[Wojnarowski/Charania]: Ham Fired, Budenholzer, Redick, Lue, Atkinson possible replacements

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

[Wojnarowski/Charania]: Ham Fired, Budenholzer, Redick, Lue, Atkinson possible replacements 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=L_uJWlpIdI5zrhStXo7V_A&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=akK12lOb350NyqV6TDIozQ&s=19
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,777

Re: [Wojnarowski/Charania]: Ham Fired, Budenholzer, Redick, Lue, Atkinson possible replacements 

Post#2 » by MessiahUjiri » Fri May 3, 2024 6:18 pm

You have to go with Bud, right?

They don’t really have time to experiment with junior coaches. Bud + bring on JJ as a lead assistant.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,708

Re: [Wojnarowski/Charania]: Ham Fired, Budenholzer, Redick, Lue, Atkinson possible replacements 

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 6:27 pm

I want JJ to get the job but only if they keep doing the podcast together lol.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,708

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 6:27 pm

But I suspect Lue simply goes from one LA team to the next.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:28 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I want JJ to get the job but only if they keep doing the podcast together lol.

I would love if the team was just like ... "eh, we aren't winning the championship, but we do have the greatest media environment ever" and just turns the entire season into a reality television show with podcasts from JJ and LeBron :lol:

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#6 » by giberish » Fri May 3, 2024 6:50 pm

Seems like it was guaranteed to happen. The challenge of Lakers level of expectations is this is what happens for any down year.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,585

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Fri May 3, 2024 7:44 pm

well that explains why Charlotte's head coaching search is taking so long. I bet we want JJ but he wants the Lakers job
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#8 » by JayMKE » Fri May 3, 2024 8:00 pm

Bud is the biggest name but don't think coaching Lebron Laker's is the surest bet unless they back the money truck up to him, don't think Lebron would pick him if its his decision he'll probably want a former player.
FREE GIANNIS
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,555

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:20 pm

JayMKE wrote:Bud is the biggest name but don't think coaching Lebron Laker's is the surest bet unless they back the money truck up to him, don't think Lebron would pick him if its his decision he'll probably want a former player.

I had a similar thought regarding Atkinson. Are you certain you want this to be your first foray into head coaching?

I think Lue is the pick here. He's been through it, but really I wouldn't make the hire until LBJ signs a new deal. You're just burning money if you sign Lue to a 4-year deal and LBJ walks.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,850

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Fri May 3, 2024 8:41 pm

Get ready to back up the Brinks truck to Lue's front lawn
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,164

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 8:47 pm

Serious question here.

Shams reports “an extensive search will commence soon”. Pelinka’s been the decision making executive there for 6 years. In that time, he’s fired Walton to hire Vogel. He’s fired Vogel to hire Ham, just two years ago. Each time he’s undergone “an extensive search”. This is his 3rd “extensive search” for a coach in 6 seasons.

I guess my question is, what the heck? Shouldn’t he already have a depth of interviews from everyone involved in the league, pretty much? Other than JJ Reddick, all the names mentioned are long term NBPA guys that he’s likely had extensive conversations with in 6+ seasons and years of being an agent. Shouldn’t this hire go quickly and he should know who he wants? :dontknow:
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 86

Post#12 » by shagadelic45 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:48 pm

of the guys currently avail (no lue or vogel).....atkinson and bud have to be top 2.....the idea of JJ is interesting but not for someone's very first, no experience, coaching gig
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 970

Post#13 » by BuddyBuckets » Sat May 4, 2024 8:05 am

They need Tony Robbins, not an X and O guy. Leave that to the assistant coaches. Lakers have talent just seem in cohesive and lacking fire.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,601

Post#14 » by Devilanche » Sat May 4, 2024 8:37 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Serious question here.

Shams reports “an extensive search will commence soon”. Pelinka’s been the decision making executive there for 6 years. In that time, he’s fired Walton to hire Vogel. He’s fired Vogel to hire Ham, just two years ago. Each time he’s undergone “an extensive search”. This is his 3rd “extensive search” for a coach in 6 seasons.

I guess my question is, what the heck? Shouldn’t he already have a depth of interviews from everyone involved in the league, pretty much? Other than JJ Reddick, all the names mentioned are long term NBPA guys that he’s likely had extensive conversations with in 6+ seasons and years of being an agent. Shouldn’t this hire go quickly and he should know who he wants? :dontknow:

Let’s go deeper . It’s probably time to replace pelinka as well.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,363

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:50 am

Devilanche wrote:

Pelinka needed to be fired about 2 seasons ago.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#16 » by Slava » Sat May 4, 2024 8:55 am

Lue would be a solid hire but he still has a year left with the clippers and they can’t find an upgrade on him, so I don’t expect that to be straightforward. He probably signs an extension there once they figure out what they want to do with George and Harden.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MoreyWins
Sophomore
And1: 116

Post#17 » by MoreyWins » Sat May 4, 2024 9:28 am

Vogel should be available soon
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,601

Post#18 » by Devilanche » Sat May 4, 2024 9:28 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

If not then , now is not a bad time.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,164

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 4, 2024 12:50 pm

Devilanche wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Let’s go deeper . It’s probably time to replace pelinka as well.

If not then , now is not a bad time.

I don’t necessarily disagree, though I’m generally a fan of a Governor hiring a GM they trust and can work with and letting them cook a long time, even if they’re not winning championships right away. Sometimes, Pelinka misses, but if Buss trusts the process that led to it? :dontknow:

Return to Trades and Transactions