Draft Night Deal: Morant to Orlando

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 239

Re: Draft Night Deal: Morant to Orlando 

Post#21 » by JT3000 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

Wolveswin wrote:I think a better and more realistic (RGM realistic) offer is…

To Grizzlies: Banchero + Black + Jett + 5 1sts

To Magic: Morant + JJJ + Aldama

Yes, it’s a re-set for Memphis. But maybe with everything Morant equals - this is just too tempting. Bane could get a nice haul too. It could be a quick rebuild around Banchero, #7, Bane (or his prime assets), Black, and ton of 1sts.

Magic go ALL-IN. Like full chips in the middle.

WCJ or JJJ
JJJ or Isaac
Wagner
Suggs
Morant

That is a legit “big 4.”

Nothing even remotely "realistic" about trading Banchero, especially for a malcontent like Morant. :lol:
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,531

Post#22 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 am

JT3000 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I think a better and more realistic (RGM realistic) offer is…

To Grizzlies: Banchero + Black + Jett + 5 1sts

To Magic: Morant + JJJ + Aldama

Yes, it’s a re-set for Memphis. But maybe with everything Morant equals - this is just too tempting. Bane could get a nice haul too. It could be a quick rebuild around Banchero, #7, Bane (or his prime assets), Black, and ton of 1sts.

Magic go ALL-IN. Like full chips in the middle.

WCJ or JJJ
JJJ or Isaac
Wagner
Suggs
Morant

That is a legit “big 4.”

Nothing even remotely "realistic" about trading Banchero, especially for a malcontent like Morant. :lol:

We must be close. Both sides upset.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,568

Post#23 » by BarbaGrizz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

Both trades in this thread are insulting
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,531

Post#24 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Both trades in this thread are insulting

OP I would agree.

Banchero > Morant in trade value. Rookie contract, young rising star, Grizzlies would be all over a direct trade for Banchero.

JJJ is too much plus added by Griz. But if Magic are going all-in trading their young rising star for trouble proven star PG Morant, JJJ is needed too. Black + Jett + 5x 1sts more than closes that value gap.

If your insult is Griz wouldn’t think about starting a rebuild (even around a rising star like Banchero) that is fair opinion. Insulting seems sensational. But how things are handled around here.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,878

Post#25 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:Both trades in this thread are insulting

OP I would agree.

Banchero > Morant in trade value. Rookie contract, young rising star, Grizzlies would be all over a direct trade for Banchero.

JJJ is too much plus added by Griz. But if Magic are going all-in trading their young rising star for trouble proven star PG Morant, JJJ is needed too. Black + Jett + 5x 1sts more than closes that value gap.

If your insult is Griz wouldn’t think about starting a rebuild (even around a rising star like Banchero) that is fair opinion. Insulting seems sensational. But how things are handled around here.

I honestly don't think we would at all. Banchero really is not that guy yet, maybe he gets there but as of right now it is still more promise than a star producing real winning impact on the court. That is not to say that league wide Banchero doesn't has move trade value, but for Memphis I don't think we make that swap. I don't think these offers are insults, just offers that we would never entertain irl.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 928

Post#26 » by docholliday99 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

I have a hard time envisioning the Magic trading Banchero. I think the easiest solution if the Grizz want to move on from the drama surrounding Ja, is possibly trading him for another star player that needs a change of scenery, that's similar in style and has comparable value, Trae; Ja may also work better with Murray . Atlanta would also put him very close to home, which may do him good.

Just messing around, could get a little creative with a 3 team, draft day trade with the Lakers (as it looks they'll keep this years pick);
Lakers trade Rui, #17frp for Smart
Grizz trade Ja, Smart for Trae, OO
Atlanta trades Trae, OO for Ja, Rui, pick at #17

Lakers fix their biggest need, POA defense and can start Smart, Reeves, Lebron, Davis for one last kick of the can.
Atlanta reshuffles their experiment with DM and starts Ja, Murray, Jalen, Rui, Capela plus picks 10 and 17...possibly Sacs
Grizz resets without changing style, Trae, Banes, Williams, JJJ, OO plus still has their top 10 FRP to add someone, maybe a center like Clingan?
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 197

Post#27 » by QMemphis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 pm

Grizz are a center from contending with multiple avenues to get one. Stop the foolishness of these trade proposals without actually giving a real reason for the Grizz to do it.
meatwad4343
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#28 » by meatwad4343 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 am

I don't see why Memphis trades him but considering everything he has going on I'd do some combo of Suggs and black and Wendell and picks for ja
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,084

Post#29 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:58 am

QMemphis wrote:Grizz are a center from contending with multiple avenues to get one. Stop the foolishness of these trade proposals without actually giving a real reason for the Grizz to do it.

I agree the Grizzlies have no reason to trade Morant. They just need a center and should be able to get one. Looking forward to see what they do to address that issue. JJJr being able to block shots and shoot a little bit makes it easy to find a fit next to him. They should definitely use some of their assets to trade for a good center, but if that fails, I think even Goga can make a deference on that team and the Grizzlies will be able to sign him with some of the MLE.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 626

Post#30 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 am

meatwad4343 wrote:I don't see why Memphis trades him but considering everything he has going on I'd do some combo of Suggs and black and Wendell and picks for ja

I wouldn't.

Suggs age equivalent (22) EPM is basically the same as Ja and Suggs' EPM is rising like a rocket.

Forgetting that Ja would rather play with guns than nurture a lucrative career, I would not trade Suggs straight up for Ja.

And that is based on just the basketball court.

Taking into account the off-court stuff, it is not even close.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 197

Post#31 » by QMemphis » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 am

AaronB wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:I don't see why Memphis trades him but considering everything he has going on I'd do some combo of Suggs and black and Wendell and picks for ja

I wouldn't.

Suggs age equivalent (22) EPM is basically the same as Ja and Suggs' EPM is rising like a rocket.

Forgetting that Ja would rather play with guns than nurture a lucrative career, I would not trade Suggs straight up for Ja.

Lol you serious huh. Doesn’t matter how we got to the same premise, we agree no deal.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,577

Post#32 » by Devilanche » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 am

Memphis have no reason to tear it down.
- they went through this season with all issues
- found some youth that should be contributors next season too. There’s at least 2 that should be good bench pieces or even good starters.
- their trio is still relatively young.
- no salary cap issue.

If they do trade Ja, it’s for another star not to blow it all up.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 pm

QMemphis wrote:
AaronB wrote:

I wouldn't.

Lol you serious huh. Doesn’t matter how we got to the same premise, we agree no deal.

That is usually how the best decisions are made.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,568

Post#34 » by BarbaGrizz » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm

AaronB wrote:

I wouldn't.

This is sig worth :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,019

Post#35 » by shrink » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm

It has felt strange to see several ORL fans focus on the future risks of Ja Morant, and ignore them in the other thread when they talk about the valuation of Jonathan Isaac.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,665

Post#36 » by orlando_joe » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 pm

shrink wrote:It has felt strange to see several ORL fans focus on the future risks of Ja Morant, and ignore them in the other thread when they talk about the valuation of Jonathan Isaac.

who ignored it? never saw that at all? just saw not worth trading for low value..more value to magic?
if ignore risks isaac would have very big value...lol
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,493

Post#37 » by JRoy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 pm

AaronB wrote:

I wouldn't.

That is one take.

A high level role player over a potential top 3 guard.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 pm

JRoy wrote:
AaronB wrote:

I wouldn't.

That is one take.

Morant will never be a top 3 guard if he can't shoot 3's.

The guy has shot 30% in 3s over the last 2 years.

I think that the Magic are much better off having Suggs defense and 40% 3 point shooting.

The Magic have enough guys who can't shoot the 3.

Morant has been on a downward slope in 3 point shooting over the last 3 years. It is actually getting worse.

That shoulder surgery probably won't help.

CLearly Ja is a much better offensive player. Suggs is a much better defensive player. Depends on what you want or need.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,493

Post#39 » by JRoy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:12 pm

AaronB wrote:
JRoy wrote:
AaronB wrote:
I wouldn't.

That is one take.

I think that the Magic are much better off having Suggs defense and 40% 3 point shooting.

Morant has been on a downward slope in 3 point shooting over the last 3 years. It is actually getting worse.

CLearly Ja is a much better offensive player. Suggs is a much better defensive player. Depends on what you want or need.

Morant is an all star level player.

Suggs is a high end role player.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 pm

JRoy wrote:
AaronB wrote:
JRoy wrote:

That is one take.

Morant is an all star level player.

Suggs is a high end role player.

An all star who shoots 30% from 3. Ultimately, the Magic are just a bad match for Morant's talent.

It happens. Barnes was an All star this year also. WOuldn't trade Suggs for him either.

I am not even talking about which one is better.

The player has to be a match otherwise all that happens is the team gets worse.

True for both Barnes and Morant.

Return to Trades and Transactions