LAL-WAS-UTA (it's like poetry, it rhymes)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 845

LAL-WAS-UTA (it's like poetry, it rhymes) 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed May 1, 2024 12:40 am

Lakers send: Gabe Vincent, Jared Vanderbilt, D'lo, change of protection 2027 pick, 2028 first
Lakers receive: Kyle Kuzma, Jordan Clarkson

Wizards send: Kyle Kuzma
Wizards receive: D'lo, Jared Vanderbilt, 2028 Lakers first

Jazz send: Jordan Clarkson
Jazz receive: Gabe Vincent, change of 2027 protection from top 4 protection to unprotected swap with worst 2027 Jazz pick

Why for Lakers: Add a wing they need and add scoring off the bench.
Why for Wizards: Trade Kuzma for a very good pick and two guys they can hopefully move later.
Why for Jazz: Trade Clarkson where he wants to go and add more draft pick upside
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,411

Re: LAL-WAS-UTA (it's like poetry, it rhymes) 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:42 am

I feel like Hachimura, Vincent, and a first for Kuzma is a better route. If that doesn't work for Washington see if the same package can get Jerami Grant. Then just keep DLo or flip him for an upgrade.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#3 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed May 1, 2024 12:44 am

babyjax13 wrote:I feel like Hachimura, Vincent, and a first for Kuzma is a better route. If that doesn't work for Washington see if the same package can get Jerami Grant. Then just keep DLo or flip him for an upgrade.

Does Rui really want to go back to Washington though? Even if they intend to flip him at the deadline, I don't know if he'll be happy to play there for four months. Then again, D'lo is a bad fit and would probably be better being flipped as well.

Rui does add to the "it's like poetry, it rhymes" theme though.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:48 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I feel like Hachimura, Vincent, and a first for Kuzma is a better route. If that doesn't work for Washington see if the same package can get Jerami Grant. Then just keep DLo or flip him for an upgrade.

Does Rui really want to go back to Washington though? Even if they intend to flip him at the deadline, I don't know if he'll be happy to play there for four months. Then again, D'lo is a bad fit and would probably be better being flipped as well.

Rui does add to the "it's like poetry, it rhymes" theme though.

Maybe it requires a third team to swap a contract for Rui, but I don't see DLo and all these assets to end up woth Kuzma and Clarkson.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,174

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Wed May 1, 2024 12:53 am

I have Vincent worth more than Clarkson.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:37 am

Colbinii wrote:I have Vincent worth more than Clarkson.

Clarkson had a bad year in a role he shouldn't have been in, but Vincent didn't even play (well, he played minimally while recovering from injury). I'm not sure that the $3 million dollar difference in their salaries is consequential, Clarkson has had better years in the recent past than Vincent ever has.

JColl
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,336

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:44 am

DLo to Kuzma feels like it wouldn't improve Lakers much
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#8 » by nzahir » Wed May 1, 2024 5:33 am

Pass on Kuzma for now

Not a high iq guy either, worse shooter than Rui

But a better defender, and a better rebounder by far

Feel like we should be aiming higer for now
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#9 » by Colbinii » Wed May 1, 2024 1:16 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

Clarkson had a bad year in a role he shouldn't have been in, but Vincent didn't even play (well, he played minimally while recovering from injury). I'm not sure that the $3 million dollar difference in their salaries is consequential, Clarkson has had better years in the recent past than Vincent ever has.

Clarkson has a terrible post-season track record and is a worse defensive piece.

Neither of them I want doing anything other than spot up shooting and I prefer Vincent in that role.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:36 pm

Colbinii wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Clarkson has a terrible post-season track record and is a worse defensive piece.

Neither of them I want doing anything other than spot up shooting and I prefer Vincent in that role.

Clarkson had one terrible post season with Cleveland, one mid one with us, one very good one with us, and one great one with us. I think his track record is what you expect for a microwave sixth man.

JColl
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#11 » by Colbinii » Wed May 1, 2024 5:32 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Clarkson had a bad year in a role he shouldn't have been in, but Vincent didn't even play (well, he played minimally while recovering from injury). I'm not sure that the $3 million dollar difference in their salaries is consequential, Clarkson has had better years in the recent past than Vincent ever has.

Clarkson had one terrible post season with Cleveland, one mid one with us, one very good one with us, and one great one with us. I think his track record is what you expect for a microwave sixth man.

He was good against Dallas attacking Luka/Brunson but I don't really see him as a player you want playing big minutes in either of his other seasons.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,750

Post#12 » by penbeast0 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:25 pm

zimpy27 wrote:DLo to Kuzma feels like it wouldn't improve Lakers much

And would positively hurt Washington even without the personality issues. A backcourt with him playing next to Poole is, (shudder), not a good thought.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.

Return to Trades and Transactions