Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,655

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season? 

Post#201 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:36 am

tester551 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
NYG wrote:Portland Trail Blazers get:
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte
19th Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Jerami Grant
Kris Murray
Duop Reath
34th Overall Draft Pick

Toronto Raptors get:
Kevin Huerter
13th Overall Draft Pick

If I'm Portland I'm looking for 13 not 19 and change.

Yeah... not close IMO.

I'm not sure why Toronto is even involved here

I was trying to resolve the cap issues.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#202 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 am

OxAndFox wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
You think Keegan would be untouchable for KD? or just that 13 is a fair offer? Trying to decide how bad this take is.

Zero chance Keegan is traded for KD maybe 3 years ago you don’t give a promising two way player for an aging vet

I think think he's on the table for KD. Depends on how much Monte wants to progress instantly. I think it would be better for both if it were Sabonis/Lyles/Davion for KD/Nurkic as the premise. I know Kings fans would probably hate it, but just spitballing here and that can be changed quite a bit.
That way Phoenix can run majority of the offense through Sabonis and not just rely on Booker for playmaking with Booker, Beal, Allen working off DHO and etc.

Sacramento goes in with KD as a true #1, Fox as #2, Monk as #3A, Keegan as #3B with Ellis/Monk/Barnes/Huerter

Sabonis is obviously more important than Keegan
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#203 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:50 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:This is a realgm idea, not a very real one.. But

KD for Barnes, Huerter, Murray, Sasha, 13th, +?.

I know that’s not Keegan when you say Murray

You think Keegan would be untouchable for KD? or just that 13 is a fair offer? Trying to decide how bad this take is.

I can see the argument against it, if you are high on Murray's potential. I think we take age/injury history for granted a bit on the RealGM board. KD can fall off at any time. Being 36 with injury history is Russian roulette.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Post#204 » by SNPA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am

BoogieTime wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

I can see the argument against it, if you are high on Murray's potential. I think we take age/injury history for granted a bit on the RealGM board. KD can fall off at any time. Being 36 with injury history is Russian roulette.

No one is trading Keegan in a package for KD. That’s insane. Two years on from that trade Monte is a laughingstock unless Sac wins the title…which is super unlikely.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,592

Post#205 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 am

BoogieTime wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

I’m very high on Keegan’s potential. But give me 2 years of KD every time.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#206 » by SNPA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:19 am

jayjaysee wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

IMO that’s bonkers asset management.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,592

Post#207 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 am

SNPA wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Depends on how highly one values the asset of a championship.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Post#208 » by Jkam31 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

jayjaysee wrote:
SNPA wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

And if KD slows down more next year or gets hurt while Keegan goes on to be a 20ppg player with elite defense how would you explain that to your boss. Either way Keegan’s not available for anyone over 34
SNPA
General Manager

Post#209 » by SNPA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

jayjaysee wrote:
SNPA wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

This isn’t Toronto. A 37 KD in this West isn’t KL.

If you want to roll dice and get crazy then trade Sabonis/Fox. Trading Sabonis for Brown/Zion/Bi&Herb are the type of deals that give a better shot at a title over a longer timeframe.

KD is done on that level. He can’t get Sac to a title, he can’t get the Suns out of the first round.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,401

Post#210 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am

Jkam31 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
SNPA wrote:IMO that’s bonkers asset management.

And if KD slows down more next year or gets hurt while Keegan goes on to be a 20ppg player with elite defense how would you explain that to your boss. Either way Keegan’s not available for anyone over 34

And if KD continues to play at an all star level next 2 years while keegan doesn't expand his game offensively how would you explain that? either outcome is plausible.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,166

Post#211 » by OxAndFox » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 am

I can see both sides of this. I understand anyone not want to part ways with Keegan, and as a member of the don't trade Keegan Murray for anything club, I get it.
I also see what KD could do for Sacramento. That's why I trade Sabonis instead if I'm the Kings.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#212 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:22 am

OxAndFox wrote:I can see both sides of this. I understand anyone not want to part ways with Keegan, and as a member of the don't trade Keegan Murray for anything club, I get it.
I also see what KD could do for Sacramento. That's why I trade Sabonis instead if I'm the Kings.

Sabonis is an MVP candidate, and foundational to why the Kings are good

He’s more important than, what is a developing player in Murray at this stage, and you wouldn’t move him for a player who could downturn at any time like Durant.

Sabonis is durable and has close to a decade on Durant and has been a key cog to the Kings offense. Sabonis is arguably more central to his teams success than KD already, hence NBA.com mvp ladder lol (I love to repeat it)
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#213 » by OxAndFox » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:I can see both sides of this. I understand anyone not want to part ways with Keegan, and as a member of the don't trade Keegan Murray for anything club, I get it.

He’s more important than, what is a developing player in Murray at this stage, and you wouldn’t move him for a player who could downturn at any time like Durant.

Sabonis is durable and has close to a decade on Durant and has been a key cog to the Kings offense. Sabonis is arguably more central to his teams success than KD already, hence NBA.com mvp ladder lol (I love to repeat it)

As I said, spitballing. Who do you think is more likely to take Sacramento to a title in the next 2 years. Sabonis or Durant?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#214 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

As I said, spitballing. Who do you think is more likely to take Sacramento to a title in the next 2 years. Sabonis or Durant?

I don’t know. The Suns have a bit more talent around KD, and finished a little better.

The Kings fan base though just sat through nearly two decades of nonsense. If there is one franchise where you would think more than twice of moving a foundational player for the next ~decade over a shot at a ring for the next two years, might be this one. Arena is packed now
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,655

Post#215 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 pm

NYG wrote:
tester551 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
If I'm Portland I'm looking for 13 not 19 and change.

Yeah... not close IMO.

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Grant Williams
Sasha Vezenkov (stretch waived)
Chris Duarte (stretch waived)
13th Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Jerami Grant
Kris Murray
Duop Reath
34th Overall Draft Pick

Charlotte Hornets get:
Kevin Huerter
SNPA
General Manager

Post#216 » by SNPA » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:32 am

NYG wrote:
NYG wrote:
tester551 wrote:Yeah... not close IMO.

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Grant Williams
Sasha Vezenkov (stretch waived)
Chris Duarte (stretch waived)
13th Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Jerami Grant
Kris Murray
Duop Reath
34th Overall Draft Pick

Charlotte Hornets get:
Kevin Huerter

Portland fans won’t like it.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#217 » by OxAndFox » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I don’t know. The Suns have a bit more talent around KD, and finished a little better.

The Kings fan base though just sat through nearly two decades of nonsense. If there is one franchise where you would think more than twice of moving a foundational player for the next ~decade over a shot at a ring for the next two years, might be this one. Arena is packed now

That is a fair argument 100%. And you're right, Sacramento probably shouldn't be the franchise to make those types of gambles.

Return to Trades and Transactions