The Suns with Butler, the Heat with depth

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

The Suns with Butler, the Heat with depth 

Post#1 » by louc1970 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:25 pm

What do you think of team of:
Booker, Beal, Butler, Durant, FA center?

In this deal, Suns and Heat trade:
Suns trade Little, Nurkic, Lee, Okogie, Allen
Suns receive Butler, O. Robinson
The only major pieces are Nurkic who the Suns would gladly replace if a viable candidate was available, Okogie who is a good role player off the bench, and Allen who flourished until his injury and is a sometimes starter.

The Heat trade out Butler, O. Robinson
Heat receive Nurkic, Allen, Little, Okogie, Lee
Butler is aging but alongside Durant might have the fortitude to drive the team over the top. Heat cut the lower salaries or trade them for 2RPs. Heat best return is Nurkic playing center which may allow Adebayo more time at the 4 spot. Depth of Allen and Okogie allow Miami to move Herro, Rozier, Robinson if the return is worth it.

It is a go for it all or go bust for the Suns. If it works, Suns are winning for the next 2 years. If it is a bust, they were going to have to tear it down anyway with Durant aging, Beal less than ideal. The team cannot be Booker and 4 guys named Mo.

To further complicate the trade,
Miami then sends 2 of Rozier, D. Robinson, Herro and 29/31 FRPs
Cleveland sends Wade, Mitchell (filler if needed)

Cleveland moves on from Mitchell, no more team concerned dynamic (is he staying/leaving). Cleveland gets to put the ball in Garland's hand 100% of the time and has 2 capable outside shooters. Okoro is getting better and can move to his natural 2G spot.

A lot to digest.

Miami: Mitchell, Okogie, Jaquez, Adebayo, Nurkic - Allen, Wade, (1 of Robinson/Rozier/Herro), Martin, Jovic
Suns: Booker, Beal, Butler, Durant, Robinson (or FA/draft) - O'Neale, Roddy, Gordon
Cavs: Garland, Okoro, (Robinson/LeVert/draft pick), Mobley, Allen - (2 of Herro/Rozier/Robinson), Strus, Niang
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Re: The Suns with Butler, the Heat with depth 

Post#2 » by BBallFreak » Fri May 3, 2024 5:29 pm

You're about 3 first round picks short here, and that's at a minimum.

Simply not close
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#3 » by louc1970 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:33 pm

BBallFreak wrote:You're about 3 first round picks short here, and that's at a minimum.

Simply not close

Miami gets 3 FRPs as well! Dang.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,642

Post#4 » by brackdan70 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:38 pm

I think both teams are going to operating over the second apron so can not aggregate or take back more money. If this were somehow completed both teams would be hard capped at the 2nd apron.
Sign here
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by BBallFreak » Fri May 3, 2024 5:44 pm

louc1970 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:You're about 3 first round picks short here, and that's at a minimum.

Simply not close

Miami gets 3 FRPs as well! Dang.

You have us taking scraps for Butler. Nothing at all of value. The blazers couldn't give Nurkic away and he's the big prize for Jimmy Butler?!?! Washington got a better deal for Bradley Beal!

Us picking up Mitchell with our own assets (and that's not a good trade for Cleveland) doesn't absolve Phoenix of robbery.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#6 » by giberish » Fri May 3, 2024 5:50 pm

This is DOA for several reasons.

It's not CBA legal. Phoenix can't aggregate salaries while operating over the 2nd apron. This may also effect Miami.

Phoenix isn't going to get Jimmy Butler for the package they got for Ayton. It's just not close and the Suns don't have the tradable picks to make it work.

I also don't see Cleveland giving up Mitchell for overpaid, low-defense SG(s) and distant picks.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,565

Post#7 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 3, 2024 6:06 pm

Is this serious?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,938

Post#8 » by psman2 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:11 pm

And I thought I was low on Butler's trade value. Nurk at best is neutral value, but more likely still a little negative.... he is not a prize.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by BBallFreak » Fri May 3, 2024 6:13 pm

psman2 wrote:And I thought I was low on Butler's trade value. Nurk at best is neutral value, but more likely still a little negative.... he is not a prize.

Yeah, even if you're low on Butler's value, you still gotta figure at least two first round picks, an okay prospect, and expiring flotsam. This is just...yeesh...
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,102

Post#10 » by ejftw » Fri May 3, 2024 6:33 pm

If this is all it takes for Butler, the other 28 teams, and heck, all of EuroLeague and even WNBA outbid it
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 494

Post#11 » by _GH0ST_ » Fri May 3, 2024 6:33 pm

Herro, Robinson, Highsmith and Richardson for KD? I think this is good depth.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,708

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 6:41 pm

Yeah this is illegal and way off on value and now we have the trash counters coming back. Don't want to have to moderate a thread with an idea that isn't CBA legal so cutting it off before it gets worse.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions