Chi-ATL-SA-Utah

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,383

Chi-ATL-SA-Utah 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:02 pm

Atl sends TYoung to SA
ATL gets Lavine and the #5 pick this year from SA

Chi sends Lavine to ATL
Chi gets Collins and their pick back from SA

Utah sends Collins to Chi
Utah gets some random 2nd round pick

SA sends ATL their pick (let's say #5) and Chi their '25 pick back
SA gets Young

ATL pairs good buddies Lavine/Murray and improves their D (Lavine is no Caruso but he's much better on D than Young)
Murray/KU guard (either one)
Lavine/Bogs/Kobe B
Hunter/Bogs/Griffin
Johnson/#10 pick
Capela/Okongwu

SA gets their PG to pair with Wemby. Not sure if they have the cap space to absorb Young, but they can get close

Chi moves on from Lavine and adds a read PF who should work next to Vuc. PWill becomes their 6th man
Ayo/Caruso/Carter
White/Caruso/Terry
DDR (resigned for 2 years)/PWill/Terry
Collins/PWill/Phillips
Vuc/Drummond/Collins
Plus the #11 pick, and they save enough $ to stay under the tax, plus cut the last year of Lavine.

Utah does this to free up $. They have plenty of guys to play the 4/5, plus draft picks to find minutes for
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Re: Chi-ATL-SA-Utah 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:13 pm

That's terrible for Atlanta. They should just do a direct deal woth San Antonio for their own picks back + one more.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,604

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:21 pm

Why is Utah here? Way too good of value.

No way Collins is worth a 43 million dollar TPE.

I don’t hate Atlanta taking a chance on Murray/Zach duo.. And don’t hate Chicago moving on from him deciding to either retool or rebuild..

Atlanta needs more value. A lot more.

One side of trade has Lavine worth a well protected first and a bad contract. Which values Trae as the fifth pick and that. Really short.

Utah likely gives Atlanta a handful of firsts to cut out SAS. Throw in Sexton/Caruso to keep some more of Lauri’s money.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,979

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:47 pm

No from Atlanta.
These picks back to Atlanta from SAS is a pipe dream. It's not a thing.
Let it go!
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,383

Post#5 » by pipfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:03 pm

OK, chic could send the Port 1st to ATL
Utah could send a first to ATL
MAYBE SA gives ATL back one of their 1sts

Would that balance it. Honestly, as far as on-the-court-value, I don't have Young as much higher than Lavine. I know their trade values are way different, but Young is overrated and Lavine is underrated (both flawed players).
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:27 pm

pipfan wrote:OK, chic could send the Port 1st to ATL
Utah could send a first to ATL
MAYBE SA gives ATL back one of their 1sts

Would that balance it. Honestly, as far as on-the-court-value, I don't have Young as much higher than Lavine. I know their trade values are way different, but Young is overrated and Lavine is underrated (both flawed players).

I don't think that comes close to balancing it. Utah sending the OKC first might balance their part, but the issue is the value difference between Young and LaVine, which is enormous. I think Bogdanovic + Hunter for LaVine would be a closer deal.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,436

Post#7 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:15 pm

No team in their right mind is trading for their picks back, way too much fantasy basketball ideology around these parts. They will part with DJM for better or worse.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#8 » by ChettheJet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:25 pm

I doubt Utah sends Collins out and takes back random 2nds. They may may regret trading for him and want to be done with his contract but I don't see Ainge just pushing him out the door. That said, looks like a big gif to the Bulls to move on from Lavine and his contract, get a starting PF and a pick. But once they do that they aren't resigning DeRozan after the VP just said they don't want to bring back the same group. And Lavine is only one change

What I don't see is SAS feeling that a small shoot first PG is the leader they want for a young roster to advance Wemby more quickly. If ATL is trading Trae and not Murray it should tell you who they think offers them a better future. And why ATL thinks taking on a Lavine contract that matches Trae's is hard to understand.

CP War Hawks wrote:No team in their right mind is trading for their picks back, way too much fantasy basketball ideology around these parts. They will part with DJM for better or worse.

That's a wrong blanket statement, The Bulls would certainly Love to get their 2025 pick back since they traded their 2021 and 2023 to get Nikola Vucevic, that 2025 protected pick to sign Demar DeRozan. In between they didn't exactly score big in the first in between with Dalen Terry. They lost a 2nd round pick to tampering charges but did come up strong in the 2nd round with Ayo Dosunmu and bought another 2nd to end up with a promising Julian Phillips.

So after three disappointing seasons with little youth on the bench to show for the moves and picks getting that lottery pick back would help to recover.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,436

Post#9 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:04 am

ChettheJet wrote:I doubt Utah sends Collins out and takes back random 2nds. They may may regret trading for him and want to be done with his contract but I don't see Ainge just pushing him out the door. That said, looks like a big gif to the Bulls to move on from Lavine and his contract, get a starting PF and a pick. But once they do that they aren't resigning DeRozan after the VP just said they don't want to bring back the same group. And Lavine is only one change

What I don't see is SAS feeling that a small shoot first PG is the leader they want for a young roster to advance Wemby more quickly. If ATL is trading Trae and not Murray it should tell you who they think offers them a better future. And why ATL thinks taking on a Lavine contract that matches Trae's is hard to understand.

CP War Hawks wrote:No team in their right mind is trading for their picks back, way too much fantasy basketball ideology around these parts. They will part with DJM for better or worse.

That's a wrong blanket statement, The Bulls would certainly Love to get their 2025 pick back since they traded their 2021 and 2023 to get Nikola Vucevic, that 2025 protected pick to sign Demar DeRozan. In between they didn't exactly score big in the first in between with Dalen Terry. They lost a 2nd round pick to tampering charges but did come up strong in the 2nd round with Ayo Dosunmu and bought another 2nd to end up with a promising Julian Phillips.

So after three disappointing seasons with little youth on the bench to show for the moves and picks getting that lottery pick back would help to recover.

No, you're mistaking an undo with a total redo. It's like trading whoever is the best player on the Bulls to get that value back from the Magic.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,479

Post#10 » by Chinook » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:02 am

This is the rare Young-to-SAS trade that doesn't have the Hawks getting their pick back. The fifth-overall pick is SAS' natural first this year, and after this trade the Spurs would still have all of ATL's picks as they do now. The Chicago part IS them getting their pick back, and I don't know if that would be good enough value for Lavine. I do feel like the Bulls are a better team for a pick-back scenario because CHI25 has pretty solid but not spectacular value to where it's almost fungible. I think the pick holds the same value to every team but that Chicago could "happen" to be the team it goes to.

As far as the trade goes, it's hard to hate the value, especially if the Toronto pick conveys. I'm not a big fan of the Spurs trading for Trae, so I wouldn't love this. But you could argue that this deal makes the ATL picks more valuable, which could help the Spurs make the follow-up trades they need to to try to make Young/Wembanyama work.

Return to Trades and Transactions