GSW - Toronto - Orlando

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,446

Re: GSW - Toronto - Orlando 

Post#21 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Sure. But he's also that classic, play half the game, close none of importance, old-school type center. Those have limited trade value, we've seen time and again. IF GSW will overpay you for Carter, take that instead.

Wendell Carter, Jr. meanwhile playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs and practically no 4th quarter minutes.

Mosley started Isaac the first two games. Dont know if it was injuries, but he decided he want JI to play with the starters. Last two games, Mosley re-inserted him into the starting line up. Both games were blow out wins, with end of the bench players getting minutes in the 4th quarter. WCJ was excellent in game 4 despite just 11-5 and 0 blocks. His defense was great.

WCJ barely played the 4th quarters of the first two games though. I think it's safe to say WCJ isn't on a whole different tier over Poeltl. They are both kinda mid, just in different ways.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#22 » by orlando_joe » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Poeltl is MUCH more durable than WCJ for his career and has 1 more year of team control, which gives him a slight edge to me.

Sure. But he's also that classic, play half the game, close none of importance, old-school type center. Those have limited trade value, we've seen time and again. IF GSW will overpay you for Carter, take that instead.

Wendell Carter, Jr. meanwhile playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs and practically no 4th quarter minutes.

well to be fair he did not start first 2 games so ji played 4th...the next 2 he started and NO starters played in 4th magic were up 30 in both why would a starter play?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#23 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:04 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Wendell Carter, Jr. meanwhile playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs and practically no 4th quarter minutes.

Mosley started Isaac the first two games. Dont know if it was injuries, but he decided he want JI to play with the starters. Last two games, Mosley re-inserted him into the starting line up. Both games were blow out wins, with end of the bench players getting minutes in the 4th quarter. WCJ was excellent in game 4 despite just 11-5 and 0 blocks. His defense was great.

WCJ barely played the 4th quarters of the first two games though. I think it's safe to say WCJ isn't on a whole different tier over Poeltl. They are both kinda mid, just in different ways.

Like i said, Mosley decided to play Isaac with the starters, including in the 4th quarter.

I will take WCJ over Poeltl given his skillset, but to each his own. Both players have their flaws, but i believe WCJ's versatility makes him more valuable. As a player he is not great. Some would consider him a below average center, but not many centers in the league are as versatile as he is.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,770

Post#24 » by Skybox » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

well to be fair he did not start first 2 games so ji played 4th...the next 2 he started and NO starters played in 4th magic were up 30 in both why would a starter play?

Great catch...the last two 4th quarters were legit garbage time...amazing to have both games well out of reach IN THE PLAYOFFS that early...particularly for an offensively unbalanced team. Goga was the "Closer" is kind of a misleading picture :lol:

Return to Trades and Transactions