Kawhi trade market

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 817

Kawhi trade market 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

It's pretty much over for this core and for Kawhi's body. Paul George might leave this offseason and so might Harden. Regardless if they stay or not, the Clippers have no way to improve the roster and all of George, Kawhi, and Harden will likely be worse next season. The Clippers owe their next four firsts so they have no real hope, but they should probably explore the Kawhi trade market just because it's so over.

Kawhi makes slightly less than the max over the next three years. Is there a contender or desperate team out there that would give up much to roll the dice on Kawhi? Would the Lakers do:

D'lo
Gabe Vincent
Rui
2028, 2029 firsts

for Kawhi?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,295

Re: Kawhi trade market 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm

They are down 2-1. Luka is hurt and who knows if or how he will play moving forward. Not sure its panic blow up the Clippers time. Pretty sure they have the most consecutive winning seasons going in the Association right now. Ballmer is willing to spend crazy money.

We don't have to kneejerk everything.

But to play along, the answer is OKC. They wouldn't have to give up much from the current roster, they don't need him to carry a load in the regular season and he gives them another closer.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 817

Post#3 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:They are down 2-1. Luka is hurt and who knows if or how he will play moving forward. Not sure its panic blow up the Clippers time. Pretty sure they have the most consecutive winning seasons going in the Association right now. Ballmer is willing to spend crazy money.

We don't have to kneejerk everything.

But to play along, the answer is OKC. They wouldn't have to give up much from the current roster, they don't need him to carry a load in the regular season and he gives them another closer.

I feel like it's not kneejerking to point out

-Kawhi has dealt with serious knee injuries in the last four years during the postseason (missing the postseason once due to knee surgery)

-Paul George and Harden are free agents and are very old
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,295

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm

The timing of the thread suggests a kneejerk. You aren't wrong about the concerns, but you also know why you made the thread when you did. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,558

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm

I still am not as confident in Dallas winning this series as you are. PJ isn’t known for his consistency, Luka playing defense like this.. Luka hurt.. Zu decide to step on our bigs again? And that’s ingoring Leonard’s ability to be the best player in the NBA and PG’s ability to one up his matchup… it is a fun series to watch and not one that has a clear winner..

And if Paul George leaves, I think Ballmer will pay a few seconds to get a big TPE and bring in some minute eaters and get Harden/Leonard to the playoffs. If both leave, then I think you look at tryinf to bring Demar in and still keeping Leonard..
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#6 » by Dn4sty » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 pm

If this scenario were ever really possible, I think that OKC get enough cap space (by moving pretty easily tradeable players + the cap space they will have) to sign PG13. They then sit back and watch the Clippers fall apart because of the picks the Clippers still owe OKC.

25 unprotected swap
26 unprotected
27 unprotected swap

Return to Trades and Transactions