Suns/Nets/Knicks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Suns/Nets/Knicks 

Post#1 » by facothomas22 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

Devin Booker for Ben Simmons + Cam Thomas + the return of all of the Suns picks + the Mavericks 2029 1st round pick

Kevin Durant for Julius Randle +Bojan Bogdanovic + the Mavericks 1st round pick(will be the 24th pick) + the Bucks 2025 1st round pick(top 1-4 protected) + the Knicks 2026/2028/2030 pick + Knicks 2029 pick swap, the Pistons 1st round pick(very heavily protected).

Why the Suns do this: To rebuild with all of their draft picks + additional picks that they got in both the KD and Booker trades after a disappoint playoffs and the limited ability to improve the roster due to lack of draft capital they do have as of now.

Why the Nets do this: This trade should very much make them a playoff team. They get to keep Mikal Bridges and still have some ability to improve their roster or maybe another star by using Noah Clowney + their own remaining picks .

Why the Knicks do this: They would be one of the best teams in the NBA should make this trade and would give Jalen Brunson a 2nd true star. The Kevin Durant/Jalen Brunson duo would along the best on offense in the NBA. They would also keep all of their defensive personal as well, so they won't anything on that side of the ball.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,558

Re: Suns/Nets/Knicks 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 pm

Realgm loves trading for picks back, but Brooklyn needs to pay each of Memphis/Washington/Orlando for the 2026 swap back, and the 2028 swap..the 2030 swap I guess is far enough away that the rebuild should be over…

if not phoenix might as well only get the 2025 first back and try and get as many other team picks as possible..
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#3 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

Booker trade is crap
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,315

Post#4 » by sip » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

This is a complete overpay for the knicks. Durant at 36 years old doesn't have this type of value. The knicks need to be targeting a player firmly in his prime.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,624

Post#5 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

I'm conflicted on what I expect of the Knicks offseason and what I think we should do.

Our cap sheet and the realities of being a 2nd apron team, point to this summer being the best time for us to make that next big move that the Bolsheviks told us about...since Brunson & Randle will both almost certainly opt out next summer and sign new contracts that pushed us over the 2nd apron; even if re-signing OG, IH, & Achiuwa this summer, doesn't.

But looking at who seems like they could be available (ATM), what it would cost to get any of them, and how good this team has looked even without one of its two offensive pillars...nevermind how good it looked when healthy...going after smaller upgrades makes a lot of sense if the right big move isn't out there.

Like it's hard for me not to wonder what this team would look like if we had been able to snag Caruso & Kuzma instead of Burks & Bojan...and this was supposed to be the year we found out if Randle's playoff struggles were more a function of Elfrid Payton & his ankle needing surgery, or if the lights just get too bright & JuJu is DeRozan 2.0
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to Trades and Transactions