Towns offers ? Who has the best offer?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 89

Re: Towns offers ? Who has the best offer? 

Post#81 » by Astaluego » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:18 pm

They don't move him...I think they move Rudy first... KAT is his boy, he's also younger than Gobert... so I think he makes more sense in the long term with Edwards...

Gobert to the Hawks..

Murray/Okongwu+FRP Hawks(or future Kings) to Wolves..
Old Mike Lorenzo
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,967

Post#82 » by wegotthabeet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Atlanta makes the most sense to me.

I would push for Murray + Jalen Johnson instead of Trae as the basis for a trade. Minnesota is building their identity as an elite defensive team. Edwards is a clear number 1 option too, so I wouldn't want to bring in someone who takes the ball out of his hands.

Murray + Johnson + Capela for KAT + Miller + 2024 MIN first round pick

Murray - Conley
Edwards - Alexander-Walker
McDaniels - Anderson
Johnson - Reid
Gobert - Capela

best 10 man rotation in the NBA.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,482

Post#83 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:54 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:Atlanta makes the most sense to me.

I would push for Murray + Jalen Johnson instead of Trae as the basis for a trade. Minnesota is building their identity as an elite defensive team. Edwards is a clear number 1 option too, so I wouldn't want to bring in someone who takes the ball out of his hands.

Murray - Conley
McDaniels - Anderson
Johnson - Reid
Gobert - Capela

Hawks do not do that. Hawks consistently have a top 10 offense bottom 10 defense. Don’t understand why so many think it’s a great fit. I like Goberts fit much better.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,544

Post#84 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:03 pm

Murray - Conley
McDaniels - Anderson
Johnson - Reid
Gobert - Capela

No way Jalen Johnson is on the table from Hawks. IF he is, Hawks are perfect trade partner - because Jalen is exactly what Wolves need. And 100% no way Murray AND Jalen plus a pick is on the table. Way overpay for Towns.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#85 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:12 pm

Astaluego wrote:They don't move him...I think they move Rudy first... KAT is his boy, he's also younger than Gobert... so I think he makes more sense in the long term with Edwards...

Gobert to the Hawks..

Murray/Okongwu+FRP Hawks(or future Kings) to Wolves..

Interesting. But I would trade Gobert to Magic.

+Isaac - take a gamble he can stay healthy and be the defense Towns needs next to him.
+Black - PGOF learning from Conley
+Cap savings
+Picks

Towns | Reid
Isaac | Reid
McDaniels
Edwards | NAW
Conley | Black
wegotthabeet
Analyst

Post#86 » by wegotthabeet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:21 pm

Wolveswin wrote:

Murray - Conley
McDaniels - Anderson
Johnson - Reid
Gobert - Capela

No way Jalen Johnson is on the table from Hawks. IF he is, Hawks are perfect trade partner - because Jalen is exactly what Wolves need. And 100% no way Murray AND Jalen plus a pick is on the table. Way overpay for Towns.

Pick is going the other way. I would need Jalen Johnson to move KAT at minimum. Adding Murray is admittedly ambitious. I don't think KAT for Jalen and filler deals is that far fetched.
wegotthabeet
Analyst

Post#87 » by wegotthabeet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:24 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:

Murray - Conley
McDaniels - Anderson
Johnson - Reid
Gobert - Capela

Hawks do not do that. Hawks consistently have a top 10 offense bottom 10 defense. Don’t understand why so many think it’s a great fit. I like Goberts fit much better.

A core of Trae and KAT is an interesting premise to me. Surrounding them with three and d players should work beautifully in theory at least.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#88 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Murray - Conley
McDaniels - Anderson
Johnson - Reid
Gobert - Capela

Pick is going the other way. I would need Jalen Johnson to move KAT at minimum. Adding Murray is admittedly ambitious. I don't think KAT for Jalen and filler deals is that far fetched.

If Hawks put Jalen on table for Towns, shut everything else down. Done deal. Party over. Fat lady singing.

+Jalen Johnson
+Capela for the expiring salary and backup big - and I am sure Hawks want to pair Towns with Okongwu.
+Griffin or Bufkin
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,979

Post#89 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:18 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:No way Jalen Johnson is on the table from Hawks. IF he is, Hawks are perfect trade partner - because Jalen is exactly what Wolves need. And 100% no way Murray AND Jalen plus a pick is on the table. Way overpay for Towns.

If Hawks put Jalen on table for Towns, shut everything else down. Done deal. Party over. Fat lady singing.

+Jalen Johnson
+Capela for the expiring salary and backup big - and I am sure Hawks want to pair Towns with Okongwu.
+Griffin or Bufkin

That'll be a very quick no from.the Hawks.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,567

Post#90 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:33 pm

I can get Hawks not wanting to move Johnson but I struggle with seeing how he is equal value to Towns. Johnson is a good young player with potential but it’s likely he never is anywhere near towns.
Sign here
wegotthabeet
Analyst

Post#91 » by wegotthabeet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:38 pm

brackdan70 wrote:I can get Hawks not wanting to move Johnson but I struggle with seeing how he is equal value to Towns. Johnson is a good young player with potential but it’s likely he never is anywhere near towns.

This is where I’m at too. He’s nice but likely never as good as KAT currently.

I’m eager to see the first major move by Fields as GM. They need to either rebuild or consolidate some assets for another star.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,482

Post#92 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:02 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:I can get Hawks not wanting to move Johnson but I struggle with seeing how he is equal value to Towns. Johnson is a good young player with potential but it’s likely he never is anywhere near towns.

I’m eager to see the first major move by Fields as GM. They need to either rebuild or consolidate some assets for another star.

I mean that’s what they tried when they traded for Murray but they’ve gotten worse. Hawks are the only team ranked with a top 17 offense under .500 …and they have had a top 10 offense most of the season but dipped some after the Trae injury. They need a bigger lineup and to get better defensively somehow.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#93 » by Wolveswin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:19 am

jayu70 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

+Jalen Johnson
+Griffin or Bufkin

That'll be a very quick no from.the Hawks.

Thanks for all the input why.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#94 » by minimus » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:22 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I think Atlanta still makes the most sense. Brooklyn could put together a good offer if they are able to land another star.

I’d try Charlotte as a dark horse. Ball/Miller/Bridges/KAT is at least somewhat interesting.

Any rebuilding team that can pair Towns with dominating PG should have interest:

- ATL: Towns+Young (somewhat concerning defensively though)
- CHA: Towns+Melo
- IND: Towns+Siakam+Hali
- MEM: Towns+Morant

Any rebuilding team that can pair Towns with dominating slasher who desperately needs spacing should have interest:

- OKC: Towns+Shai
- NYK: Towns+Brunson
- ORL: Towns+Banchero+Wagner
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,089

Post#95 » by shrink » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:24 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:

I agree, but I don’t think his opinion stands out. Many posters over-value their team’s best young star, seeing the value as his highest possible ceiling, not what the expected value is. And maybe that’s ok. It’s the superstars that drive franchises. And especially for non-contending markets, it’s that dream of superstardom for their best young player that keeps fans. If the front office can’t sell wins, they have to sell hope.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 168

Post#96 » by louc1970 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:50 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Would Raptors be looking to reset and rebuild? How does Barnes look in MN? Something like…

To Nets: Towns + Filler

To Raps: 25/27/29 Suns 1sts + Clowney + Simmons + More from Nets?

To Wolves: Barnes + Olynyk + Brown

Gobert | Reid | Olynyk
McDaniels | Reid
Barnes | McDaniels
Edwards | NAW
Conley | Brown

I don’t see the Raptors being interested in giving up their franchise player for potential of picks.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#97 » by Wolveswin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:06 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

I mean that’s what they tried when they traded for Murray but they’ve gotten worse. Hawks are the only team ranked with a top 17 offense under .500 …and they have had a top 10 offense most of the season but dipped some after the Trae injury. They need a bigger lineup and to get better defensively somehow.

What about…

Gobert + Reid + NAW

FOR

Jalen Johnson + Capela + Bogdanovic

Gobert | OO
Reid | OO
Hunter
Murray | NAW
Young

Towns | Capela
McDaniels
Johnson
Edwards | Bogdanovic
Conley
wegotthabeet
Analyst

Post#98 » by wegotthabeet » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 am

shrink wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

I agree, but I don’t think his opinion stands out. Many posters over-value their team’s best young star, seeing the value as his highest possible ceiling, not what the expected value is. And maybe that’s ok. It’s the superstars that drive franchises. And especially for non-contending markets, it’s that dream of superstardom for their best young player that keeps fans. If the front office can’t sell wins, they have to sell hope.

Fans always prefer potential unless they are already contenders. Front offices don’t necessarily operate the same way of course.

Similar types of trades happen fairly regularly. I don’t think most kings fans liked the haliburton deal but it’s hard to argue it wasn’t mutually beneficial even if the kings never come close to winning a championship. I fully understand the fan perspective though since I am one. I wouldn’t want to deal Johnson either for an all star level player, but he isn’t pulling a superstar via trade either.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Post#99 » by DarkXaero » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:06 am

Not sure what KAT value really is with his contract but if wolves are looking to move off money, from nets end, how about Ben Simmons, Denis Schroeder and three first round picks for KAT?

Those are both expiring contracts so they move off KAT's salary completely, maybe they get something out of Ben in a contract year (who can be a great fit there), and Schroder is a productive rotation guard who helps them, in addition to 3 valuable first round picks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,657

Post#100 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:17 am

DarkXaero wrote:Not sure what KAT value really is with his contract but if wolves are looking to move off money, from nets end, how about Ben Simmons, Denis Schroeder and three first round picks for KAT?

Those are both expiring contracts so they move off KAT's salary completely, maybe they get something out of Ben in a contract year (who can be a great fit there), and Schroder is a productive rotation guard who helps them, in addition to 3 valuable first round picks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app

I think they'd rather just have Simmons + picks for cap relief, ANT will likely be all NBA and his 30% max will set in.
Simmons + PHI 1st + DAL 1st + PHX 25 1st.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Trades and Transactions