Portland - Detroit

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,417

Portland - Detroit 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:22 pm

Detroit trade: Grimes
Portland trade: Thybulle

Why for Portland: save money and get younger
Why for Detroit: upgrade perimeter D
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,102

Re: Portland - Detroit 

Post#2 » by tmorgan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:26 pm

It’s not a trade I’d mske (rolling the dice on upside — Thybulle has none).

That said, if Detroit were willing to do this, Portland shouldn’t. Grimes has knee problems, so if they’re willing to get rid of him for a known quantity in Matisse, Portland’s probably getting a lemon.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,474

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:28 pm

I don't know about value, but the Pistons desperately, and I mean desperately need to try to put together a functional offense. Their guards can't shoot and that's a problem. I have them as a potential landing spot for Simons.

All of Stewart, Duran, Thompson, and Cade are at least adequate on the defensive end. They need to open up the floor a bit.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,417

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I don't know about value, but the Pistons desperately, and I mean desperately need to try to put together a functional offense. Their guards can't shoot and that's a problem. I have them as a potential landing spot for Simons.

All of Stewart, Duran, Thompson, and Cade are at least adequate on the defensive end. They need to open up the floor a bit.

I have Thompson as the only decent defender of the bunch you listed. Cade and Duren have not been good defensively. Stewart plays out of position so he atleast has an excuse
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,474

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:36 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I don't know about value, but the Pistons desperately, and I mean desperately need to try to put together a functional offense. Their guards can't shoot and that's a problem. I have them as a potential landing spot for Simons.

I have Thompson as the only decent defender of the bunch you listed. Cade and Duren have not been good defensively. Stewart plays out of position so he atleast has an excuse

I don't think the Pistons have any business trading for guy who shoots below league average from 3 on the 3.4 apg.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#6 » by JRoy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:43 pm

Pretty sure DET would rather keep what they have. DET needs shooters.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,397

Post#7 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 am

Grimes was plagued by injury issues this season but I expect him to get healthy this summer and come back and build on his strong 22-23 season with the Knicks.

He's also only 23 and Thybulle is 27 so there is much more room to grow with Grimes. Hard pass.

Return to Trades and Transactions