Wiggins offers?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,390

Re: Wiggins offers? 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 am

Colbinii wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I'd offer John Collins. Both teams send out a guy that does not quite fit their team as constructed for a guy who fits better. Collins can be a stretch 5 and backup 4 on the team (especially if they bring back Saric).

Golden State probably shouldn't trade a talent like Wiggins who has been a Top 3 player on a Championship team less than 2 years ago for John Collins.

Seems like major incentive is needed for Golden State here.

I think people on this board are far too emotional and short-sighted when viewing players. Many GMs can look at Andrew Wiggins and say "We can make him right. He is going to be a Top 3-4 talent on our team and when he buys in he can win your team a series in the post-season."

Hell, I think Utah is a good fit for Wiggins. I doubt the Warriors have any interest in Collins though .

Taking the risk of one more year of salary seems like an awful lot of incentive when Wiggins has 2 seasons of being a good player and just missed half a season and this year has had by far his worst year. Both are damaged goods, so I'd be happy to make the switch to see if someone in a different context works - but not for incentive.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#22 » by giberish » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:46 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I'd offer John Collins. Both teams send out a guy that does not quite fit their team as constructed for a guy who fits better. Collins can be a stretch 5 and backup 4 on the team (especially if they bring back Saric).

Golden State probably shouldn't trade a talent like Wiggins who has been a Top 3 player on a Championship team less than 2 years ago for John Collins.

I think people on this board are far too emotional and short-sighted when viewing players. Many GMs can look at Andrew Wiggins and say "We can make him right. He is going to be a Top 3-4 talent on our team and when he buys in he can win your team a series in the post-season."

Hell, I think Utah is a good fit for Wiggins. I doubt the Warriors have any interest in Collins though .

Taking the risk of one more year of salary seems like an awful lot of incentive when Wiggins has 2 seasons of being a good player and just missed half a season and this year has had by far his worst year. Both are damaged goods, so I'd be happy to make the switch to see if someone in a different context works - but not for incentive.

As a Warrior fan I'm not exactly thrilled by Collins (or Vuc), but they're not completely wrong. So if GS looks to rebalance their roster without sacrificing youth/picks they may have to see if a guy like one of them can work.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,844

Post#23 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:20 pm

giberish wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

As a Warrior fan I'm not exactly thrilled by Collins (or Vuc), but they're not completely wrong. So if GS looks to rebalance their roster without sacrificing youth/picks they may have to see if a guy like one of them can work.

Vuc interests me, he is kind of the center version of Wiggins in that you're betting you can bring back their former ability. Pass on Collins without incentive from Utah, which they shouldn't give.
NW
Starter
And1: 349

Post#24 » by NW » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

Problem with Wiggins for a stretch 5 like Vuc or Collins is, even in his worst year, Wigs is the Dubs best perimeter defender. Pretty much the only guy that can stay in front of his man besides when GP2 is healthy. Dealing him for a stretch big only makes a bad over helping defense, that gives up a ton of open threes on drive and kicks, worse. You fill a hole at 5 by creating a bigger and worse one elsewhere
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,844

Post#25 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 pm

NW wrote:Problem with Wiggins for a stretch 5 like Vuc or Collins is, even in his worst year, Wigs is the Dubs best perimeter defender. Pretty much the only guy that can stay in front of his man besides when GP2 is healthy. Dealing him for a stretch big only makes a bad over helping defense, that gives up a ton of open threes on drive and kicks, worse. You fill a hole at 5 by creating a bigger and worse one elsewhere

I think you're underselling Kuminga and Moody here. Neither is as good a defender as Wiggins right now, but you have to hope that they can grow into the role.
NW
Starter
And1: 349

Post#26 » by NW » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

gswhoops wrote:
NW wrote:Problem with Wiggins for a stretch 5 like Vuc or Collins is, even in his worst year, Wigs is the Dubs best perimeter defender. Pretty much the only guy that can stay in front of his man besides when GP2 is healthy. Dealing him for a stretch big only makes a bad over helping defense, that gives up a ton of open threes on drive and kicks, worse. You fill a hole at 5 by creating a bigger and worse one elsewhere

I think you're underselling Kuminga and Moody here. Neither is as good a defender as Wiggins right now, but you have to hope that they can grow into the role.

Moody is never going to be quick enough laterally, JK could be, but his defense has declined, not improved imo

Return to Trades and Transactions