Instant Reaction: What Do The Lakers Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,890

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Lakers Do This Off-Season? 

Post#81 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 6:58 pm

AingesBurner wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:
Utah would send out Kessler for unprotecting 27, 28 unprotected swap, and unprotected 29 1st.

We have a board policy against this kind of post. Don't derail with more of your unrealistic counter offers please. If you want to post fantasy Jazz returns there are internet forums suitable for that. This isn't one.

This wasn’t derail of unrealistic counter offers. This is called seeing if Kessler is worth that. It’s called a negotiation tactic.

No it isn't. We aren't negotiating deals here and you know his value isn't 3 unprotected firsts. You do this in every Jazz thread too. It's derailing. Please stop.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,754

Post#82 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 7, 2024 7:02 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
We have a board policy against this kind of post. Don't derail with more of your unrealistic counter offers please. If you want to post fantasy Jazz returns there are internet forums suitable for that. This isn't one.

This wasn’t derail of unrealistic counter offers. This is called seeing if Kessler is worth that. It’s called a negotiation tactic.

No it isn't. We aren't negotiating deals here and you know his value isn't 3 unprotected firsts. You do this in every Jazz thread too. It's derailing. Please stop.

I didn’t ask for 3 unprotected 1sts. I asked for one unprotected 1st, an unprotected swap, and unprotecting a top 4 protected 1st. Value is also subjective.
Texas Chuck

Post#83 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 7:05 pm

Value is subjective but it also has rational limits. And owning the rights to 3 consecutive unprotected picks post AD/Lebron is not within any kind of reasonable value for Kessler.

Now let's get back to what the Lakers should do because clearly the answer isn't punt a bunch of value to the Utah Jazz.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#84 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 7, 2024 7:08 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Value is subjective but it also has rational limits. And owning the rights to 3 consecutive unprotected picks post AD/Lebron is not within any kind of reasonable value for Kessler.

Now let's get back to what the Lakers should do because clearly the answer isn't punt a bunch of value to the Utah Jazz.

I agree so what do you think a fair offer for Kessler is? Young and still on a rookie contract.
Texas Chuck

Post#85 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 7:14 pm

AingesBurner wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Value is subjective but it also has rational limits. And owning the rights to 3 consecutive unprotected picks post AD/Lebron is not within any kind of reasonable value for Kessler.

I agree so what do you think a fair offer for Kessler is? Young and still on a rookie contract.

Assuming the Pels push their Lakers pick back to next year, I'd say pick 17 this year and reasonable salary matching. Maybe Utah could get a future 1st top 4 protected instead? But something outside a current lottery pick. He's only got 2 cheap years left. He's a good defender, but not an elite one, and he's limited offensively. This is a guy unlikely to ever be more than a part-time center who doesn't close games. None of these types of guys returns a ton in trade.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#86 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:21 pm

I'm not sure spending the limited assets to add a center is the way to go on the Lakers. With AD, he's always played better at the 5 spot and he certainly beasted it this year. I think the Lakers may have had a different outcome in round one if they actually had a legit defensive threat at the guard spot. With that in mind, why not a draft day trade of the 2024 frp/Rui for Smart (with Dlo leaving in mind).

Or make that big swing for Murray.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#87 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 8, 2024 12:31 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Assuming the Pels push their Lakers pick back to next year, I'd say pick 17 this year and reasonable salary matching. Maybe Utah could get a future 1st top 4 protected instead? But something outside a current lottery pick. He's only got 2 cheap years left. He's a good defender, but not an elite one, and he's limited offensively. This is a guy unlikely to ever be more than a part-time center who doesn't close games. None of these types of guys returns a ton in trade.

So 17 and unprotecting 27 would be in the realm.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,442

Post#88 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:43 am

AingesBurner wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

So 17 and unprotecting 27 would be in the realm.

I don't think the Lakers are going to unprotect the 27 pick for Kessler. Maybe 17 and a well-protected future first, or slightly loosening the protections, but that's about it (IMO).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 119

Post#89 » by Lakers24gm » Wed May 8, 2024 4:23 am

Why not just go for Lauri and not Walker. I’d offer 3 picks and unprotect the one we owe Utah. What Jazz consider that and probably DLo expiring?

Return to Trades and Transactions