BKN/PHX - Beal to Nets

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,574

BKN/PHX - Beal to Nets 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Wed May 1, 2024 12:00 am

Brooklyn gets:
Bradley Beal

Phoenix gets:
Cam Johnson
Dorian Finney-Smith
Dennis Schroeder

Why for Brooklyn? They try to build playoff team around solid fit of Beal and Bridges and get a pick back. If Beal puts up numbers he could end up having trade value.

Why for Phoenix? They keep Booker and Durant combo but try to go the depth route this time.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,178

Re: BKN/PHX - Beal to Nets 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Wed May 1, 2024 12:07 am

Phoenix's biggest need is a PG and a Center. They don't really get either here [No center and a very, very mediocre PG].

I think Phoenix could just draft Kolek and be happier than trading for Schroeder.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,506

Post#3 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 1, 2024 12:18 am

Beal and Simmons on the same team?

I gotta see this!
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Post#4 » by kds92 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:20 am

If anything, the Nets would try to free up cap space for 2025 unless they decide to trade for a true star this offseason.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,169

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 1, 2024 12:47 am

No one is taking Beal without unloading some long term money. Poole and Kuzma might be interesting. Poole is sort of a point guard who was better when not expected to be Batman or Robin. I think on some level he'd welcome going back to third option or so. Kuzma improves their depth. Beal reprises his borderline all-star role in Washington.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,627

Post#6 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 1, 2024 1:18 am

Brooklyn isn’t helping the Suns and taking back the worst contract in the league.

It’s in their best interest to watch the Suns implode.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#7 » by eitanr » Wed May 1, 2024 2:03 am

Laimbeer wrote:No one is taking Beal without unloading some long term money. Poole and Kuzma might be interesting. Poole is sort of a point guard who was better when not expected to be Batman or Robin. I think on some level he'd welcome going back to third option or so. Kuzma improves their depth. Beal reprises his borderline all-star role in Washington.

Aligned - Beal is seen as one of the league's worst deal...if not worst. You need to take back serious crap that is lenghy...list includes:

Poole
Lavine
Simmons

Dallas tends to take a shot at these type of talents (Kyrie, Wood) so maybe there's a THJ and Green swap there. Maybe there's something wih Randle, but Phoenix would still need to add there.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#8 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 1, 2024 2:33 am

eitanr wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:No one is taking Beal without unloading some long term money. Poole and Kuzma might be interesting. Poole is sort of a point guard who was better when not expected to be Batman or Robin. I think on some level he'd welcome going back to third option or so. Kuzma improves their depth. Beal reprises his borderline all-star role in Washington.

Aligned - Beal is seen as one of the league's worst deal...if not worst. You need to take back serious crap that is lenghy...list includes:

Poole
Lavine
Simmons

Dallas tends to take a shot at these type of talents (Kyrie, Wood) so maybe there's a THJ and Green swap there. Maybe there's something wih Randle, but Phoenix would still need to add there.

You can take Simmons off this list now that he’s an expiring contract.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,574

Post#9 » by Dr Positivity » Wed May 1, 2024 2:40 am

Simmons is the rare expiring that's so useless that he's still in the convo for worst deals, although probably behind a few guys. Like Phoenix says no to Beal for Simmons unless they already blew up the team, if Durant/Booker are on the team you can't just throw away a season.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#10 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 1, 2024 2:49 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Simmons is the rare expiring that's so useless that he's still in the convo for worst deals, although probably behind a few guys. Like Phoenix says no to Beal for Simmons unless they already blew up the team, if Durant/Booker are on the team you can't just throw away a season.

Sure but useless and expiring is still better than Bradley Beal at that number with a no trade clause.

The gap between his contract and the 2nd worst (Poole) is massive.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,105

Post#11 » by tmorgan » Wed May 1, 2024 3:18 am

I have Beal as *significantly* more negative than this.

Even if you want to argue Cam Johnson is neutral value on his deal, DFS is worth #22 or more in this horrific draft. Schroeder is of negligible value. So it’s getting off Beal for free. No one is doing that.

(unless you can convince Beal and the union to void his NTC and take a 50% pay cut… good luck with that)
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,803

Post#12 » by jredsaz » Wed May 1, 2024 5:50 am

tmorgan wrote:I have Beal as *significantly* more negative than this.

Even if you want to argue Cam Johnson is neutral value on his deal, DFS is worth #22 or more in this horrific draft. Schroeder is of negligible value. So it’s getting off Beal for free. No one is doing that.

(unless you can convince Beal and the union to void his NTC and take a 50% pay cut… good luck with that)

That last part isn’t needed. Otherwise I basically agree with you. That contract will be nearly impossible to move for the next two years unless he really shows out next season and increases his on court value. But the NTC lol. Beal is on the Suns next year unless an LA or maybe Miami come calling which is insanely unlikely.
DrModesty
Junior
And1: 515

Post#13 » by DrModesty » Wed May 1, 2024 7:19 am

I am not sure if BKN would do Beal + 22 for Simmons straight up. They might because it is a talent upgrade for a team that is sort of stuck but that is the level of disaster the Beal contract is right now.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 992

Post#14 » by Decipher » Wed May 1, 2024 9:21 am

DrModesty wrote:I am not sure if BKN would do Beal + 22 for Simmons straight up. They might because it is a talent upgrade for a team that is sort of stuck but that is the level of disaster the Beal contract is right now.

It’s only a talent upgrade if Simmons is permanently crocked, in which case they might get a medical dispensation for Ben anyway

Beal potentially puts them into the repeater for no good reason and destroys their ‘25 flexibility plus it helps the Suns
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,782

Post#15 » by Skybox » Wed May 1, 2024 10:53 am

Beal was NEVER worth this HOF deal…now, it’s atrocious
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#16 » by JKiddy » Wed May 1, 2024 6:11 pm

BK has no use for an old faded overpaid Beal. It is against everything they currently need.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#17 » by Stix » Wed May 1, 2024 10:19 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Beal and Simmons on the same team?

I gotta see this!

:lol: would never happen because neither would stay healthy long enough
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,556

Post#18 » by nate33 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:13 am

Why on Earth would the rebuilding/tanking Wizards want a declining injury-prone, former star with 26,000 career minutes under his belt and a supermax contract?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,414

Post#19 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:21 am

Phoenix needs to add 2 1sts to this.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#20 » by tcheco » Thu May 2, 2024 1:31 am

Beal has a trade kicker that kills the nets ability to assemble any playoff roster. No team is taking Beal without a lot of incentive.

Return to Trades and Transactions