BKN/PHX - Beal to Nets

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,179

Re: BKN/PHX - Beal to Nets 

Post#21 » by Laimbeer » Thu May 2, 2024 4:58 pm

nate33 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:No one is taking Beal without unloading some long term money. Poole and Kuzma might be interesting. Poole is sort of a point guard who was better when not expected to be Batman or Robin. I think on some level he'd welcome going back to third option or so. Kuzma improves their depth. Beal reprises his borderline all-star role in Washington.

Why on Earth would the rebuilding/tanking Wizards want a declining injury-prone, former star with 26,000 career minutes under his belt and a supermax contract?

My guess is Beal's decline was due to the team situation and he still can be a top ten shooting guard. He's only a year older than Kuzma and hopefully Poole isn't a part of anyone's rebuilding plan, so age isn't really a factor.

You do raise a fair point about tanking - if Washington wants to, they are probably better off not making the deal as I beileve Beal makes them better.

Return to Trades and Transactions