GSW - Toronto - Orlando

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,436

GSW - Toronto - Orlando 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:09 pm

GSW trade Looney, 2025 LP x3 yrs 1st
GSW receive: WCJ

Orlando trade: WCJ, future 2nds
Orlando receive: Poeltl

Toronto trade: Poeltl
Toronto receive: Looney, GSW 2025 LP x3 yrs 1st, future ORL 2nds

Why for GSW: add a stretch 5
Why for Orlando: add a better defender and passer for their star wings
Why for Toronto: get a pick and tank
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,610

Re: GSW - Toronto - Orlando 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 pm

I don't have Poeltl as more valuable than WCJ. If I'm Orlando and I'm ready to move on from Carter, I'd just take the offer from GSW. Orlando doesn't need another guy who makes offense more difficult and their defense is already really good.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I don't have Poeltl as more valuable than WCJ. If I'm Orlando and I'm ready to move on from Carter, I'd just take the offer from GSW. Orlando doesn't need another guy who makes offense more difficult and their defense is already really good.

Poeltl is MUCH more durable than WCJ for his career and has 1 more year of team control, which gives him a slight edge to me.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,610

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I don't have Poeltl as more valuable than WCJ. If I'm Orlando and I'm ready to move on from Carter, I'd just take the offer from GSW. Orlando doesn't need another guy who makes offense more difficult and their defense is already really good.

Poeltl is MUCH more durable than WCJ for his career and has 1 more year of team control, which gives him a slight edge to me.

Sure. But he's also that classic, play half the game, close none of importance, old-school type center. Those have limited trade value, we've seen time and again. IF GSW will overpay you for Carter, take that instead.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,154

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm

Seems great for Toronto. They save money, don't take on long-term salary and get a 1st and 2 2nds for Poeltl?

Seems like an idiotic move for Golden State. Tying up a 1st for 3 years for a low-impact player isn't exactly where you want to be as a team trying to win.

I think Orlando just takes the Golden State offer here. They swap Looney for WCJ and get a 1st? No reason for Toronto to be here.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,846

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 pm

I like Poeltl but if we're going to commit to playing Kuminga and Draymond together, we need a 5 who can stretch the floor a bit. Looney and a 2025 1st for WCJ is a fine deal for me.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm

gswhoops wrote:I like Poeltl but if we're going to commit to playing Kuminga and Draymond together, we need a 5 who can stretch the floor a bit. Looney and a 2025 1st for WCJ is a fine deal for me.

OP is WCJ to GSW..
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,846

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 pm

Colbinii wrote:Seems great for Toronto. They save money, don't take on long-term salary and get a 1st and 2 2nds for Poeltl?

Seems like an idiotic move for Golden State. Tying up a 1st for 3 years for a low-impact player isn't exactly where you want to be as a team trying to win.

I think Orlando just takes the Golden State offer here. They swap Looney for WCJ and get a 1st? No reason for Toronto to be here.

I think this would be a later in the offseason type deal, after the "star" deal that our FO always chases inevitably fails to materialize. Would certainly be willing to negotiate lighter protections in exchange for a shorter vesting time.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 pm

Colbinii wrote:Seems great for Toronto. They save money, don't take on long-term salary and get a 1st and 2 2nds for Poeltl?

i think Orlando fans wanted a better defensive C IIRC. They rather consolidate than collect more picks at this point imo.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,770

Post#10 » by Skybox » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 pm

I like Looney better than Poeltl for Orl...but I like WCJ better than either...and I don't love WCJ for ORL.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#11 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:41 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Sure. But he's also that classic, play half the game, close none of importance, old-school type center. Those have limited trade value, we've seen time and again. IF GSW will overpay you for Carter, take that instead.

Depends on match up, against Milwaukee/Philly/Cleveland/New York then you probably need someone like Poeltl closing.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

Skybox wrote:I like Looney better than Poeltl for Orl...but I like WCJ better than either...and I don't love WCJ for ORL.

Looney is washed, why do you like him better than Poeltl..?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#13 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:43 pm

I would pass on this. Magic need a more mobile center than Poeltl for their defense, and WCJ floor-spacing is important. If they have to sacrifice the shooting, they at least have to maintain mobility. So if they wanted a shot blocker they should be looking at Claxton in FA. Im fine with just keeping Carter though.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#14 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

add in, WCJ is cheaper and also shot 37% from 3 last year, so can help some with spacing.
NW
Starter
And1: 349

Post#15 » by NW » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:06 pm

I like WCJ for GS. Not first round pick level like unless some good protection over a short conveyance period. Otherwise, save picks for bigger moves imo
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,889

Post#16 » by giberish » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm

I'd like it better for GS if a future 1st was likely to be 25-30. I think that's about the right value but the Warriors don't look to have a pick in that range any time soon. Giving up a mid 1st for WCJ does feel like a mild overpay. Though it could be argued that a mive like that is needed.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,770

Post#17 » by Skybox » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Skybox wrote:I like Looney better than Poeltl for Orl...but I like WCJ better than either...and I don't love WCJ for ORL.

I don't really want him, but ORL would be a better fit for a mobile switching defender than a solid, but playing in quicksand throwback-type. The offensive advantages of Poeltl are nice but not really a priority - WCJ is much more offensively versatile than either but ORL could really use a rim-protector who can switch out.

Ideally, it's a Claxton or Gafford-type, imo. Jarrett Allen or Mobley would be too good to be true.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,446

Post#18 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Wendell Carter, Jr. meanwhile playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs and practically no 4th quarter minutes.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,889

Post#19 » by giberish » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm

Skybox wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I don't really want him, but ORL would be a better fit for a mobile switching defender than a solid, but playing in quicksand throwback-type. The offensive advantages of Poeltl are nice but not really a priority - WCJ is much more offensively versatile than either but ORL could really use a rim-protector who can switch out.

Ideally, it's a Claxton or Gafford-type, imo. Jarrett Allen or Mobley would be too good to be true.

I assume for Orlando the plan in a WCJ for Looney + 1st deal would be to mostly go with Goga/Paolo/Isaac as their PF/C rotation and to add assets for finding a guard or two that can shoot (extra 1st, a bit more salary room).
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#20 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Wendell Carter, Jr. meanwhile playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs and practically no 4th quarter minutes.

Mosley started Isaac the first two games. Dont know if it was injuries, but he decided he want JI to play with the starters. Last two games, Mosley re-inserted him into the starting line up. Both games were blow out wins, with end of the bench players getting minutes in the 4th quarter. WCJ was excellent in game 4 despite just 11-5 and 0 blocks. His defense was great.

Return to Trades and Transactions