NOP - Dallas

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,451

NOP - Dallas 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 3, 2024 8:17 pm

NOP trade: Murphy III
Dallas trade: Lively

Why for NOP: get C of future and delay tax clock for 2 years
Why for Dallas: Gafford has been great as starting C. Get long term starter at SF
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,646

Re: NOP - Dallas 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 3, 2024 8:21 pm

It’s interesting to see how Lively is valued and how wrong I was with my draft take..
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 235

Post#3 » by balsamic_ducks » Fri May 3, 2024 8:24 pm

The pelicans can't afford to lose Trey's shooting next to zion. They have the assets to solve the center position without giving up Trey
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,705

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 8:25 pm

Before Gafford's playoff play I think I probably swallow hard and do this. Got to say I've been really disheartened by how Gafford looks in these bigger games. Now maybe he's just hurt and he's really that guy who played great once he got to Dallas. IDK

I do really like Murphy though. OTOH losing 2 cheap years is a lot for a team with a high payroll and no way of knowing how willing to spend the Vegas guys are.

I'm torn lol. Maybe the Pels fans will come in and hate this and solve the issue for me.

Oh and like jay, I definitely was not in love with Lively when they took him. Glad to have been wrong on him.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#5 » by Ell Curry » Fri May 3, 2024 8:34 pm

I think this Murphy has way more value.

As the Pels fan said 2 posts earlier, the Pels would probably rather trade some of their extra future picks to get a center then get rid of Murphy. If they move Murphy for a center, I think they'd want at least Jarrett Allen and a protected first, for example.
Where's the D?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,302

Post#6 » by Dadouv47 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:35 pm

I like Lively and I'm very concerned about his impact against Chet in the POs but I think Murphy is a bit more valuable. I just can't find a reason for NOLA to trade Murphy or Herb Jones except if it's an overpay.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,554

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:41 pm

I suspect the Pelicans shop their picks, Ingram, and McCollum for upgrades in the backcourt and center position before considering Murphy or Herb Jones. Not sure what's available for those pieces, but that's what they'll try. At a minimum, they have to get Ingram extended if they're moving Murphy.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,641

Post#8 » by brackdan70 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:45 pm

This seems all right. I think Murphy has a bit more value though. Am I off base there?
I think Lively is still a work in progress but only 20 and has shown he can play.
Maybe send a 2nd or two to NO or other players involved to tip the value a bit.

All that said my impression is NO is pretty high on Murphy and probably not interested in moving him for a guy like Lively.
Sign here
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#9 » by Astaluego » Fri May 3, 2024 8:51 pm

I thought about publishing a Lively trade for Herb...however I will stay with my boy, and live with the result (and I'm not saying this because Gafford has been surpassed by Zubac) I am convinced Lively is going to be a beast.. .a bigger version of Claxton with a better wrist
Old Mike Lorenzo
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#10 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 12:30 am

jayjaysee wrote:It’s interesting to see how Lively is valued and how wrong I was with my draft take..

My tank baby he’s been pretty good huh?
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#11 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 12:37 am

I’ve always been a lively guy and was begging for Dallas to draft him. So I have lively above Murphy.

A big part of that is contract and age. If they were the same age and contract it would be close but they’re not. 2 years of team control and 3 years young matters.

I don’t think Dallas should be in the business of selling a 20 year old who is already showing signs of growing into a DPOY level defender who has very clear steps to taking his game to the next level.

I know the idea is that Lively is a luxury for Dallas but I disagree. I think 48 minutes of high level center play out of Gafford and Lively is Dallas‘ new identity. Nothing free at the rim in Dallas anymore.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,646

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 11:05 am

I think if Dallas is shopping a center, they’d be shopping Gafford with the idea that Lively will develop some this summer, Maxi plays more center minutes and you get by with some third center.. Dallas paid a swap (while dumping bad salary / OKC paid a guaranteed late first for the swap) to get Gafford and I think it’s fair to think teams give up a good amount more after his play in Dallas?

And NOP would be shopping picks before Trey.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,827

Post#13 » by Mavrelous » Sat May 4, 2024 11:11 am

I dont like this for DAL, I prefer to keep Lively and stay with solution by committee at SF.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#14 » by daoneandonly » Sat May 4, 2024 12:09 pm

The concept is interesting for guys like Murphy & Keegan, but I think Dallas really needs Lively. He should get his starting job back next year imo.

Chemistry matters too, so Dallas should keep the core 4 Luka Ky PJ Lively, only trade Gaff if its an overpay, and hope to retain DJJ.

Try to upgrade the SF spot in other practical ways. Green and THJ should be on the block
lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Post#15 » by lordjeff05 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Before Gafford's playoff play I think I probably swallow hard and do this. Got to say I've been really disheartened by how Gafford looks in these bigger games. Now maybe he's just hurt and he's really that guy who played great once he got to Dallas. IDK

I do really like Murphy though. OTOH losing 2 cheap years is a lot for a team with a high payroll and no way of knowing how willing to spend the Vegas guys are.

I'm torn lol. Maybe the Pels fans will come in and hate this and solve the issue for me.

Oh and like jay, I definitely was not in love with Lively when they took him. Glad to have been wrong on him.

Hi we are here to hate this. Issue solved! Seriously, Lively is a good player but an others have said we’ve got other assets to get a center of equal value. Also Trey is a better compliment to Zion than Lively, who would best be paired with a point guard who can hit him on the lob. Zion and Ingram can run pick and roll but not like Luka and Kyrie.

Return to Trades and Transactions