Instant Reaction: What Do The Bucks Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,562

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Bucks Do This Off-Season? 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:28 pm

I think it begins and ends with testing Middleton's market.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 235

Post#22 » by balsamic_ducks » Fri May 3, 2024 6:16 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I think it begins and ends with testing Middleton's market.

Middleton’s market is interesting. Great playoff performer, was really impressive this year in the playoffs but has real injury concerns and his minutes have to be carefully managed in the regular season.

He can’t go to a team that would need to rely heavily on him in the regular season.

It would have to be a win now team with established stars that can carry the load.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,600

Post#23 » by Myth » Fri May 3, 2024 8:52 pm

balsamic_ducks wrote:I think they need to not panic and try to improve around the margins.

I still think when healthy they’re the 2nd best team in the east with arguably the best player in the conference.

They didn’t have Giannis and Dame was clearly hobbled.

Yep. They just need to focus in depth and get their main guys healthy.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#24 » by NYG » Fri May 3, 2024 11:13 pm

Connaughton and 2 seconds for Grimes?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,329

Post#25 » by RiotPunch » Sat May 4, 2024 2:31 am

Rafael122 wrote:First thing they should do is hit on their first round draft pick, and by hit I mean he's a rotational player from the get go.

Second thing I would do is I'd probably trade Brook Lopez. I know there's a lot of sentimental value, he helped win a championship but OKC could probably use a center. I don't know what a trade like that looks like, perhaps something like Lopez for K. Williams, Dieng and Houston's lottery pick. That gives them two more rotational players, plus a lottery pick. It's probably not going to win them a championship, but at the very least it gives them a more well rounded roster.

Brook for Kenny Hustle + 12 has been floated on our board. Would Presti part with that pick for a 36 year old, albeit near perfect fit in Lopez?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#26 » by Ell Curry » Sat May 4, 2024 2:36 am

Rafael122 wrote:First thing they should do is hit on their first round draft pick, and by hit I mean he's a rotational player from the get go.

I'm not endorsing this myself, haven't read enough about it, but Terrence Shannon to them at #23 I could see happening because he should be able to play right away and maybe even start if his legal situation allows. Castle shut him down, but he'd be the 5th option in Milwaukee, or 4th at times when one of Giannis or Lillard and another starter is sitting, but probably no higher.
Where's the D?
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,804

Post#27 » by Clav » Sat May 4, 2024 2:49 am

Stay healthy and maybe entertain Middleton trade offers for another wing scorer or two complementary pieces for their team (especially athleticism and defense)
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 581

Post#28 » by bdpecore » Sat May 4, 2024 3:27 am

IMO Lopez is the best trade asset they have to get quality assets back. I agree with others that OKC is the best fit for Lopez and they have younger players and an abundance of draft picks they can use to sweeten the deal. But my target player would be Dort, not Williams, as he can start next to Dame along with Jaylin Williams and OKC’s lowest 2025 1st.
Hitting on their draft pick is also crucial but not as much as having a coach who is willing to give him consistent playing time.

I also like a Grimes idea and think Beauchamp and #33 should be enough to get this deal done.

Then look to add a few veterans from the group below and call it a day.

Josh Richardson
Robert Covington
Reggie Bullock
Torrey Craig
Dario Saric
Daniel Theis
Xavier Tillman

PG - Lillard, Grimes
SG - Dort, Richardson, Green
SF - Middleton, Connaughton, Jackson Jr
PF - Giannis, Covington, Livingston
C - Portis, Tillman
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#29 » by vege » Sat May 4, 2024 5:14 am

babyjax13 wrote:Fire Doc, hire Bud.

This 1000x, they shouldn't have fired Bud, but hiring Doc was even worse than firing Bud.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Post#30 » by NCHeels2008 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:17 am

balsamic_ducks wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think it begins and ends with testing Middleton's market.

Middleton’s market is interesting. Great playoff performer, was really impressive this year in the playoffs but has real injury concerns and his minutes have to be carefully managed in the regular season.

He can’t go to a team that would need to rely heavily on him in the regular season.

It would have to be a win now team with established stars that can carry the load.

Would be interesting on the Warriors alongside Steph and whatever else they keep
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,429

Post#31 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:23 am

vege wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Fire Doc, hire Bud.

This 1000x, they shouldn't have fired Bud, but hiring Doc was even worse than firing Bud.

I don't mind firing Bud, but firing Griffin to hire Doc is HORRIBLE

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Post#32 » by NCHeels2008 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:34 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Bucks had Giannis Antetokounmpo out fir the majority of the series if he's healthy and in they probably win. Bucks need another backup PF. Except them to be in the Prince and Derick Jones Jr talks

To be fair, we don’t know that. Indy was a terrible matchup for Milwaukee with their depth and ability to run, and Indy was 4-1 against Milwaukee in the regular season, with Giannis and Middleton healthy for all of them and Dame only missing the first loss. And Indy didn’t have Siakam for any of those.

Mostly, Milwaukee needs depth they can count on. I THINK they’ll get some of that with just internal growth from guys like Jackson, Green, and Beauchamp. But I think Milwaukee needs better ability to defend the point of attack, and another wing that can run and defend that they feel they can count on.

Otherwise, I think they need to move one of Portis or Beverley. Each has a place as an “attitude player”, but having the both of them made Milwaukee much to combustible (or hot and cold) in this playoff series. Having both try and play with a hard edge kind of set them back and made them less stable.

After seeing Minny sweep the Suns in the POs I wouldn't necessarily assume your RS results would've matched your PO results against a healthy Milwaukee
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,974

Post#33 » by Snakebites » Sat May 4, 2024 5:41 am

R-DAWG wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
NYG wrote:
Besides Caruso.. which are the best available?

Quentin Grimes would be a good target I think.

Thybulle could be had too.

Grimes is an interesting target - especially if you can get him for Pick #33 and some future 2nds. He fills a need for athleticism and defense on the perimeter. Also - it's very likely that Malik Beasley will get a real contract elsewhere and MIL will not have access to the taxpayer MLE as they will be a 2nd apron team.

Hmm. Could be.

If he's really that POA defender who can shoot a bit then the Pistons probably don't want to trade him for that though. We need that same thing next to Cade.

Pick 33 doesn't do a whole lot for us TBH. We need real NBA players, not more guys at the dawn of their 20s who have a slight chance of becoming real NBA players.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,368

Post#34 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 4, 2024 6:15 am

Snakebites wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Grimes is an interesting target - especially if you can get him for Pick #33 and some future 2nds. He fills a need for athleticism and defense on the perimeter. Also - it's very likely that Malik Beasley will get a real contract elsewhere and MIL will not have access to the taxpayer MLE as they will be a 2nd apron team.

Hmm. Could be.

If he's really that POA defender who can shoot a bit then the Pistons probably don't want to trade him for that though. We need that same thing next to Cade.

Pick 33 doesn't do a whole lot for us TBH. We need real NBA players, not more guys at the dawn of their 20s who have a slight chance of becoming real NBA players.

Grimes is a guy at dawn of 20s that has some potential to start. I think Pistons got a fair deal for him. Moving him for slightly better deal should be a no-brainer.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,974

Post#35 » by Snakebites » Sat May 4, 2024 6:22 am

Snakebites wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Hmm. Could be.

Yeah, I mean Grimes isn’t a finished product or anything, but he’s closer than the 33 would be.

My point there was not that Grimes is massively valuable to us (I don’t think he is), but that I don’t think 33 would be. We’re already so flush with “maybes” that our first rounder, as the worst team in the league, is subject to trade rumor (whether you agree with that or not).

To be honest I’d sooner want future picks in potentially better drafts- those are easier to use in trades.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,168

Post#36 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 4, 2024 12:55 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Bucks had Giannis Antetokounmpo out fir the majority of the series if he's healthy and in they probably win. Bucks need another backup PF. Except them to be in the Prince and Derick Jones Jr talks

To be fair, we don’t know that. Indy was a terrible matchup for Milwaukee with their depth and ability to run, and Indy was 4-1 against Milwaukee in the regular season, with Giannis and Middleton healthy for all of them and Dame only missing the first loss. And Indy didn’t have Siakam for any of those.

Mostly, Milwaukee needs depth they can count on. I THINK they’ll get some of that with just internal growth from guys like Jackson, Green, and Beauchamp. But I think Milwaukee needs better ability to defend the point of attack, and another wing that can run and defend that they feel they can count on.

Otherwise, I think they need to move one of Portis or Beverley. Each has a place as an “attitude player”, but having the both of them made Milwaukee much to combustible (or hot and cold) in this playoff series. Having both try and play with a hard edge kind of set them back and made them less stable.

After seeing Minny sweep the Suns in the POs I wouldn't necessarily assume your RS results would've matched your PO results against a healthy Milwaukee

Maybe. But they beat a healthy Milwaukee in the regular season. If the regular season is just completely thrown out, what are we playing games for? And Indy added Siakam for the playoffs, as he didn’t play in the regular season in those Milwaukee/Indiana games.

It could also just be that Indy’s super up tempo play is a tough matchup for Milwaukee, no?
NYG
RealGM

Post#37 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:38 pm

Connaughton and 33 for Grimes

Brook Lopez to the Lakers
Rui, Wood and 17 to the Bucks
JHS to Team X
NYG
RealGM

Post#38 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 2:35 am

Above trades plus Middleton, 17 and 23 = ??
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,329

Post#39 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 2:39 am

NYG wrote:Connaughton and 33 for Grimes

JHS to Team X

17 belongs to New Orleans, no?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
NYG
RealGM

Post#40 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 2:44 am

RiotPunch wrote:
NYG wrote:Connaughton and 33 for Grimes

JHS to Team X

17 belongs to New Orleans, no?

They're likely to push it to 2025

Return to Trades and Transactions