Sengun..value,offers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

lpbman
Starter
And1: 10

Re: Sengun..value,offers 

Post#41 » by lpbman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:20 pm

Sengun isn't the odd man out, Dylan Brooks is. Maybe it turns out next season that Jalen Green needs 11 dribbles and the entire half court to himself to be the flamethrower he has been this past month, but I doubt it and I am pretty sure the Rockets are going to give them every chance to figure it out before something as drastic as trading a 21 year old all-star caliber, elite passing big man.

The Rockets, in a smallish sample size (but before Jalen Green went nuclear), played really well with a lineup featuring Thompson at small forward/Green/Sengun. Playing Thompson at one or two guard probably doesn't work with Green and Sengun. Too often the trio of Thompson, Jalen, and Sengun are playing with guys like Tate and Jeff Green or pre I-suddenly-remembered-how-to-hoop-Landale to make any final decisions.

Side note, adding Adams and Eason to the rotation next season could lead to some crazy defensive lineups. Thinking about some 5 man lineup made out of Adams, Jabari, Brooks, Eason, Thompson holding down a big lead gives me wood.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Post#42 » by NYG » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:28 am

LarsV8 wrote:If I were going to move him, it would have to be with value added for a better player who also better fits.

Such a player is hard to find.

This
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,545

Post#43 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:42 pm

NYG wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:If I were going to move him, it would have to be with value added for a better player who also better fits.

This

Towns?
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,348

Post#44 » by hugepatsfan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:47 pm

I don't see Sengun being the type of player to get traded. He's obviously a great player, but I don't think his skill set is what any team looks to pour asset into building around. But at the same time, HOU wouldn't be motivated to move him for anything less than an absolute haul because why take a step back?
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#45 » by bkohler » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:19 pm

What about Sengun for Markkanen? It would need to include some other salary (Adams? Green?) to match. They'd be gambling that Lauri would resign but that would offer a tremendous amount of shooting and size with Jabari and Lauri on the floor together.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181

Post#46 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:33 am

Sengun is way more valuable than Green imo.

This thread is crazy..
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181

Post#47 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:34 am

Wolveswin wrote:
NYG wrote:

This

Towns?

Nope. Especially at the cap space KAT will be eating in the next few years.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,533

Post#48 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:12 pm

DowJones wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Sengun + FVV + Brooks + #8 + Future Picks (until Cavs say yes)

FOR

Garland + Allen + LeVert

Sengun and Mobley would be great longterm pairing with Cavs solving their PF | C positions for next 7+ years.

Allen | Adams | Landale
Jabari | Eason
Amen | Whitmore
Green | LeVert
Garland | Amen

The Cavs really shouldn’t go for a 4th straight year with the idea that Mobley is a 4. It’s just not working.

I can understand the logic of trading Mobley, but if the Cavs do so, they should trade him for a quality forward who can shoot 3's and provide spacing. Neither Sengun nor Thompson make sense as the trade Target.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#49 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:58 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:I don't see Sengun being the type of player to get traded. He's obviously a great player, but I don't think his skill set is what any team looks to pour asset into building around. But at the same time, HOU wouldn't be motivated to move him for anything less than an absolute haul because why take a step back?

To Suns: Towns + Brooks

To Rockets: KD + Little + Moore Jr

To Wolves: Jabari + Adams + #8 (PGOF) + 26 Nets 1st
Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 891

Post#50 » by Special_Puppy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:08 pm

I'm not sure how good Sengun will be in the future, but trading a 21-year-old who's already a top 40 player in the NBA seems like a decision that could easily blow up in the Rockets face.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,957

Post#51 » by K_chile22 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:44 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:I'm not sure how good Sengun will be in the future, but trading a 21-year-old who's already a top 40 player in the NBA seems like a decision that could easily blow up in the Rockets face.

especially if it's just for like a top 30 player like some of the ideas in here
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,493

Post#52 » by jowglenn » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:46 pm

If the Pacers offered Turner, Mathurin, & Walker...?
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,348

Post#53 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:19 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:I don't see Sengun being the type of player to get traded. He's obviously a great player, but I don't think his skill set is what any team looks to pour asset into building around. But at the same time, HOU wouldn't be motivated to move him for anything less than an absolute haul because why take a step back?

I'm confused, Sengun isn't in this trade
Kiss of Death
Senior
And1: 827

Post#54 » by Kiss of Death » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:20 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:I'm not sure how good Sengun will be in the future, but trading a 21-year-old who's already a top 40 player in the NBA seems like a decision that could easily blow up in the Rockets face.

They aren't trading him. This is RealGM Fantasy Land.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#55 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:44 am

hugepatsfan wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

I'm confused, Sengun isn't in this trade

Exactly. Because you didn’t see Rockets trading him.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,957

Post#56 » by K_chile22 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:31 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I think JJJ and Sengun would be a nice fit.

Is something around Bane or Ja possible?

No lol, Grizz are not breaking up the big 3 especially for Sengun. The trade package would be picks based.

You'd be making a new big 3.
Ja/JJJ/Sengun or Bane/JJJ/Sengun

I think Sengun+FVV+FRP for Ja is a good deal for both.

Thinking about this again, if they could also swing a trade for Bridges with flotsam and the rest of the nets picks as well as sign Hartenstien or Claxton (think they can squeeze out a solid offer in space or maybe do a sign and trade) I think I would do Sengun, Fred and 9 this season for Ja. Would Memphis? IDK lean no. Sengun is a perfect fit with JJJ+Bane+Fred+Smart but they have already had proven success with Ja who has peaked higher than sengun thus far.

Rockets would look pretty good though. If Jalen stays like 70-75% of how good he's been lately this is a very good team
Ja/Amen
Jalen/Cam
Bridges/Brooks
Jabari/Tari
Clax or Harty/Adams
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 201

Post#57 » by QMemphis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:12 am

K_chile22 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

No lol, Grizz are not breaking up the big 3 especially for Sengun. The trade package would be picks based.

You'd be making a new big 3.
Ja/JJJ/Sengun or Bane/JJJ/Sengun

I think Sengun+FVV+FRP for Ja is a good deal for both.

Thinking about this again, if they could also swing a trade for Bridges with flotsam and the rest of the nets picks as well as sign Hartenstien or Claxton (think they can squeeze out a solid offer in space or maybe do a sign and trade) I think I would do Sengun, Fred and 9 this season for Ja. Would Memphis? IDK lean no. Sengun is a perfect fit with JJJ+Bane+Fred+Smart but they have already had proven success with Ja who has peaked higher than sengun thus far.

Rockets would look pretty good though. If Jalen stays like 70-75% of how good he's been lately this is a very good team
Ja/Amen
Jalen/Cam
Bridges/Brooks
Jabari/Tari
Clax or Harty/Adams

Bruh you should’ve kept this pipe dream to yourself lol. Grizz are competing for titles we are not looking to trade our young superstar to a division rival and back out of our title window.

Return to Trades and Transactions