Best Vet for Dejounte?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,625

Re: Best Vet for Dejounte? 

Post#21 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:52 am

NYG wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:
Yeah, but then what if Donovan Mitchell asks out? Can Mitchell/Murray work?

I think Mitchell+Murray would be an incredible pairing if Murray can return to his previous defensive form.

Does Atlanta need to include 10 in a Murray for Bridges swap? What about something like AJ Griffin instead?

I’m not really sure what’s going on with Griffin but he seems to have had an awful year so I’d say no.

With so few impact players available this summer, I still think Brooklyn can get a haul for Bridges.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,480

Post#22 » by Chinook » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:55 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Chinook wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
I really don't think Murray and a lottery pick are out there for Vassell unless you're talking about this year's draft. Vassell's a solid two-way wing with decent size, but is he any better than PJ Washington?

I read those as two separate thoughts. Like Jay's repeating their stance on Vassell because I've spoken out against it a couple of times recently. Then as a separate thought, they think the Hawks should be able to get something good for DJM and their lotto pick.

Also, yes, I don't think Vassell and Washington are anything alike. Devin has defensive potential, but that's as a piece of a good system rather than one of the elements that creates that system. On the other hand, Vassell has legit star elements to his offensive game that I've never seen from Washington. I don't mean to say that Devin's a star or star-in-the-making, but he's more of an offensive piece that plays good D sometimes than a two-way wing.

Vassell will also be paid twice as much.

That's neither here nor there. I don't care about "value", especially because I am of the mind the Spurs won't and shouldn't trade Vassell. I was just saying that I don't see Washington and Vassell as comparable players. They do completely different things.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,085

Post#23 » by tidho » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

NYG wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Murray + #10 for Bridges?

Yeah, but then what if Donovan Mitchell asks out? Can Mitchell/Murray work?

#10 would be a handy piece to help you get him.

Return to Trades and Transactions