What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 483

What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like? 

Post#1 » by bpcox05 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:38 pm

I wanted to get people’s perspectives on a Jonathan Isaac to SAC trade. What would make sense for both teams? Is he even realistic available?

Ideally, I’d want Fox, Monk (FA anyways), Ellis, Murray, and Sabonis off the table so that leaves the following players/picks to work with (assuming the Kings make the playoffs this year thus unlocking all of their future 1sts for trade again):

Harrison Barnes
Kevin Huerter
Trey Lyles
Sasha Vezenkov
Davion Mitchell
Chris Duarte
Colby Jones
2025 SAC 1st
2026 SAC 1st
2027 SAC 1st
2028 SAC 1st
2029 SAC 1st
2030 SAC 1st
2031 SAC 1st
2024 SAC 2nd
2025 POR 2nd
2025 SAC 2nd
2026 SAC 2nd
2027 SAC 2nd
2028 SAC 2nd
2029 SAC 2nd
2031 SAC 2nd
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 229

Re: What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like? 

Post#2 » by balsamic_ducks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:48 pm

He's having a nice season but he's still a 15mpg player whose body hasnt shown the ability to handle a bigger workload. I cant see a FO giving anything of significant value and Orlando wouldn't trade him without getting good value
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,978

Post#3 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:57 pm

Not available.

If he were, it's not for draft picks. It would be for quality guard. Maybe 3-way with Clevland for DM*?

*edited: as part of a bigger package for DM
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,286

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 pm

almost certainly available if you want to give them something good. They'd have to be fools to make him untouchable. And smart teams never insist on getting a specific return for an asset with such minimal value. Get the value. If you also want to add a quality guard, then add one in trade or free agency. No reason for that to have to be one deal. League rules allow you to make multiple transactions.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,590

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:37 pm

Stein reports that they wanted to add some shooting.

Huerter for Isaac seems to fit in nicely.

With Sasha/Lyles being able to pick up PF minutes, I would mind Kings risking it with JIs injury history.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,491

Post#6 » by JRoy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:41 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Not available.

If he were, it's not for draft picks. It would be for quality guard. Maybe 3-way with Clevland for DM?

I can see ORL making a move for a big upgrade at guard.

Cannot see any team valuing Isaac this highly with his tragic injury history.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,152

Post#7 » by tiderulz » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Stein reports that they wanted to add some shooting.

With Sasha/Lyles being able to pick up PF minutes, I would mind Kings risking it with JIs injury history.

doesnt move the needle enough for me. Isaac does have major injury history. But when he is on the court, he is a difference maker, Huerter is not. And with him making it thru the year (with games off now and then) and a summer to continue to strengthen his body, that isnt a move i would make
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:02 pm

tiderulz wrote:

doesnt move the needle enough for me. Isaac does have major injury history. But when he is on the court, he is a difference maker, Huerter is not. And with him making it thru the year (with games off now and then) and a summer to continue to strengthen his body, that isnt a move i would make

I have no problem with hyping up Isaacs impact, but don't really think its fair to say Huerters never been a difference maker.

HE was a huge part of our success last year. Unfortunately his spot kind of got taken by Monk/Murray during the season, and now we've had a huge progress from Keon. Additionally Sac has no real defensive presence (Murray has now taken a leap but still) to cover Huerter, where as it seems Orlando is one of the better defensive teams and needs major help offensively and shooting the basketball.

Last year Huerter - 15/3/3 48%, 40% from 3 on 7 attempts. 1.7 VORP, 62% TS
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#9 » by Jody Smokz » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:14 pm

His shooting in the playoffs has been terrible though...beyond bad

LightTheBeam wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I have no problem with hyping up Isaacs impact, but don't really think its fair to say Huerters never been a difference maker.

HE was a huge part of our success last year. Unfortunately his spot kind of got taken by Monk/Murray during the season, and now we've had a huge progress from Keon. Additionally Sac has no real defensive presence (Murray has now taken a leap but still) to cover Huerter, where as it seems Orlando is one of the better defensive teams and needs major help offensively and shooting the basketball.

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,719

Post#10 » by Skybox » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:17 pm

As long as Isaac is ambulatory, he is among DPOY candidates. On last Lowe Post podcast, Zach and his guest stated that they thought Isaac was, at present, the best defender in the NBA - and it's not close. Nobody goes from quick-footed, long-armed perimeter disruption to rim-protection like him.

The injury history is certainly a factor and (almost) no one is untouchable, but I don't see anything SAC could (would) trade that would make sense for ORL. ORL is in desperate need for Guard scoring and creation, not picks, cap space, and prospects, at this time, as ORL already has several young guys in the "promising" stage and one (possibly two) frps in addition to their own.

Have to look at a 3-way for a scoring guard on the level of Herro, Simons, or part of a package for Dejounte or similar. I'm not saying Isaac's value is necessarily there but that's all that would really make any sense for ORL, IMO.

ORL's success this year has been completely on the back of their defense, led by Suggs and Isaac, both of whom will be perennial All-Defense candidates if they can stay healthy. The ORL offense has been completely on the back of Banchero & Franz dragging an impotent backcourt to wins. Adding a reliable floor-spreader and all-around offensive creator is the true glaring need. Isaac has been as important to ORL's success as much as anyone, despite relatively insignificant offense and limited minutes. I would hope both of those get better next year, given this year's immense progress in his recovery. He's still very young and known to be a hard worker (sadly, primarily on rehab thus far).

Huerter for Isaac...maybe a couple of seasons ago, when Huerter was "showing offensive creation to go with his 3pt marksmanship" and Isaac was hobbling around as a large, non-guaranteed salary slot. That ship has sailed.

This is all predicated on ORL not simply paying Monk and giving him the keys to a formidable young team's offense :lol:
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#11 » by Jody Smokz » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:20 pm

If I'm Orlando I'm not moving Isaac for anything but in a package for a significant upgrade. I get his injury history but he ever has a real go at being healthy he's a top 5 defensive player in the NBA to me...
JRoy
RealGM

Post#12 » by JRoy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:21 pm

Skybox wrote:As long as Isaac is ambulatory, he is among DPOY candidates. On last Lowe Post podcast, Zach and his guest stated that they thought Isaac was, at present, the best defender in the NBA - and it's not close. Nobody goes from quick-footed, long-armed perimeter disruption to rim-protection like him.

The injury history is certainly a factor and (almost) no one is untouchable, but I don't see anything SAC could (would) trade that would make sense for ORL. ORL is in desperate need for Guard scoring and creation, not picks, cap space, and prospects, at this time, as ORL already has several young guys in the "promising" stage and one (possibly two) frps in addition to their own.

Have to look at a 3-way for a scoring guard on the level of Herro, Simons, or part of a package for Dejounte or similar. I'm not saying Isaac's value is necessarily there but that's all that would really make any sense for ORL, IMO.

ORL's success this year has been completely on the back of their defense, led by Suggs and Isaac, both of whom will be perennial All-Defense candidates if they can stay healthy. The ORL offense has been completely on the back of Banchero & Franz dragging an impotent backcourt to wins. Adding a reliable floor-spreader and all-around offensive creator is the true glaring need. Isaac has been as important to ORL's success as much as anyone, despite relatively insignificant offense and limited minutes. I would hope both of those get better next year, given this year's immense progress in his recovery. He's still very young and known to be a hard worker (sadly, primarily on rehab thus far).

Huerter for Isaac...maybe a couple of seasons ago, when Huerter was "showing offensive creation to go with his 3pt marksmanship" and Isaac was hobbling around as a large, non-guaranteed salary slot. That ship has sailed.

This is all predicated on ORL not simply paying Monk and giving him the keys to a formidable young team's offense :lol:

I like Isaac a lot but that this season of health is the exception in his career, not the rule.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:22 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:His shooting in the playoffs has been terrible though...beyond bad

LightTheBeam wrote:
tiderulz wrote:doesnt move the needle enough for me. Isaac does have major injury history. But when he is on the court, he is a difference maker, Huerter is not. And with him making it thru the year (with games off now and then) and a summer to continue to strengthen his body, that isnt a move i would make

The first run with ATL he played okay as a 22 year old. Had some big moments during those playoffs, but ya the other 2 series he was a let down. Thought I read he was dealing with an injury last year in the GS series, I'm not sure. But we are talking about a small sample size here, so not sure how much thats worth?
Skybox
RealGM

Post#14 » by Skybox » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:25 pm

JRoy wrote:
Skybox wrote:As long as Isaac is ambulatory, he is among DPOY candidates. On last Lowe Post podcast, Zach and his guest stated that they thought Isaac was, at present, the best defender in the NBA - and it's not close. Nobody goes from quick-footed, long-armed perimeter disruption to rim-protection like him.

I like Isaac a lot but that this season of health is the exception in his career, not the rule.

Believe me, I'm aware, but today is really good and SAC doesn't have anything that really fits anyway.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#15 » by JRoy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:26 pm

Skybox wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Believe me, I'm aware, but today is really good and SAC doesn't have anything that really fits anyway.

I wouldn’t trade Isaac for a jobber either.
Edrees wrote:

Skybox
RealGM

Post#16 » by Skybox » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:48 pm

JRoy wrote:
Skybox wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Simons maybe? Isaac and a frpick (and resultant cap space) for Simons & TimeLord
JRoy
RealGM

Post#17 » by JRoy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:53 pm

Skybox wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Simons maybe? Isaac and a frpick (and resultant cap space) for Simons & TimeLord

Sure.
Edrees wrote:

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 483

Post#18 » by bpcox05 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:01 pm

I feel like my max offer for Isaac would be…

Kevin Huerter
2025 POR 2nd
2025 SAC 1st Pick Swap

However, seeing some of the responses here, it sounds like that wouldn’t be the right type of package (even if they agree the value is fair).
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Post#19 » by SNPA » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:08 pm

Besides injuries, which is sufficient to kill most deals for Sac, there is a locker room fit factor. The Kings have a group of guys who really get along. Issac brings a whole set of political activities with him. Maybe those aren’t an issue, maybe it causes some disharmony. It’s a factor to be considered for Sac who has long had a team unity issue and doesn’t want to go back.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#20 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:06 am

JRoy wrote:
Skybox wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Sure.

He'd be good next to Ayton...also, really good next to Banchero and Wagner...he really should be playing C next year, IMO. He's a demon on the perimeter but, if he's healthy, he should be starting instead of WCJ

Return to Trades and Transactions