Wiggins offers?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,624

Wiggins offers? 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 pm

I expect to be wrong. And in this case GS keeps Wiggins and hopes he bounces back. But, I see a lot of reasons for GS to just move on. Get cheaper or younger or just a new look. And I could see a few teams out there just in need of a gamble.

Maybe he adds something to Sac and there is a Barnes for Wiggins based deal?
Maybe he adds somethinhg missing to Cleveland and there is a LeVert based deal?
Maybe something exotic and three teamer involving all of Portland's pieces as well?
John Collins hasn't been traded in a bit now.

Personally I have a Moody with Wiggins package making sense {somewhere} and making sense for GS depending upon the offer, butas I started with, I'm probably just wrong right?

So, any Wiggins offers? Wiggins and Moody offers?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,559

Re: Wiggins offers? 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 pm

THJ, Golden States choice of Maxi and Green, and the Toronto 2nd as starting bid?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,882

Post#3 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

I find when contemplating on realistic Wiggins moves, I almost always come to the conclusion that holding Wiggins and hoping for a bounce back is GS best course of action if they want to continue to push to win. Unless GS are doing a total tear down and want to clean up their books then I think there are mostly expiring deals out there like the THJ/Maxi deal that has been thrown around. Heck I would do Kennard/Zaire/Konchar/2nds from Memphis right now even though I don't think we really need Wiggins anymore if GS wants to just clear the contract.

I rather keep Wiggins over Barnes or Collins.

LeVert is not a bad 6th man but is the typical LeVert year really going to propel GS forward? I think LeVert likely has more trade value league wide but does he really raise GS's ceiling?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,644

Post#4 » by NYG » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

Wiggins for THJ and Maxi
Moody and Looney for Isaiah Stewart
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 pm

So no bidding war. Have to add some more realgm to it

Caruso and Wiggins to Dallas
LaVine, Powell, Prosper, 2nds to Golden State
THJ, Maxi, Looney, etc expiring salary filler as needed from GSW, 2025 GSW first to Chicago
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,879

Post#6 » by giberish » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 pm

From a Warrior fan point of view, salary relief isn't a real concern. They're 99% likely to waive Paul. At that point, even resigning Klay (to a sane contract) leaves GS comfortably under the luxury tax. They'd also have plenty of room under the 2nd apron going forward (and I think they'd spend that much as long as they're vaguely competitive.

There are two main reasons to trade Wiggins. The first is as the salary ballast in a trade for a star. The second is to balance the roster better. Right now the team has 5 or 6 rotation options between SG and SF (depending on if Klay is resigned). They don't have a starting C (needs to be at least a semi-stretch big for fit), backup PG or backup PF. Trading Wiggins to fill other roster holes (even if those guys are also overpaid) makes sense.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,362

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 pm

jayjaysee wrote:So no bidding war. Have to add some more realgm to it

THJ, Maxi, Looney, etc expiring salary filler as needed from GSW, 2025 GSW first to Chicago

If wiggins = maxi and kleber and a 2nd then dallas owes more than prosper and 2nd(s) for caruso. Likely need their 2025 1st instead
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#8 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:So no bidding war. Have to add some more realgm to it

If wiggins = maxi and kleber and a 2nd then dallas owes more than prosper and 2nd(s) for caruso. Likely need their 2025 1st instead

Not sure I agree, but I’m okay with it either way… Would put Green in it then instead of Omax o guess?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#9 » by Coxy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 am

Would rather keep Wiggins than do any of the above mentioned. The Dallas offer of THJ and Kleber or something, isn't really appealing.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#10 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 am

giberish wrote:From a Warrior fan point of view, salary relief isn't a real concern. They're 99% likely to waive Paul. At that point, even resigning Klay (to a sane contract) leaves GS comfortably under the luxury tax. They'd also have plenty of room under the 2nd apron going forward (and I think they'd spend that much as long as they're vaguely competitive.

There are two main reasons to trade Wiggins. The first is as the salary ballast in a trade for a star. The second is to balance the roster better. Right now the team has 5 or 6 rotation options between SG and SF (depending on if Klay is resigned). They don't have a starting C (needs to be at least a semi-stretch big for fit), backup PG or backup PF. Trading Wiggins to fill other roster holes (even if those guys are also overpaid) makes sense.

I agree with this line of thinking. I also think GPayton’s $10M is such a bummer contract, and absolutely needs to be shaved off the roster.

A trade with Toronto makes a lot of sense to me.

Package Wiggins, GP3 and some incentive (Moody?) for Bruce Brown, Boucher and a TPE. Brown can play the 1-3, and Boucher can be a backup 4-5.

This would also give GSW the full MLE to work with.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 163

Post#11 » by louc1970 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am

I have Charlotte and Golden State .
Charlotte sends Bridges in a S&T at about $19m for 3 years and Bertans (dropped at his deadline)
Warriors send Wiggins and Moody.

Warriors get a player who shoot the ball in Bridges, drop Bertans which saves money.
Hornets get a defensive player -when engaged - to play alongside Miller.
giberish
RealGM

Post#12 » by giberish » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
giberish wrote:From a Warrior fan point of view, salary relief isn't a real concern. They're 99% likely to waive Paul. At that point, even resigning Klay (to a sane contract) leaves GS comfortably under the luxury tax. They'd also have plenty of room under the 2nd apron going forward (and I think they'd spend that much as long as they're vaguely competitive.

I agree with this line of thinking. I also think GPayton’s $10M is such a bummer contract, and absolutely needs to be shaved off the roster.

Package Wiggins, GP3 and some incentive (Moody?) for Bruce Brown, Boucher and a TPE. Brown can play the 1-3, and Boucher can be a backup 4-5.

How much do you think Klay is making next season? $40M??

Just letting Paul walk and signing Klay to a sane contract (perhaps $20M) and GS has the full MLE to work with. IMO a lot of posters are wildly overrating the Warriors want/need to reduce their payroll. There's no need to sacrifice talent for further salary relief. Payton's contract isn't a problem the team needs to get rid of either.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst

Post#13 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:22 am

giberish wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

Just letting Paul walk and signing Klay to a sane contract (perhaps $20M) and GS has the full MLE to work with. IMO a lot of posters are wildly overrating the Warriors want/need to reduce their payroll. There's no need to sacrifice talent for further salary relief. Payton's contract isn't a problem the team needs to get rid of either.

There aren’t enough minutes at SF-PF to justify paying Wiggins $26M.

Also, Payton is never healthy enough to justify $10M.

IMO a logical move would be to add to positions of need. Hence Bruce Brown and Boucher. Brown can play 30 Min, and Boucher can give you 20 mins.

They’re not sexy targets though. I just don’t don’t what GSW can get for Wiggins, and I firmly believe both him and Payton need to be replaced.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,803

Post#14 » by theBigLip » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 am

GSWs should probably (and will be forced to) hang onto Wiggins. He was a stud in the playoffs 2 years ago and hasn’t done much but sign a big extension. Is he even positive value anymore?
giberish
RealGM

Post#15 » by giberish » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
giberish wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

IMO a logical move would be to add to positions of need. Hence Bruce Brown and Boucher. Brown can play 30 Min, and Boucher can give you 20 mins.

They’re not sexy targets though. I just don’t don’t what GSW can get for Wiggins, and I firmly believe both him and Payton need to be replaced.

Brown really isn't a position of need. He's not a PG (unless Jokic is your center). He's a SG/SF. GS can just keep Payton and Moody for SG and SF minutes. Wiggins for Boucher is a mild position improvement but a pretty major quality downgrade. Keeping Wiggins as an overpaid and out of position PF option is probably better.

Your deal is mostly GS paying for completely unneeded salary relief.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst

Post#16 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:22 pm

giberish wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
giberish wrote:

Brown really isn't a position of need. He's not a PG (unless Jokic is your center). He's a SG/SF. GS can just keep Payton and Moody for SG and SF minutes. Wiggins for Boucher is a mild position improvement but a pretty major quality downgrade. Keeping Wiggins as an overpaid and out of position PF option is probably better.

Your deal is mostly GS paying for completely unneeded salary relief.

Your assessment of Brown is wrong.

He played PG in Detroit and also in Toronto, in addition to Denver.

With Podz, Steph, and Dray, GSW don’t really need a full time on the ball playmaker PG. It’s more important to get someone who is versatile in the backcourt and play defense.

Brown can play the 1-3 on both offense and defense, and does the hustle plays. He would be a pretty great floor partner for Steph and Klay.

Maybe you don’t agree on the value of the deal, that’s fine. I clearly think the best way for GSW to improve is by shipping out Wiggins and Payton.

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#17 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm

I'd offer John Collins. Both teams send out a guy that does not quite fit their team as constructed for a guy who fits better. Collins can be a stretch 5 and backup 4 on the team (especially if they bring back Saric).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#18 » by killmongrel » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:20 pm

psman2 wrote:I find when contemplating on realistic Wiggins moves, I almost always come to the conclusion that holding Wiggins and hoping for a bounce back is GS best course of action if they want to continue to push to win.

At least some people here get it.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,362

Post#19 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 pm

Vuc, Caruso for wiggins, Looney and a pick
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,115

Post#20 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:29 am

babyjax13 wrote:I'd offer John Collins. Both teams send out a guy that does not quite fit their team as constructed for a guy who fits better. Collins can be a stretch 5 and backup 4 on the team (especially if they bring back Saric).

Golden State probably shouldn't trade a talent like Wiggins who has been a Top 3 player on a Championship team less than 2 years ago for John Collins.

Seems like major incentive is needed for Golden State here.

I think people on this board are far too emotional and short-sighted when viewing players. Many GMs can look at Andrew Wiggins and say "We can make him right. He is going to be a Top 3-4 talent on our team and when he buys in he can win your team a series in the post-season."

Hell, I think Utah is a good fit for Wiggins. I doubt the Warriors have any interest in Collins though .
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Trades and Transactions