What Could the Clippers get for Kawhi?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

What Could the Clippers get for Kawhi? 

Post#1 » by HornetsFan29 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:45 pm

with Kawhi always seem to be hurt. What Could the Clippers get for him to stay contending for a title and should they be thinking about trading him?

You have Harden,Westbrook,and PG13 so get a few role players for Kawhi and stack ur roster would be the way to go cause it seems you can't count on Kawhi staying healthy anymore.

With that said knowing his injury history would any team risk trading assets for him.

Clippers are in a tough spot here.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,154

Re: What Could the Clippers get for Kawhi? 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Worth point out he can't be traded until July 8th.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,609

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:57 pm

Colbinii wrote:Worth point out he can't be traded until July 8th.

On this note, let's revisit this then.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,609

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 pm

I received feedback that this topic should still be discussed now so I've re-opened the topic. Just keep in mind with your ideas what Colbini pointed out in terms of timeline.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,154

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I received feedback that this topic should still be discussed now so I've re-opened the topic. Just keep in mind with your ideas what Colbini pointed out in terms of timeline.

Yup, the biggest thing here is no draft picks and team(s) likely will have used their cap space.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 844

Post#6 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 pm

You need a team that is just ridiculously desperate.

Like, the Lakers or Mavs if LeBron or Luka threaten to leave desperate.

You can probably get 2-3 good firsts if a team that desperate appears as Kawhi's reputation is still so good even though he no practical value at this point.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,889

Post#7 » by giberish » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I received feedback that this topic should still be discussed now so I've re-opened the topic. Just keep in mind with your ideas what Colbini pointed out in terms of timeline.

Yup, the biggest thing here is no draft picks and team(s) likely will have used their cap space.

Of course, teams can agree to a deal before July 8 and just not make it official until then.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,846

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm

I don't think it makes sense to trade Kawhi if you're keeping PG13/Harden/Westbrook. On the rare occasions he is healthy, Kawhi is still the guy that elevates the Clippers from a first/second round exit team to a title contender.

If PG13 and Harden walk in free agency, then yeah, maybe you start making some calls and see who would give up picks or other rebuilding-type assets for Kawhi. Knicks? OKC?
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 844

Post#9 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 pm

gswhoops wrote:I don't think it makes sense to trade Kawhi if you're keeping PG13/Harden/Westbrook. On the rare occasions he is healthy, Kawhi is still the guy that elevates the Clippers from a first/second round exit team to a title contender.

If PG13 and Harden walk in free agency, then yeah, maybe you start making some calls and see who would give up picks or other rebuilding-type assets for Kawhi. Knicks? OKC?

Kawhi has missed the end of the postseason four consecutive years due to knee injuries.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,846

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
gswhoops wrote:I don't think it makes sense to trade Kawhi if you're keeping PG13/Harden/Westbrook. On the rare occasions he is healthy, Kawhi is still the guy that elevates the Clippers from a first/second round exit team to a title contender.

Kawhi has missed the end of the postseason four consecutive years due to knee injuries.

I'm aware of his injury history; that's why I said "on the rare occasions he is healthy..."

But there's no real point in treading water with PG, Harden, and like Julius Randle. That team doesn't get past OKC or Denver. Either build around Kawhi/PG and pray for health or blow it all up and start over.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,519

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:51 pm

I have him at negative value after that extension.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions