CHA/GSW - go big AND go home

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,825

Re: CHA/GSW - go big AND go home 

Post#21 » by gswhoops » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Well it all depends on how GSW values Ball and his ankles. This clearly would send GSW into a rebuild and Klay is gone and your looking at moving on from. Wiggins which is harder to do then you'd think. I think it would have to be Ball plus Mark Williams plus picks for Curry and Draymond.

Charlotte needs a C after the deal but I just think GSW isn't looking to move Curry unless they get a great offer they can't say no to.

If Toronto wasn't rebuilding I would offer any pick we get in this draft 1-6 plus Quickley plus whatever else not named Barnes for Curry to bring him home to Toronto but we are in the same boat as Charlotte. We have good younger pieces but aren't at the point to contend

If Curry is gone we're looking at a rebuild either way. Ball at least gives us someone to rebuild around (and is the kind of passer/playmaker who could unlock other young guys). Ball + 2024 pick as the starting point at least gives us something to sell to fans as the future.

Let Klay walk, trade Dray for whatever he can get and rebuild around LaMelo, Kuminga, Podz, and the Charlotte pick

Would love to get Draymond included in this deal. I think those 2 + our young supporting cast Miller/Bridges/Mark could contend in the East right away.

Curry/Dray for LaMelo/Bertans/Micic works $ wise, add the 2024 1st and then as many future 1sts as the teams negotiate for.

If Curry demands a trade and includes Charlotte on his list of destinations, that's at least a deal I could live with.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,466

Post#22 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:This is just awful for GSW. They get a okay pick in a weak draft and a bunch of picks that look like they are going to be mid to late firsts and no prospects. The Warriors owe it to Curry not to do this.

I get their run it's coming to a end but let's not act like Curry can't be an elite player in this league. He's taken injured GSW teams in a stacked west to the playoffs at minimum this us Miller plus picks or Ball plus picks

Curry would only come here if Miller is on the team.

Most likely Ball would be traded if it comes down to it.

You can't harp on the point that Charlotte is his preferred team if he moves from GSW and then insist he would only come for Miller. He wouldn't be going to Charlotte for Miller, or even to win. He'd be going for the location. If Curry really wanted Charlotte he's not calling it off for Miller.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,088

Post#23 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm

No way, if we’re trading away the dynasty core, the Hornets have to keep Grant. That’s my only issue.. reason being we’ll need something to watch next year and seeing Dray inevitably get in Grant’s face would be the best part of the next few declining years

But really, if Steph wants to go, cool. I’d rather have an avalanche of picks (starting in ‘25) than LaMelo, unless he’s moved for a different set of picks. If we’re rebuilding.. they need to embrace it without hedging
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,602

Post#24 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 pm

Sadly if Curry really did ask out, you can bet its probably to go to LA. But far more likely he tries to recruit to GS and finishes a lifer.

Return to Trades and Transactions