KD to OKC

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,625

Re: KD to OKC 

Post#21 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 am

jayjaysee wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:[
LMAO @ the OKC Fan thinking they can low ball a KD offer on the premise that they also have a shot at Lebron/Kawhi. LeBron and Kawhi would probably retire rather than spend their last years in Oklahoma City. They don’t have anything left to prove.

If LBJ made a list, I think OKC would be in the top 2-3 realistic destinations. And if he opts out of his player option, they’d be second only to staying in LAL.

Giving him 2yr100 mil changes nothing for their asset base/financials and he gets to be on the best team in the league to end his career..

I love what OKC has done but they’re still in Oklahoma.

Lebron isn’t going to Oklahoma.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,276

Post#22 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am

jayjaysee wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
If LBJ made a list, I think OKC would be in the top 2-3 realistic destinations. And if he opts out of his player option, they’d be second only to staying in LAL.

Giving him 2yr100 mil changes nothing for their asset base/financials and he gets to be on the best team in the league to end his career..

:lol:

You’re joking right?

They can offer him the full max, he isn’t leaving the Lakers to go to Oklahoma for like 10-15M extra. You’re either trolling or an OKC homer.

Na, neither of those things. OKC presents him with the best chance of making money and winning a title. So I’d put them with Philly and LAL as favorites to sign him. And “realistic trade destination” takes off a lot of teams that can’t match his salary/aggregate.

I don’t think LBJ is leaving LAL. At all. Just that there’s no reason OKC isn’t on a short list.

I can think of 68,577.8 square miles of reasons (that's how big OK).

There is no place in this universe of any theoretical multi-verse where LBG or Kawhi would choose OKC over any number of teams. I can legit name 16 teams right now that would be higher on their lists I imagine. Literally.

As for Durant, I think he'd go back...and the only reason he would is because he started there and it would mean something to his legacy. As for Bron and Klaw...... :lol:

They will stop by the state when they play there..as a road team. That is it.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,594

Post#23 » by Devilanche » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 am

Slim Charless wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
:lol:

You’re joking right?

They can offer him the full max, he isn’t leaving the Lakers to go to Oklahoma for like 10-15M extra. You’re either trolling or an OKC homer.

Na, neither of those things. OKC presents him with the best chance of making money and winning a title. So I’d put them with Philly and LAL as favorites to sign him. And “realistic trade destination” takes off a lot of teams that can’t match his salary/aggregate.

I don’t think LBJ is leaving LAL. At all. Just that there’s no reason OKC isn’t on a short list.

There is no place in this universe of any theoretical multi-verse where LBG or Kawhi would choose OKC over any number of teams. I can legit name 16 teams right now that would be higher on their lists I imagine. Literally.

As for Durant, I think he'd go back...and the only reason he would is because he started there and it would mean something to his legacy. As for Bron and Klaw...... :lol:

If they want a shot at winning there is no 16 teams that’s better than OKC .

4-8 teams I give that to you .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,396

Post#24 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
LMAO @ the OKC Fan thinking they can low ball a KD offer on the premise that they also have a shot at Lebron/Kawhi. LeBron and Kawhi would probably retire rather than spend their last years in Oklahoma City. They don’t have anything left to prove.

It makes sense basketball-wise, but there is no way that Lebron is choosing to play in Oklahoma rather than in LA, Cleveland, or Miami.

Even Chandler Bing changed his mind about working in Oklahoma. :lol: :lol:
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,276

Post#25 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm

Devilanche wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

If they want a shot at winning there is no 16 teams that’s better than OKC .

4-8 teams I give that to you .

16....and I was being polite. Number might be bigger. Again, they both have titles and pick teams based off of other things besides that. Multiple factors go into that decision and in those factors, you'll come up low on the list.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,304

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 pm

So basically OKC does what Phx did that wrecked their future by trading key assets for an aging player, except now he's older. No thanks.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 516

Post#27 » by letsgobulls23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Not even if they draft Bronny? OKC (with Bronny) would give him a chance to play with his son, compete for a title and not take a py cut..
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,383

Post#28 » by pipfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:So basically OKC does what Phx did that wrecked their future by trading key assets for an aging player, except now he's older. No thanks.

Not the same case at all. KD adds to OKC, without really hurting their current lineup at all. He becomes the #2 option next to SGA and helps Chet down low. It's a HUGE upgrade over Giddy/Dieng, and they lose some picks (still have plenty).

This helps OKC a ton now. Don't extend him, and let him play 2 years-until JWill/Chet are up for their extensions. Windows close fast in the NBA
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,625

Post#29 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 1, 2024 1:20 am

letsgobulls23 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Not even if they draft Bronny? OKC (with Bronny) would give him a chance to play with his son, compete for a title and not take a py cut..

That would certainly change things.

Bronny is the biggest wildcard of the off season.
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#30 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Wed May 1, 2024 2:36 am

I struggle with Phoenix wanting all these draft picks. How does that help them win now? Are they admitting failure? Are they telling Booker “we are no longer going all in - we’re going with a more traditional build now.” How will Booker like that?

Plus Beal’s no trade clause really keeps them on this path…..
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Post#31 » by bbms » Wed May 1, 2024 1:46 pm

Biased_Fan6425 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

It makes sense basketball-wise, but there is no way that Lebron is choosing to play in Oklahoma rather than in LA, Cleveland, or Miami.

Even Chandler Bing changed his mind about working in Oklahoma. :lol: :lol:

he doesn't need to live in okc to play for the thunder.

one thing i know for sure is that the lakers can't keep riding on lebron james for any longer. dude is 40 years old, it's sad to see him as the main workhorse. playing him 40mpg to a first round exit or worse is just sad.

he probably knows that.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#32 » by pipfan » Wed May 1, 2024 1:59 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:I struggle with Phoenix wanting all these draft picks. How does that help them win now? Are they admitting failure? Are they telling Booker “we are no longer going all in - we’re going with a more traditional build now.” How will Booker like that?

In this idea, they trade Booker too and start over
DrModesty
Junior
And1: 515

Post#33 » by DrModesty » Thu May 2, 2024 1:56 am

OKC should not trade for any high usage players, especially not ones in their mid 30s. J-Dub and Chet already have to sacrifice because SGA is there. If they believe in their core 3 guys for the long term then you don't sabotage their development pathway for 1-2 good swings at the title with a declining, often injured KD.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,114

Post#34 » by shrink » Thu May 2, 2024 5:07 am

pipfan wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:I struggle with Phoenix wanting all these draft picks. How does that help them win now? Are they admitting failure? Are they telling Booker “we are no longer going all in - we’re going with a more traditional build now.” How will Booker like that?

In this idea, they trade Booker too and start over

I understand this approach, and maybe it’s for the best.

On the other hand, Booker has been loyal to Phoenix, and I agree, leaving him with Beal and future picks is likely to have him want a trade anyway. But finding stars is hard if you aren’t a top free agent destination, or don’t already have an existing star (which is why KD came in the first place). If OKC wants Durant, it might be better to add a third team. But what teams are looking to trade a star for that OKC rebuild package?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,950

Post#35 » by Snakebites » Thu May 2, 2024 5:31 am

I don’t see why the Thunder need to do it.

They should be looking to use their assets but I don’t really think there’s a need to go all in on an older guy who might not gel with the group they’ve got. They can afford to use their assets to get the “right” supporting pieces.

SGA/Williams/Chet already feels like a core.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,950

Post#36 » by Snakebites » Thu May 2, 2024 5:34 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:I will take

KD for Jalen Williams, Giddy, and #12

And I’d take Booker for Ivey and our pick, but the Suns would laugh the Pistons right off the phone if they pitched that.

Sometimes we can’t get what we want. And sometimes there isn’t a reasonable move that puts you in the position you’d like to be in. This has been the Pistons position for a while now, so I know how it feels.

Probably time to lower those expectations a tad if this is what you expect.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,103

Post#37 » by tmorgan » Thu May 2, 2024 7:30 am

I imagine the best actual players OKC would be willing to deal in a KD trade, if they want to go that route, are Dort, Giddey, and Wallace. Zero chance they move the top three guys. Close to zero chance they’re really interested in KD anyway.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#38 » by pipfan » Thu May 2, 2024 10:52 am

I just think the timing is right (again, assuming OKC doesn't make the Finals). You have KD for 2 years, and he's still a VERY good player but not the superstar he once was. He helps a ton with scoring and his D is solid, plus you can play him fewer minutes.

For OKC, you're basically trading Giddy for KD, from this year's rotation (Dieng doesn't play). Yes, they are giving up cap space and picks, but KD is a top 15 player at the minimum, and his shooting will continue to age well. I think you swap KD for Giddy and OKC are the heavy favorites next year
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#39 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Thu May 2, 2024 1:28 pm

pipfan wrote:I just think the timing is right (again, assuming OKC doesn't make the Finals). You have KD for 2 years, and he's still a VERY good player but not the superstar he once was. He helps a ton with scoring and his D is solid, plus you can play him fewer minutes.

For OKC, you're basically trading Giddy for KD, from this year's rotation (Dieng doesn't play). Yes, they are giving up cap space and picks, but KD is a top 15 player at the minimum, and his shooting will continue to age well. I think you swap KD for Giddy and OKC are the heavy favorites next year

This thread reconfirms how screwed the Suns are.

One comment: to keep Booker happy, Phoenix would need players in a KD or Beal trade, not picks. 2024 picks yes, but future picks no. That ship has sailed.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,877

Post#40 » by JJ_PR » Thu May 2, 2024 1:37 pm

Why is everyone trying to shove KD up OKC's behind? Does OKC even want him?

Return to Trades and Transactions