POR - SAC

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Who Wins the Trade?

POR by a lot
No votes
POR
No votes
POR by a little
11%
Both / Fair Trade
22%
SAC by a little
56%
SAC
11%
SAC by a lot
No votes
Neither
No votes

Total votes: 9

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 485

Re: POR - SAC 

Post#21 » by bpcox05 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:18 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Honestly if the Kings miss the POs and keep their pick Monte needs to trade down to a late 1st and get a future pick. Preferably 2025 so it still opens up all picks to trade. That should be the #1 priority if the Kings miss the POs.

The future 2025 pick you are hoping he’d get would have to be unprotected (which seems highly unlikely) to do what you’re suggesting.

And even in that scenario, the Kings wouldn’t be able to trade all future picks. If they were somehow able to get some others teams 2025 pick unprotected, they could obviously offer that pick to a team but the next pick the Kings would be able to trade would be a 2028 SAC 1st (since the pick due to ATL could technically be conveyed in 2026).
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,166

Post#22 » by OxAndFox » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:57 pm

bpcox05 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Honestly if the Kings miss the POs and keep their pick Monte needs to trade down to a late 1st and get a future pick. Preferably 2025 so it still opens up all picks to trade. That should be the #1 priority if the Kings miss the POs.

The future 2025 pick you are hoping he’d get would have to be unprotected (which seems highly unlikely) to do what you’re suggesting.

And even in that scenario, the Kings wouldn’t be able to trade all future picks. If they were somehow able to get some others teams 2025 pick unprotected, they could obviously offer that pick to a team but the next pick the Kings would be able to trade would be a 2028 SAC 1st (since the pick due to ATL could technically be conveyed in 2026).

I'm not suggesting it to make a big trade this off season, or even at the deadline. 2025 1st would be more likely a best case scenario. It's to ensure you can do a massive all in trade next off season so the protections wouldn't really come into play. I'm also not suggesting just run it back again. The deck needs to be shuffled with at least Barnes out.

But let's say Utah ends up with the #29 pick which is looking likely. Would they be willing to do #13/2025 Portland 2nd for #29/2025 1st Minnesota which is unprotected. I think they absolutely would simply for the value. Without the 2nd even.
bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 485

Post#23 » by bpcox05 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:18 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:

I'm not suggesting it to make a big trade this off season, or even at the deadline. 2025 1st would be more likely a best case scenario. It's to ensure you can do a massive all in trade next off season so the protections wouldn't really come into play. I'm also not suggesting just run it back again. The deck needs to be shuffled with at least Barnes out.

But let's say Utah ends up with the #29 pick which is looking likely. Would they be willing to do #13/2025 Portland 2nd for #29/2025 1st Minnesota which is unprotected. I think they absolutely would simply for the value. Without the 2nd even.

Yeah I’m saying your scenario wouldn’t allow us to trade the max amount of future SAC picks.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,166

Post#24 » by OxAndFox » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:30 am

bpcox05 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:The future 2025 pick you are hoping he’d get would have to be unprotected (which seems highly unlikely) to do what you’re suggesting.

Yeah I’m saying your scenario wouldn’t allow us to trade the max amount of future SAC picks.

Yeah sorry, that is true. Apologies.

Return to Trades and Transactions