Looking for PG needy team Dejounte Murray

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,042

Looking for PG needy team Dejounte Murray 

Post#1 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:53 pm

Looking for a straight up trade of Murray for a SG with size. Might condider a 2 for 1 for a lesser SG and a C

What you got?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,655

Re: Looking for PG needy team Dejounte Murray 

Post#2 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Looking for a straight up trade of Murray for a SG with size. Might condider a 2 for 1 for a lesser SG and a C

What you got?

18 to Chicago
Murray to Orlando
Caruso, WCJ and 2 2025 1sts via Magic to Atlanta
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,760

Post#3 » by Skybox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm

ORL sends Wendell Carter and Jett Howard (or Anthony Black-who would be a long lockdown guy next to Trae-if not a big scoring threat) and a frp on top...Salaries don't have to match as ORL can absorb extra into space, so ATL also gains a little financial flexibility.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#4 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 pm

ORL seems like a team that would love to land Murray... WCJr and Black fits what I'm looking for but the ORL FRP figures to be around 25... Is that enough value for Hawks to agree?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,623

Post#5 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 pm

Cam Johnson+?

I floated the idea of something around Bridges for Trae the other day. Would that be of interest?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,825

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:ORL seems like a team that would love to land Murray... WCJr and Black fits what I'm looking for but the ORL FRP figures to be around 25... Is that enough value for Hawks to agree?

Skybox wrote:ORL sends Wendell Carter and Jett Howard (or Anthony Black-who would be a long lockdown guy next to Trae-if not a big scoring threat) and a frp on top...Salaries don't have to match as ORL can absorb extra into space, so ATL also gains a little financial flexibility.

Posted this in another thread, but what about this twist:

ATL gets: Wiggins, Black, 2024 ORL 1st, 2025 GSW 1st

ORL gets: Murray

GSW gets: WCJ

(Wiggins could be swapped with Looney+GP2 if Atlanta wants expirings more than a productive player)
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#7 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Cam Johnson+?

I floated the idea of something around Bridges for Trae the other day. Would that be of interest?

What do you add to either of them to get Trae? Trae is younger and much better than either
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#8 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:51 pm

gswhoops wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:ORL seems like a team that would love to land Murray... WCJr and Black fits what I'm looking for but the ORL FRP figures to be around 25... Is that enough value for Hawks to agree?

Skybox wrote:ORL sends Wendell Carter and Jett Howard (or Anthony Black-who would be a long lockdown guy next to Trae-if not a big scoring threat) and a frp on top...Salaries don't have to match as ORL can absorb extra into space, so ATL also gains a little financial flexibility.

ATL gets: Wiggins*, Black, 2024 ORL 1st, 2025 GSW 1st

(Wiggins could be swapped with Looney+GP2 if Atlanta wants expirings more than a productive player)

I don't have Wiggins as a want. Black might develop but as of now he is not highly regarded. ORL 2024 FRP is #18 and GSW likely turns into a late lottery pick. Looney and GP2 are not very interesting trade pieces

I think that ATL wants a much better player and/or a higher pick coming back in a Murray deal
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 344

Post#9 » by Euphonetiks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 pm

Been mentioned here a ton, but an Ingram-Murray swap probably improves fit with the Pels-Hawks respective stars.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:35 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

I don't have Wiggins as a want. Black might develop but as of now he is not highly regarded. ORL 2024 FRP is #18 and GSW likely turns into a late lottery pick. Looney and GP2 are not very interesting trade pieces

I think that ATL wants a much better player and/or a higher pick coming back in a Murray deal

Black was always going to be a developmental player, but he was drafted right where he was mocked due to his potential.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#11 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 pm

tiderulz wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Black was always going to be a developmental player, but he was drafted right where he was mocked due to his potential.

I agree with that. Black, #18 and maybe GSW 2025 FRP are nice...Wiggins isn't
Skybox
RealGM

Post#12 » by Skybox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Agree...Wiggins is pretty much a deep negative, not sure how this valuation works for ATL.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,825

Post#13 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm

Skybox wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Agree...Wiggins is pretty much a deep negative, not sure how this valuation works for ATL.

If they don't want Wiggins, Looney/GP2 works as well. Both solid vets on expiring contracts.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#14 » by Skybox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Skybox wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

If they don't want Wiggins, Looney/GP2 works as well. Both solid vets on expiring contracts.

That'll get them excited in ATL
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,667

Post#15 » by orlando_joe » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 pm

i just do not see murray in orlando ...not a magic kind of player .. attitude and mature level does not fit..even if on floor fits
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#16 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 pm

Alex Caruso and Coby White for Murray

Bulls get a point guard in Murray who's friends with LaVine. Pair fits well together on the court, and have a solid relationship off the court.

Hawks get 2 guards to bolster their guard rotation with Trae. The Defenseive 1st team +40% 3-point shooting Caruso, and the runner-up MIP Coby White who Atlanta just got a front row seat to seeing his potential on display.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#17 » by Xman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 pm

Lots of options - can add picks or other pieces as needed to below.
SA - too many options to list.
HOU - Like a deal where HOU adds value (picks or Amen) to go from Vleet to Trae.

ATL gets - Ingram
NO gets Murray, Hunter (or Trae instead)

or

ATL gets - Mitchell
CLE gets - Ingram, Hunter
NO gets - Murray, LeVert

or

ATL gets Mitchell, LeVert, Nance
NO gets Trae
CLE gets Ingram, Hunter

or

ATL gets Mitchell
NO gets Allen, Murray
CLE gets Ingram, Bogdanovic
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,544

Post#18 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:22 pm

drosestruts wrote:Alex Caruso and Coby White for Murray

Bulls get a point guard in Murray who's friends with LaVine. Pair fits well together on the court, and have a solid relationship off the court.

Hawks get 2 guards to bolster their guard rotation with Trae. The Defenseive 1st team +40% 3-point shooting Caruso, and the runner-up MIP Coby White who Atlanta just got a front row seat to seeing his potential on display.

I like this one. And aren’t LaVine and Murray buddies?
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#19 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Alex Caruso and Coby White for Murray

I like this one. And aren’t LaVine and Murray buddies?

They are indeed. Both Seattle guys.

They fit nicely together on the court and have a solid off-court relationship.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#20 » by Astaluego » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:Been mentioned here a ton, but an Ingram-Murray swap probably improves fit with the Pels-Hawks respective stars.

I like that trade for both of them...he asked me about a follow-up trade with the Grizzlies for Capela+Kings FRP for Smart... then the Hawks take Clingan or (Edey) in the Draft...
Old Mike Lorenzo

Return to Trades and Transactions