Pelicans - ATL - Magic

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Re: Pelicans - ATL - Magic 

Post#21 » by lordjeff05 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:43 pm

Yeah just to reiterate points already made here, CJ is one of the best shooters in the league and he’s demonstrated he can be on a good team defense.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,781

Post#22 » by Skybox » Wed May 1, 2024 5:31 pm

Upon further reflection, I'd love to get CJ...not my first choice due to age, contract, defensive issues...but I'm a fan and he's an amazing fit in ORL...in this OP, it's a lot of incoming salary for ORL, but good value nonetheless.

CJ next to Suggs is a nasty backcourt...and beautifully complementary to Paolo & Franz up front. I also like WCJ's versatility in ATL, running PnR with Trae. I honestly think WCJ, who is still very young, has a lot more in his bag than he'll get to show in ORL's frontcourt. IF ORL has enough cap space left, adding Claxton or Hartenstein would be phenomenal.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,619

Post#23 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 1, 2024 8:29 pm

Skybox wrote:Upon further reflection, I'd love to get CJ...not my first choice due to age, contract, defensive issues...but I'm a fan and he's an amazing fit in ORL...in this OP, it's a lot of incoming salary for ORL, but good value nonetheless.

CJ next to Suggs is a nasty backcourt...and beautifully complementary to Paolo & Franz up front. I also like WCJ's versatility in ATL, running PnR with Trae. I honestly think WCJ, who is still very young, has a lot more in his bag than he'll get to show in ORL's frontcourt. IF ORL has enough cap space left, adding Claxton or Hartenstein would be phenomenal.

I think the versatility of that new Orlando roster is something else (assuming they could sign one of those centers)

they win yesterday with CJ imo
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Post#24 » by I Rasharted » Wed May 1, 2024 11:27 pm

dms269 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:NOP owes value to both orlando and Atlanta

I initially had NOP sending Hawkins to ATL, but figured Bey can't really be positive value right?

My thought process - Murray is worth slightly more than Ingram due to contract, but ATL is getting a significant fit upgrade, and 6'8 wings don't come available often. Then adding in Bey off-set that bit. Maybe a 2nd round pick to sweeten the pot?

As for Orlando, I wasn't sure what to do there. The fans seemed to want a different fit at center all season. CJ is coming off a fantastic year of 20-5-4 with 43% from 3 on high volume. I had him as better than sinking 25/year into Monk, or paying Klay.

What kind of value do you think is owed to Orlando here?

Bey is a rfa this offseason.

I have Murray being worth quite a bit more than Ingram due to the contract situation. If you do retain him he is going to be making double what DJM is going to be making.

Curious what a Hawks fan would want from ORL for Murray?
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
lordjeff05
Analyst

Post#25 » by lordjeff05 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:44 pm

From the Pels side I think Id rather WCJ than Capela, so I'd push for that but I think I'd do this.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 995

Post#26 » by Geaux_Hawks » Fri May 3, 2024 2:06 am

I Rasharted wrote:
dms269 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
I initially had NOP sending Hawkins to ATL, but figured Bey can't really be positive value right?

My thought process - Murray is worth slightly more than Ingram due to contract, but ATL is getting a significant fit upgrade, and 6'8 wings don't come available often. Then adding in Bey off-set that bit. Maybe a 2nd round pick to sweeten the pot?

As for Orlando, I wasn't sure what to do there. The fans seemed to want a different fit at center all season. CJ is coming off a fantastic year of 20-5-4 with 43% from 3 on high volume. I had him as better than sinking 25/year into Monk, or paying Klay.

What kind of value do you think is owed to Orlando here?

I have Murray being worth quite a bit more than Ingram due to the contract situation. If you do retain him he is going to be making double what DJM is going to be making.

I'd personally start with Isaac, but i've heard that you all hold him in very high regards from a value perspective, so idk what else would need to be added. I'd probably ask for WCJ also, and possibly a pick or 2. I doubt a picks/prospect package would get Murray because we need vets that can help re-tool.
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 968

Post#27 » by BuddyBuckets » Fri May 3, 2024 8:28 am

That Pels D with Murray, Herb, Capela would be something to watch. Throw in Alvarado with Murray moving to SG and damn... Interesting idea for the Pels perspective. Would be a weird place though when Zion (inevitably) gets an injury and you don't have real one-on-one creators outside Murray.
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#28 » by YayBasketball » Fri May 3, 2024 8:44 am

Edit, wrong thread
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Post#29 » by I Rasharted » Fri May 3, 2024 10:29 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
I Rasharted wrote:
dms269 wrote:

I'd personally start with Isaac, but i've heard that you all hold him in very high regards from a value perspective, so idk what else would need to be added. I'd probably ask for WCJ also, and possibly a pick or 2. I doubt a picks/prospect package would get Murray because we need vets that can help re-tool.

Thanks. If Isaac, WCJ and a pick gets it done, I go for it as a Magic fan. No idea if the Magic have any actual interest in Murray, but he'd solve a lot of their backcourt issues.
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,619

Post#30 » by LightTheBeam » Fri May 3, 2024 6:18 pm

BuddyBuckets wrote:That Pels D with Murray, Herb, Capela would be something to watch. Throw in Alvarado with Murray moving to SG and damn... Interesting idea for the Pels perspective. Would be a weird place though when Zion (inevitably) gets an injury and you don't have real one-on-one creators outside Murray.

Whats the thoughts on Murphy? I've been impressed when I watched him. Do you think he could continue to develop in that role with Ingram out of the way?
lordjeff05
Analyst

Post#31 » by lordjeff05 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:08 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
BuddyBuckets wrote:That Pels D with Murray, Herb, Capela would be something to watch. Throw in Alvarado with Murray moving to SG and damn... Interesting idea for the Pels perspective. Would be a weird place though when Zion (inevitably) gets an injury and you don't have real one-on-one creators outside Murray.

Whats the thoughts on Murphy? I've been impressed when I watched him. Do you think he could continue to develop in that role with Ingram out of the way?

Pels fans are really bullish on him. Had a bit of a slow start coming back from injury. Still not much a handle but he's got a flamethrower and he's aggressive attacking the basket on closeouts. Seems comfortable in his role and he is growing on the defensive end.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,623

Post#32 » by Threezus » Mon May 6, 2024 6:17 pm

Massive mistake right there my friend Murray gets beat pretty badly when asked to defend at SG and struggles offball. Thats actually his biggest issue here is we ask him to handle the bigger SG's in the league and he just can't do it. When Trae was out and Murray went back to defending PG's again and to be the main distributor he started being a top tier player on both ends of the court again.

Return to Trades and Transactions