Instant Reaction: What Do The Suns Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 843

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Suns Do This Off-Season? 

Post#41 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 pm

If you don't trade Durant this year, there's a good chance he has no trade value at all by the 2025 offseason and now you're completely screwed.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#42 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Would Spurs consider a Beal for Johnson/Graham swap?

I think they should target one of the Atlanta guards but if the price is too high this could work for them.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,982

Post#43 » by jayu70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 pm

Colbinii wrote:
RE Hawks: If they move Trae, Beal is a nice back-court fit with Murray.

That's an absolute no for the Hawks.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#44 » by jayu70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:I'll start with the fact I don't think PHX is trading KD.

Barnes + Mitchell + huerter + 13 + 2027 1st + 28 swap + 29 1st + 30 swap

For

KD

Suns recoup 5 picks from sac. Reroute huerter for 3rd team for a pg.

Hawks own the rights to Kings 1st in 2025 and 2026, so the soonest available pick would be in 2028 (unless the Kings change the protection on the 2025 pick).
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,149

Post#45 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

From you, sure. But if they still want to be competitive, Beal is a good fit with Murray on paper.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#46 » by jayu70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

Colbinii wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

From you, sure. But if they still want to be competitive, Beal is a good fit with Murray on paper.

Bradley Beal is not the answer for the Hawks wether on paper, etched in stone or in theory.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#47 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
jayu70 wrote:That's an absolute no for the Hawks.

Bradley Beal is not the answer for the Hawks wether on paper, etched in stone or in theory.

There isn't a perfect answer for the Hawks but Beal does a lot of what they need.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
jayu70
RealGM

Post#48 » by jayu70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm

Colbinii wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

There isn't a perfect answer for the Hawks but Beal does a lot of what they need.

Hawks aren't looking for perfection, they also aren't looking for a 31 year old injury prone player making $50 million to replace the face of their franchise.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 843

Post#49 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Would Beal even want to go to Atlanta.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#50 » by drosestruts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 pm

Try again and hope you can find quality ring chasing vets on minimum contracts.

In the draft I'd really like someone like Devin Carter for them. Carter is a good shooter, a good defender, and a heck of a competitor. All things the Suns could use more of. Carter's got the game and playing style of someone who excels in their role and boosts a team up.

It looks like they'll have about 7 guys under contract (8 if you count their 1st round pick - which again should be Carter)

I'd look to re-sign:

Royce ONeale
Okogie
Eubanks

After that you're looking at vet min type guys. Some vets, some young guys with upside.

Patrick Beverly
Reggie Bullock
Simone Fontecchio
Dennis Smith Jr
Mo Bamba
Svi Mykhailiuk
Luke Kornet
Kris Dunn
Xavier Tillman
Delon Wright
Usman Garuba
Adama Sanogo
Jay Huff

Same reasons I like Carter in the draft for them are reasons I would like Beverley, Dennis Smith Jr, Delon Wright, or Kris Dunn in Phoenix too

Can get shooting for Bullock, Fontecchio, Svi, Kornet

To me Beal is the oddest fit - but also probably has no trade value.

Don't overlook just how good Booker and KD can be. And ask yourself if you think this 2023-24 version was an ideal team you'd put around guys like this?
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#51 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Would Beal even want to go to Atlanta.

I think he likes strip clubs and wings.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#52 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 pm

R-DAWG wrote:First thing I would do is call the Lakers and see if they would consider a DLo + Rui + Vincent for Beal swap. The Lakers are one of the few teams that could justify the Beal contract, especially if the Lebron takes less money to keep the team in range for the full MLE (they would be 7 deep of nba vets with James, Davis, Beal, Reaves, vando, prince, MLE) . If I’m the Lakers I’m asking for PHX to include their 2024 1st here but I’m not sure it’s necessary.

But for the Suns, this starts the path to a re-tool around Booker/Durant. Forget the lack of depth, but the skill set of this big 3 felt very redundant.

Russell-Booker-O’Neal-Durant-Nurkic
Vincent-Allen-Rui

Not perfect, but more depth, better firing pieces and future flexibility.

If they don’t move the pick in the above mentioned Beal swap, i would look to package the pick with Nurk for a rim runner. Would ATL take on an extra year of Nurks salary to turn Clint Capela into a pick?

I definitely see the rationale and appreciate the effort with your post, but I think the last thing the Lakers need to do is take on Beal's contract. I feel like bringing on Beal would more or less be the exact situation that Beal is currently in with Phoenix. Three stars all needing the ball to be effective but none of them are willing or are able to be facilitators to set the others up. Sure LeBron has shown he can be the de-facto point guard in stretches but I think the Lakers are better off staying away from Beal in my personal opinion. The Lakers should honestly rebuild after next season (once the Pelicans pick swap ends) but it seems they may be going towards that direction perhaps in 2026 or 2027 whenever LeBron calls it quits.
facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#53 » by facothomas22 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

A lot of people are suggesting moving Bradley Beal. The question is does anyone even want Beal at this point, even for free? The injury history,his age(31), playing at non all star level at this point,and his very bloated contract makes any trade a tough sell. Not even mentioning that the Suns would have to trade him to whatever team he wants to be at due to his no trade clause.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#54 » by Dan Z » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm

ACMFFL wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:They have nothing to work with except KD and Booker.
Only realistic trade is KD for depth, the inverse of the original KD trade.

They have their 2024 pick and can trade their 2031 pick. But I don't think they should.

I'm not sure they'd get enough value to make a KD trade worth it.

If I dont remember wrong, teams above the second apron cannot move first round picks 7 years out.

I'm not sure. Is that one of the new rules? Either way I don't think they should trade that pick because it just kicks the can down the road.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#55 » by ChettheJet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 pm

I think the Bulls are pretty much out of the picture. They aren't going to be foolish enough to swap out Lavine for Beal. No gain. No picks to include for anybody. Their only only involvement would be if PHO wanted Lavine and they had somebody that wanted KD or BB but the Suns didn't want the collection of role players and picks offered. Swing that 3 way, let the teams that want to chase the big dollar players get them and the Bulls reload on the fly.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#56 » by Dan Z » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:15 pm

facothomas22 wrote:A lot of people are suggesting moving Bradley Beal. The question is does anyone even want Beal at this point, even for free? The injury history,his age(31), playing at non all star level at this point,and his very bloated contract makes any trade a tough sell. Not even mentioning that the Suns would have to trade him to whatever team he wants to be at due to his no trade clause.

I can't think of any team that might want him. Maybe the Nets for Simmons? I wouldn't do that if I'm Brooklyn.

The other thing is that a team trading for him has to match salary, which means they'd most likely have to gut their team for him.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#57 » by pacers33granger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 pm

They'll likely fire Vogel but it'd be shocking if ownership and can identify a diamond in the rough coach that can do something in year 1 with the roster. I'm not sure there's even a decent vet coach option out there. Maybe Dantoni? No clue if he's even looking for a head job given his age.

They really can only look at vet mins given their current roster problems. There are always minimum guys who over perform but can they identify any of them? And do any ring chasers go there as they'd have to believe there's a deep playoff run to be a part of.

Ultimately seems like they sign some washed up names and a few "youngish" mins and think they're set.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,843

Post#58 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:33 pm

facothomas22 wrote:A lot of people are suggesting moving Bradley Beal. The question is does anyone even want Beal at this point, even for free? The injury history,his age(31), playing at non all star level at this point,and his very bloated contract makes any trade a tough sell. Not even mentioning that the Suns would have to trade him to whatever team he wants to be at due to his no trade clause.

The thread acknowledged up front that trading Beal is pretty unlikely. Lakers seem like the only somewhat realistic possibility, given that they have movable bad contracts and a legitimate need for a secondary perimeter scorer.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,277

Post#59 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 pm

pacers33granger wrote:They'll likely fire Vogel but it'd be shocking if ownership and can identify a diamond in the rough coach that can do something in year 1 with the roster. I'm not sure there's even a decent vet coach option out there. Maybe Dantoni? No clue if he's even looking for a head job given his age.

They really can only look at vet mins given their current roster problems. There are always minimum guys who over perform but can they identify any of them? And do any ring chasers go there as they'd have to believe there's a deep playoff run to be a part of.

Ultimately seems like they sign some washed up names and a few "youngish" mins and think they're set.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Young Coach: Chris Quinn. Miami Heat asst who has been around Spo and Riley for almost a decade. He had to have learned stuff. He'd be my 1st choice.

Vet Coach: Bud. I think the way things have gone in MIL has proven he knew what he was doing....I'd love to see a poll on how many Bucks fans would take him back now.

As far as trades, I think the move is to trade KD.....but TV heads think that Booker is the one. We will see.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#60 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 pm

I don't think anyone has hit the right team for a Durant trade yet.
To me, it's New Orleans.

Both teams you could argue need to mix things up after disappointing playoff appearances. The Suns need to spread out some salaries, while the Pelicans could benefit from a consolidation trade.

Durant could fetch a player haul of CJ, Nance, Murphy, plus whatever picks. Or perhaps Ingram, Nance, Daniels, something like that.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Trades and Transactions