Instant Reaction: What Do The Suns Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,150

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Suns Do This Off-Season? 

Post#21 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:31 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I think you try and find that magic needle to thread where you can turn Beal and limited assets into bad contracts that fit better. But finding a team wanting to do that very thing that Beal will also agree to go to is likely impossible. But you have to try.

Other than that, send out KD to recruit old ring chasers and Booker to recruit guys with talent who have failed elsewhere who will play on one year min deals and hope you get a better mix this time.

Can't get better realistically trading KD so I strongly disagree they must do that.

I think there are 5 teams who make sense [to varying degrees] as Beal landing spots.

1) Los Angeles Lakers
2) Detroit Pistons
3) Chicago Bulls
4) Atlanta Hawks
5) Orlando Magic

RE Lakers: Beal would be in Hollywood, so waiving the NTC isn't a question. Dlo + Rui + Vincent [or Vando] gets to 46-47 Million. The Lakers have the defensive front-court with AD/LeBron to withstand Beal and his offense is more reliable than Dlo.

The question here is the $$$, and unfortunately is seems to fall short for the Lakers, who lose all meaningful depth.

RE Pistons: Beal probably doesn't waive his NTC here, but the Pistons could use a legitimate shot maker next to Cade in the back-court. The Ivey situation stays weird, but Stewart + Nothing gives the Phoenix Suns a massive TPE, so a 3-team deal needs to happen.

Probably too many loose ends here to identify the deal.

RE Bulls: If they love LaVine, roping Beal in a 3-team makes sense. Or, what about something like LaVine+Vuc+Carter for Beal+Nurk?
Bulls can roll out White/Caruso/Beal/DD/Nurk as a fun team vying for the play-in [again].

RE Hawks: If they move Trae, Beal is a nice back-court fit with Murray.

RE Magic: Beal gives them a legitimate 2nd option to Paolo. Their defense and size up and down the roster make Beal a good fit.

Is this the Gobert to Minnesota for the Orlando Magic?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,845

Post#22 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I think you try and find that magic needle to thread where you can turn Beal and limited assets into bad contracts that fit better. But finding a team wanting to do that very thing that Beal will also agree to go to is likely impossible. But you have to try.

Other than that, send out KD to recruit old ring chasers and Booker to recruit guys with talent who have failed elsewhere who will play on one year min deals and hope you get a better mix this time.

Can't get better realistically trading KD so I strongly disagree they must do that.

Agree this is a hard line to thread unless Beal is fairly broad with the list of teams he'd consider playing for. His contract is just so big that it's nearly impossible to make a legal deal without including key pieces. Lakers for the Dlo/Rui/Vincent pupu platter seems like the only semi-realistic option.

Would Beal consider Orlando? Beal and picks for Cole Anthony and Ingles with the rest being absorbed by cap space?
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 843

Post#23 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm

The only Beal trade that is possible is if the Lakers get so desperate that they decide to get Beal.

But this would be horrible for LA so I don't see it.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,786

Post#24 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Cry?

Honestly, I think the only thing they can realistically do is fire Vogel, hope the next coach can squeeze a little more blood out of the stone, and hope their three top guys can play more than 41 games together next season.

Trading away one of Booker or Durant doesn't seem like it would be beneficial. And I just can't imagine anyone is taking Beal.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#25 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm

Last night proved like everyone thought it would that the Beal trade was dumb and Booker isn’t a point guard. Booker & KD literally almost won their team the game. Neither are getting traded.

Fire the idiot Vogel

See if Atlanta will want the 2024 1st for the an extra year of Nurkic+ Roddy for Capela

Buy as many 2nds as they’re allowed to

Trade Grayson for someone over 6”4

Resign Royce, & Bol Bol,

Sign a point guard and move Beal to the bench. If some dumb team comes calling for him take whatever but he needs to be on the bench as long as Booker is the shooting guard which will be for the rest of the contract.

I would love to sign Fultz.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,589

Post#26 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 pm

Beat to Golden State for Draymond and Wiggins. What assets does phoenix need to add? Would either team do it?
Sign here
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,612

Post#27 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 pm

I'll start with the fact I don't think PHX is trading KD.

Barnes + Mitchell + huerter + 13 + 2027 1st + 28 swap + 29 1st + 30 swap

For

KD

Suns recoup 5 picks from sac. Reroute huerter for 3rd team for a pg.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,435

Post#28 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 pm

Would Spurs consider a Beal for Johnson/Graham swap?
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

Knightro wrote:Cry?

Honestly, I think the only thing they can realistically do is fire Vogel, hope the next coach can squeeze a little more blood out of the stone, and hope their three top guys can play more than 41 games together next season.

Trading away one of Booker or Durant doesn't seem like it would be beneficial. And I just can't imagine anyone is taking Beal.

Exactly! How much do you think Fultz will get in free agency? Are the Magic looking to resign him? I wonder if he could be sold on a minimum deal if it meant a starting role? Perfect fit next to Booker and our dead weight Beal
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:02 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Beat to Golden State for Draymond and Wiggins. What assets does phoenix need to add? Would either team do it?

This would be a catastrophe for the Warriors, especially on defense.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,589

Post#31 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 pm

gswhoops wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Beat to Golden State for Draymond and Wiggins. What assets does phoenix need to add? Would either team do it?

Fair point. Would need asset added from PHX and follow up moves to make it work.
Assuming GS is not going to just run it back as is?
Sign here
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 843

Post#32 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 pm

They_Them_Hatin wrote:
Knightro wrote:Cry?

Exactly! How much do you think Fultz will get in free agency? Are the Magic looking to resign him? I wonder if he could be sold on a minimum deal if it meant a starting role? Perfect fit next to Booker and our dead weight Beal

Fultz+Nurkic is poison on offense.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 pm

gswhoops wrote:

Agree this is a hard line to thread unless Beal is fairly broad with the list of teams he'd consider playing for. His contract is just so big that it's nearly impossible to make a legal deal without including key pieces. Lakers for the Dlo/Rui/Vincent pupu platter seems like the only semi-realistic option.

Would Beal consider Orlando? Beal and picks for Cole Anthony and Ingles with the rest being absorbed by cap space?

I would even take the Lakers pupu platter. Orlando intrigues me the most since they have big contracts. If he’s willing to go there, it’s a deal but would they really use up all that cap space for Beal?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,786

Post#34 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 pm

They_Them_Hatin wrote:I would even take the Lakers pupu platter. Orlando intrigues me the most since they have big contracts. If he’s willing to go there, it’s a deal but would they really use up all that cap space for Beal?

I highly doubt the Magic would take on the rest of Beal's contract even if they didn't have to give up any assets in return.

It just doesn't feel like a fit for them financially. Obviously they have the cap space to absorb it, but that money could seemingly be spent elsewhere.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Fair point. Would need asset added from PHX and follow up moves to make it work.

I sure hope not. And GS is the kind of team that would/should look at a guy like Beal (aka, a pseudo-contender that needs a shot in the arm) but we just don't have the contracts to make a deal that makes sense. Basketball-wise CP3 and Wiggins for Beal makes some sense but I can virtually guarantee ownership isn't going to sign off on that tax bill.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 pm

Knightro wrote:
They_Them_Hatin wrote:I would even take the Lakers pupu platter. Orlando intrigues me the most since they have big contracts. If he’s willing to go there, it’s a deal but would they really use up all that cap space for Beal?

I highly doubt the Magic would take on the rest of Beal's contract even if they didn't have to give up any assets in return.

It just doesn't feel like a fit for them financially. Obviously they have the cap space to absorb it, but that money could seemingly be spent elsewhere.

Oh for sure, I think the Suns would be sending assets to Orlando. Something like Beal + 2024 1st + 2031 1st for Anthony + Ingles + cap space.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm

They_Them_Hatin wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

I would even take the Lakers pupu platter. Orlando intrigues me the most since they have big contracts. If he’s willing to go there, it’s a deal but would they really use up all that cap space for Beal?

The best case semi-realistic plan I can see is:

Beal to LAL
Dlo + pick(s) to BKN
DFS + Rui + Vincent to PHX

Nurkic/Eubanks/Bol
DFS/Rui
KD/O'Neale
Booker/Allen
Vincent

Go out and get a ring chaser PG for the vet min and you're set.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

gswhoops wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:This would be a catastrophe for the Warriors, especially on defense.

I sure hope not. And GS is the kind of team that would/should look at a guy like Beal (aka, a pseudo-contender that needs a shot in the arm) but we just don't have the contracts to make a deal that makes sense. Basketball-wise CP3 and Wiggins for Beal makes some sense but I can virtually guarantee ownership isn't going to sign off on that tax bill.

Yeah w/o money involved, Wiggins & Paul for Beal is a great trade for both sides but it’s not happening. Unless Beal declines his player option which isn’t happening.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,659

Post#39 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:32 pm

Jordan Poole for Bradley Beal? Beal goes back to his comfort zone with the Wizards
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 pm

NYG wrote:Jordan Poole for Bradley Beal? Beal goes back to his comfort zone with the Wizards

I mean, this is definitely the funniest possible outcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions