Off-season Swap: Trae Young & Devin Booker

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

What are chances Suns/Hawks consider a swap of Trae Young & Devin Booker

High Chance
No votes
Mid Chance
No votes
Low Chance
33%
No Chance
67%

Total votes: 9

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,574

Off-season Swap: Trae Young & Devin Booker 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:02 pm

Based on Suns failing in playoffs and Hawks not getting to playoffs, what are chances of Suns and Hawks entertaining a swap of Trae Young for Devin Booker this off-season?

Booker is owed 4 years, $221 million. He'll be 28 to start next season
Young is owed 2 years, $89 million plus Player Option. He'll be 26 to start next season

Perhaps Hawks might be motivated to pair Murray with Booker for better backcourt fit
Perhaps Suns might be motivated to get a PG to change this up for better fit with Beal

Hawks could add a rookie contract guy (Jalen Johnson or AJ Griffin) to balance out money/add incentive

What are the chances?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,519

Re: Off-season Swap: Trae Young & Devin Booker 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 pm

The Hawks absolutely have to add here and the problem is the Suns defense likely gets worse. I just don't see the Suns trading Booker as he's the reason Durant asked to be traded there.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,607

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 pm

jbk1234 wrote:The Hawks absolutely have to add here and the problem is the Suns defense likely gets worse. I just don't see the Suns trading Booker as he's the reason Durant asked to be traded there.

Pretty much this. And its tricky to expand the deal because of the Suns apron issues.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,597

Post#4 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 pm

I don’t see why from the Suns POV unless they are going complete blow up and get some first round picks out of it
Sign here
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,584

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

i don't really hate the idea but no way it happens straight up. Atlanta's got pick #10 and SAC's 1st next year to send. 1 or both of those picks included, and Phoenix could attach Nurkic or Allen's contracts to those picks to get real upgrades at positions of need instead of stacking scoring wings on scoring wings.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Trades and Transactions