need to see more to know Jett isn’t a bust, and a potentially very late pick from the Nuggets is not enough value to make up for that.

Understandable on Howard-I have no idea about him. But, I think the Den pick has some upside since it's only top 5 protected. Assuming another long playoff run this spring, one Jokic injury combined with the depth in the West and Den could easily slip into the playin next year-making the pick a nice bonus. Of course, it's probably at #27 pick or so, but could jump up in what projects to be a solid draft
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#66 » by Village Idiot » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:13 am

For me, any Simons to Orlando deal would have to center around Black. Wait until the new salary year and I would do Simons for Black, Denver's 25 1st and Orlando's 25 1st.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,667

Post#67 » by orlando_joe » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:09 pm

JRoy wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:wow amazing how high some value simons..
i dont see magic going any thing close to these..
i mean i think he is positive but not by much over neutral value
but 2 first plus 2-2nds and wcj?...lol ...no way come on
i still do not see magic even trying hard to get him his d is just to weak

He is a terrible defensive player.

He would easily be best perimeter player on ORL.

that does not mean magic should wildly over pay there are other options
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,667

Post#68 » by orlando_joe » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:15 pm

Village Idiot wrote:For me, any Simons to Orlando deal would have to center around Black. Wait until the new salary year and I would do Simons for Black, Denver's 25 1st and Orlando's 25 1st.

just crazy over pay for magic ...no need for this...i dont see any deal if this is close to asking price
Myth
General Manager

Post#69 » by Myth » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:32 pm

pipfan wrote:
Myth wrote:

Understandable on Howard-I have no idea about him. But, I think the Den pick has some upside since it's only top 5 protected. Assuming another long playoff run this spring, one Jokic injury combined with the depth in the West and Den could easily slip into the playin next year-making the pick a nice bonus. Of course, it's probably at #27 pick or so, but could jump up in what projects to be a solid draft

Still feels unlikely given his pretty decent bill of health, which lowers the value of the pick.
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#70 » by Magicman125 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:Would love to pair up a dynamic scorer like Simmons with backcourt Suggs but WCjr and TWO First rounds picks? Its Simmons not Lillard. Wendell + filler and a FRP more then enough. After this season he only has two more years on his deal.

Our 1sts aren't good, and lately neither is WCJ
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,545

Post#71 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 pm

Village Idiot wrote:For me, any Simons to Orlando deal would have to center around Black. Wait until the new salary year and I would do Simons for Black, Denver's 25 1st and Orlando's 25 1st.

I think you typed Black and meant Jett.

Black is huge overpay, Jett and 2x 1sts is overpay but if Magic this Simons is missing piece, slight overpay is fine.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#72 » by Village Idiot » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:10 pm

Wolveswin wrote:

Black is huge overpay, Jett and 2x 1sts is overpay but if Magic this Simons is missing piece, slight overpay is fine.
no, I meant Black. Howard has zero value to Portland, just like he has zero value to Orlando. Neither of the picks projects to have much value since both will probably be in the 20s. I get that you want to give three quarters for a dollar, but I would be shocked if the Trailblazers would consider your offer.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#73 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:16 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

no, I meant Black. Howard has zero value to Portland, just like he has zero value to Orlando. Neither of the picks projects to have much value since both will probably be in the 20s. I get that you want to give three quarters for a dollar, but I would be shocked if the Trailblazers would consider your offer.

Well if you need to discount a rookie on a good team to make your value point, already not being truthful. And for Blazers hope, equally discounting rookies on a bad team would be a very discouraging thing - Blazers wouldn’t have much to look forward to.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,524

Post#74 » by JRoy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:24 pm

Black, Suggs and Simons might be a pretty good 3 guard rotation. No way should ORL include AB in a Simons deal.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#75 » by Wolveswin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:36 pm

Blazers should use Simons to move up in the draft from #13.

But, but this is a weak draft. Even a “weak” draft will produce some very solid NBA players - maybe even a star. Could said star be at #13? Sure or in 2nd round. But Blazers are trying to find gold, hit oil, draft their NBA star. Two bites at the apple in top 5 increases those odds tremendously.

Hornets make good target where ever they land after lotto.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 629

Post#76 » by AaronB » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:56 pm

Enjoy watching the Blazers lose 60 games per year because no team would come even close to that price for Simons and the Blazers are not going to be competitive with Simons playing major minutes.

By the most reliable metrics, Simons is not just the worst defender in the NBA this year, he is the worst defender in the NBA for this decade (2020's). He has shown zero lasting desire to improve over time and that shows up in the metrics. He did show a slight improvement when he wanted to get paid. Since then, nothing.

I would not want him on the Magic if he came with picks for cash. That is not a proposal, but Simons comes with significant baggage, both on the court and off the court, a high salary, and a show of no desire to do anything but score.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#77 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:43 pm

Simons has no baggage off the court. You can pick apart his value on the court all you want, but don't attack him as a person.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#78 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:04 pm

If we didn't have George I would probably offer #8/9. But we do, so he's not a good fit (and we have Sexton). New Orleans could be interesting? With Zion playing some "point guard" a player at the 1 who is young and an excellent off ball threat could be nice.

2024/25 LAL 1st + salary ballast + 2nds?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 629

Post#79 » by AaronB » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:46 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:Simons has no baggage off the court. You can pick apart his value on the court all you want, but don't attack him as a person.

I could have said it better.

His baggage is his inability to stay on the court.
Myth
General Manager

Post#80 » by Myth » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:59 am

AaronB wrote:
Enjoy watching the Blazers lose 60 games per year

You can stop trolling everytime there is a Simons to Magic discussion. We get it. You don’t want him traded to your team.

Return to Trades and Transactions