Best Vet for Dejounte?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,655

Best Vet for Dejounte? 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 pm

I don't see Atlanta trading Murray for picks since Trae recently had an interview stating how important winning is to him, but I also don't see the Hawks bring both PG's back. So who is the best veteran the Hawks could get in a Murray deal?

Only 3 rules...

1. The player can't be a point guard
2. The player can't be a 2025 free agent
3. The player must be as good or better than Murray

...Anything else goes
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,379

Re: Best Vet for Dejounte? 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Old ideas: Brandon Ingram (but ... 2025 free agent), Karl Anthony-Towns, Zach LaVine, Tyler Herro
(last two are bad fits)

New ideas? Khris Middleton (probably too old, 2025 free agent), Kawhi Leonard (if George and Harden don't resign? probably too old)

IDK, cashing him in for a really good player will probably be very hard.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
NYG
RealGM

Post#3 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Old ideas: Brandon Ingram (but ... 2025 free agent), Karl Anthony-Towns, Zach LaVine, Tyler Herro
(last two are bad fits)

New ideas? Khris Middleton (probably too old, 2025 free agent), Kawhi Leonard (if George and Harden don't resign? probably too old)

I feel the same way. It leads me to believe the Hawks might be painted into a corner to rebuild.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,107

Post#4 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:51 pm

The problem is that most teams have a good PG and wont want to give up a good player for DJM. Only one i can think of is Ingram, and i think it would be a good trade for the Hawks to accept it.

Teams that could want to trade for Murray: Heat, Magic, Pelicans, and Jazz.

Pelicans can offer Ingram and some smaller asset like maybe a decent pick. Hawks should probably look to see if they can turn that pick into Caruso. I think if the Hawks can do that it would be a success.

Magic can offer multiple picks, but not a good player. Has to be a three team trade or Hawks make a separate trade using those picks.

Heat just traded for Rozier so idk. Maybe something around Herro/Rozier+ picks. Dont think either guy is a good fit with Trae.

Jazz shouldnt trade for Murray, and likely wont, but he would be a PG upgrade.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,417

Post#5 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Vassell for Murray
NYG
RealGM

Post#6 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Old ideas: Brandon Ingram (but ... 2025 free agent), Karl Anthony-Towns, Zach LaVine, Tyler Herro
(last two are bad fits)

What about if the Cavs rebuild around Garland and Mobley if Mitchell asks out?

Jarrett Allen to Atlanta
Dejounte to Team X
Team X Picks to Cleveland
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,379

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 pm

NYG wrote:
(last two are bad fits)

Jarrett Allen to Atlanta
Dejounte to Team X

Atlanta would have Allen, Capela, and Okongwu. Not sure they can really cash out the latter two for that much, though Allen is a better and more impactful player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,478

Post#8 » by Chinook » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:16 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Vassell for Murray

Please don't let this become a meme on this site. The Spurs would have no desire to trade their second-best player for a PG. They have too many assets and too long of a runway to consider this.
NYG
RealGM

Post#9 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
NYG wrote:
(last two are bad fits)

Jarrett Allen to Atlanta
Dejounte to Team X

Atlanta would have Allen, Capela, and Okongwu. Not sure they can really cash out the latter two for that much, though Allen is a better and more impactful player.

There would be a need for follow up moves but I like the value
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,602

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:52 pm

I think SAS should bottom out around Victor, which involves trading Vassell for a future picks..

But Murray+a lottery pick should do something for Atlanta. It’s not that bad a situation if they get semi creative.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,474

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 am

NYG wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
NYG wrote:

Jarrett Allen to Atlanta
Dejounte to Team X

There would be a need for follow up moves but I like the value

I think the Cavs can get less of a mystery basket for Allen. I think there are teams who would give us, at least, a good young player for Allen. That said, there's really no reason to trade Allen. He's probably been the player across all 4 games for the Cavs and it's not like he's old.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,771

Post#12 » by MessiahUjiri » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:57 am

I’m gonna throw a wild one in here:

Zion Williamson.

for
Dejounte + Okongwu + maybe a late 1st.

This solves the NOP problem about not having a PG and a defensive mobile C, and staying below the tax line.

ATL is in win now mode, and a Trae+Zion+JJ is an ECF worthy trio if healthy. Atlanta buys relatively low on an All NBA guy due to health concerns.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:05 am

jayjaysee wrote:I think SAS should bottom out around Victor, which involves trading Vassell for a future picks..

But Murray+a lottery pick should do something for Atlanta. It’s not that bad a situation if they get semi creative.

I really don't think Murray and a lottery pick are out there for Vassell unless you're talking about this year's draft. Vassell's a solid two-way wing with decent size, but is he any better than PJ Washington?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,478

Post#14 » by Chinook » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 am

jbk1234 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:I think SAS should bottom out around Victor, which involves trading Vassell for a future picks..

I really don't think Murray and a lottery pick are out there for Vassell unless you're talking about this year's draft. Vassell's a solid two-way wing with decent size, but is he any better than PJ Washington?

I read those as two separate thoughts. Like Jay's repeating their stance on Vassell because I've spoken out against it a couple of times recently. Then as a separate thought, they think the Hawks should be able to get something good for DJM and their lotto pick.

Also, yes, I don't think Vassell and Washington are anything alike. Devin has defensive potential, but that's as a piece of a good system rather than one of the elements that creates that system. On the other hand, Vassell has legit star elements to his offensive game that I've never seen from Washington. I don't mean to say that Devin's a star or star-in-the-making, but he's more of an offensive piece that plays good D sometimes than a two-way wing.
wemby
Senior
And1: 327

Post#15 » by wemby » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:21 am

jbk1234 wrote:

That's crazy. Vassell is already better than PJ Washington and has a lot more upside. Once the Spurs put together a competent roster around Wemby and him (starting at PG and proper coaching) a lot of opinions on these boards will look real silly in hindsight.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:50 am

Chinook wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I read those as two separate thoughts. Like Jay's repeating their stance on Vassell because I've spoken out against it a couple of times recently. Then as a separate thought, they think the Hawks should be able to get something good for DJM and their lotto pick.

Also, yes, I don't think Vassell and Washington are anything alike. Devin has defensive potential, but that's as a piece of a good system rather than one of the elements that creates that system. On the other hand, Vassell has legit star elements to his offensive game that I've never seen from Washington. I don't mean to say that Devin's a star or star-in-the-making, but he's more of an offensive piece that plays good D sometimes than a two-way wing.

Vassell will also be paid twice as much.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,622

Post#17 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 am

Murray + #10 for Bridges?
NYG
RealGM

Post#18 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:12 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Murray + #10 for Bridges?

Yeah, but then what if Donovan Mitchell asks out? Can Mitchell/Murray work?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,622

Post#19 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 am

NYG wrote:

I think Mitchell+Murray would be an incredible pairing if Murray can return to his previous defensive form.
NYG
RealGM

Post#20 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:

I think Mitchell+Murray would be an incredible pairing if Murray can return to his previous defensive form.

Does Atlanta need to include 10 in a Murray for Bridges swap? What about something like AJ Griffin instead?

Return to Trades and Transactions