Great Eastern Trade: Miami-Chicago-Orlando-Cleveland

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,990

Re: Great Eastern Trade: Miami-Chicago-Orlando-Cleveland 

Post#21 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri May 3, 2024 4:38 pm

ORL has cap space, some picks and could even include Black for a really nice guard upgrade.

Rozier is really low hanging fruit for a team that has the tools to get a legit lead guard.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,089

Post#22 » by tidho » Fri May 3, 2024 6:07 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Strus would start in front of Herro. It wouldn't be a particularly close call either. We'd still need a SF and lack the picks required to get one after this. I get that you've hated the Mitchell trade since its inception, but that's no reason to root for a bad return. Also, you would never know that we're currently up 3-2 in our series against the Magic based on some of the sky-is-falling takes around here.

I'm not rooting for a bad outcome, i simply don't believe the Heat would give up as much as the OP suggests for him.

Agree it would make sense to start Strus at SG, or at least Okoro and have Herro come off the bench. I also think if they did something this significant, some of the pieces we're thinking about arranging may not be here either.

We're up in the series and I'd say we have a better than 50/50 shot at winning it. That doesn't really change our ceiling and the need to course correct the roster.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,583

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:30 pm

tidho wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Strus would start in front of Herro. It wouldn't be a particularly close call either. We'd still need a SF and lack the picks required to get one after this. I get that you've hated the Mitchell trade since its inception, but that's no reason to root for a bad return. Also, you would never know that we're currently up 3-2 in our series against the Magic based on some of the sky-is-falling takes around here.

I'm not rooting for a bad outcome, i simply don't believe the Heat would give up as much as the OP suggests for him.

Agree it would make sense to start Strus at SG, or at least Okoro and have Herro come off the bench. I also think if they did something this significant, some of the pieces we're thinking about arranging may not be here either.

We're up in the series and I'd say we have a better than 50/50 shot at winning it. That doesn't really change our ceiling and the need to course correct the roster.

So you're impressed with an offer whose centerpiece is a $30M per 6th man? I would hope that the Cavs F.O. had their fill with that after Love. You can be down on the Cavs trading for Mitchell if you like, you can even want Altman gone despite him putting together the most successful rebuild since Wayne Embry, but if Mitchell doesn't extend, at least a dozen teams will check in on him.

He's an all nba player. Who knows what the last, best offer will be. This assumes we lose in Round 1 or are a quick out against the Celtics.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,815

Post#24 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 6:39 pm

I can't see Orlando paying that heavy a price to take on Rozier's contract in full. And Miami is counting on this overpayment to help them get Mitchell.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:00 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I can't see Orlando paying that heavy a price to take on Rozier's contract in full. And Miami is counting on this overpayment to help them get Mitchell.

I have Rozier's deal as more palatable than Herro's (assuming Rozier"s neck injury is temporary).
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,760

Post#26 » by penbeast0 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:31 pm

If I'm Cleveland and if, as people are saying (and I'm not sure it's true), that Mitchell wants out and Allen and Mobley aren't a great fit, I'd try to work out a deal of Allen and Mitchell (or Garland if Mitchell wants to stay) for Bam and Herro and add picks rather than getting picks to downgrade significantly. Not sure you could get it but Cleveland isn't the kind of destination city that can afford to let their core get older without going for a win when their core players are in their prime.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,588

Post#27 » by JRoy » Fri May 3, 2024 8:20 pm

Big overpay for a tiny sg
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:52 pm

penbeast0 wrote:If I'm Cleveland and if, as people are saying (and I'm not sure it's true), that Mitchell wants out and Allen and Mobley aren't a great fit, I'd try to work out a deal of Allen and Mitchell (or Garland if Mitchell wants to stay) for Bam and Herro and add picks rather than getting picks to downgrade significantly. Not sure you could get it but Cleveland isn't the kind of destination city that can afford to let their core get older without going for a win when their core players are in their prime.

Bam is eligible for a 3 year/$165M extension and I'm not sure how you build a good team around $95M committed to Bam and Herro

Maybe the Cavs get by Orlando, get completely waxed by the Celtics, and I change my mind, but I was just completely underwhelmed by what I saw out of the Heat's supporting cast sans Butler (and Butler is 35). They were badly over matched.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions