Instant Reaction: What Do The Suns Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,137

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Suns Do This Off-Season? 

Post#121 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:29 pm

A local writer here proposed the Jazz trade something like 5 firsts for Booker. Seemed steep to me, but maybe it seems too little to Pho fans.

I'm just not sure that the Jazz are ready for an all in move. But, maybe we truly are going big game hunting?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#122 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 2, 2024 6:38 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:A local writer here proposed the Jazz trade something like 5 firsts for Booker. Seemed steep to me, but maybe it seems too little to Pho fans.

I'm just not sure that the Jazz are ready for an all in move. But, maybe we truly are going big game hunting?

5 firsts is nowhere near close enough. The Suns would ask for Keyonte George, Walker Kessler, and six firsts at minimum.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#123 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:40 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:A local writer here proposed the Jazz trade something like 5 firsts for Booker. Seemed steep to me, but maybe it seems too little to Pho fans.

5 firsts is nowhere near close enough. The Suns would ask for Keyonte George, Walker Kessler, and six firsts at minimum.

You might be right. I think we might be able to include Kessler and George. But, if we do that the pick package would be much smaller IMHO.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#124 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 2, 2024 6:42 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

You might be right. I think we might be able to include Kessler and George. But, if we do that the pick package would be much smaller IMHO.

It would not be, I think the Suns value Booker at 8 firsts and Kessler and George are probably each worth a mid first.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,169

Post#125 » by Laimbeer » Thu May 2, 2024 6:46 pm

KD and Beal

for

Dame, Mids, Portis, Connaughton

Suns improve depth and get a point guard. Bucks get the best player in the deal plus Beal is three years younger than Dame. His contract should age better.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#126 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 2, 2024 6:48 pm

Laimbeer wrote:KD and Beal

for

Suns improve depth and get a point guard. Bucks get the best player in the deal plus Beal is three years younger than Dame. His contract should age better.

illegal per new cba. bucks will be in 2nd apron
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:53 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

It would not be, I think the Suns value Booker at 8 firsts and Kessler and George are probably each worth a mid first.

???
I don't understand your valuation of those two. If a team offered the 15th pick in any year I wanted I'd decline for either of those two. Both of those guys have played higher than their draft position and are worth more as sure things than the mystery of a draft pick.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,803

Post#128 » by jredsaz » Fri May 3, 2024 11:10 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:If you don't trade KD, you have to extend him, and if you extend him, there's just extreme downside risk that he'll have no trade value by next year.

You have to trade KD.

I agree with the premise. Think that’s much more likely to happen if they keep and extend KD than them figuring it out and winning a ring. To take it a step further, if they stick with and extend KD it is probably the last big piece they will be able to add next to Booker during his prime.

They aren’t trading KD tho unless he and Book want it to happen. As a suns fan I hope they can figure it out, somehow, but it’s highly unlikely.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,013

Post#129 » by Village Idiot » Sat May 4, 2024 7:06 am

Booker for Garland and Mobley seems like great trade for both teams. The Suns get a true PG and a really talented defensive big in Mobley. The Cavs gives Mitchell the clear lead guard role while getting a second star in Booker who will improve their spacing. Mobley and Allen are a bit redundant for them.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,543

Post#130 » by dms269 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:32 am

R-DAWG wrote: i would look to package the pick with Nurk for a rim runner. Would ATL take on an extra year of Nurks salary to turn Clint Capela into a pick?

Even though there would likely be tax implications, I think they would. It allows Atlanta to finally allow OO to start and get a guy who can be a solid backup for a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,338

Post#131 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:41 am

Any chance the Suns can get Dejounte Murray with Beal and their 2 FRPs?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,636

Post#132 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 9:52 am

zimpy27 wrote:Any chance the Suns can get Dejounte Murray with Beal and their 2 FRPs?

I tried playing with that as well as a nice fit for Phoenix..

Even if we value Beal as last year (clear small positive) that offer is still short compared to what Brooklyn/Utah/Orlando/LAL/etc would probably offer..

And do you want to pair Trae/Beal? Even if it nets some assets that seems like a really bad pairing. You end up including Bogdan just to make salaries work and make the fit make sense, which makes the value even worse..
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#133 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 1:49 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/c/sort/cap_total

Which centers this off-season fit all of the following criteria...

1. Make less than Jusuf Nurkic
2. Are better than Jusuf Nurkic
3. Could be had for 22nd Overall and/or 2031 Unprotected Phoenix Suns First Round Draft Pick
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#134 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 1:53 pm

NYG wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/c/sort/cap_total

3. Could be had for 22nd Overall and/or 2031 Unprotected Phoenix Suns First Round Draft Pick

Walker Kessler
Hypothetically healthy Robert Williams
Maaaaybe Day'Ron Sharpe if you project more improvement from him.
NYG
RealGM

Post#135 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 1:55 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
NYG wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/c/sort/cap_total

Walker Kessler

Little and '31 1st for Kessler allows a lot more flexibility with Nurkic's $18.1 Million salary and 22nd Overall in follow up move
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#136 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 1:59 pm

NYG wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

Walker Kessler

Little and '31 1st for Kessler allows a lot more flexibility with Nurkic's $18.1 Million salary and 22nd Overall in follow up move

Think the Jazz would ask for the four seconds as well with 31 for Kessler, but we'll see.
NYG
RealGM

Post#137 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:00 pm

'31 and Little for Kessler

Jusuf Nurkic for Cole Anthony (also sends a 2nd to Charlotte for Nick Richards)

Keep 22nd Overall for fresh legs off the bench?

Kessler/Richards/Durant/O'Neale/Booker/Allen/Beal/Anthony/22nd Overall
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#138 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 2:07 pm

To clarify my constant Walker Kessler trade ideas.

The Jazz should not trade Walker Kessler, however, the Jazz have an awful awful, extremely stupid head coach who dislikes centers who don't have these two traits

1. Can shoot threes
2. Can play a variety of defensive schemes

In theory, having a center like this is obviously great. In practice, the total list of centers who have had these two traits are:

1. Wemby
2. Chet
3. 2015-2016 Draymond Green

Hardy (the Jazz's coach) wants a center that is impossible to obtain and views traditional centers as a joke and it's very bad, but we're not going to fire him for some reason.

There is not a single center in the next three drafts that fits Hardy's ideal of a center and only two in the NBA and both are impossible to get. He's just not smart at all.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,983

Post#139 » by jayu70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:27 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Any chance the Suns can get Dejounte Murray with Beal and their 2 FRPs?

I tried playing with that as well as a nice fit for Phoenix..

Even if we value Beal as last year (clear small positive) that offer is still short compared to what Brooklyn/Utah/Orlando/LAL/etc would probably offer..

And do you want to pair Trae/Beal? Even if it nets some assets that seems like a really bad pairing. You end up including Bogdan just to make salaries work and make the fit make sense, which makes the value even worse..
Agreed.
I also don't see Beal waiving his NTC to come to the Hawks.
Doesn't alleviate the burden for the Hawks regarding the approaching Luxury Tax, makes it worse actually, (+$8 mil).
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#140 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:34 pm

Laimbeer wrote:KD and Beal

for

That one isn’t legal. Suns can’t aggregate.
Sign here

Return to Trades and Transactions