Blazers/Pelicans

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Re: Blazers/Pelicans 

Post#21 » by lordjeff05 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:57 am

I want to say that I’m fine with Ayton for BI straight up but I’m probably in the minority amongst Pels fans there.

Having said that I think a 3 way with that 26 and 28 pick from Philly headed to Portland and BI headed to Philly works.

Portland gets assets, New Orleans gets a high upside center Philly gets a 3rd option.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#22 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 1:11 pm

JRoy wrote:
NYG wrote:
Myth wrote:Yeah, without picks being clarified for value to make any sense at all, because this looks like getting rid of 2 of our best players for cap relief only without that classification.

New Orleans Pelicans get:
DeAndre Ayton
2026 Lowest of Rockets/Clippers/Thunder/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2028 Earlier of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Future Top 55 Protected Second Round Draft Pick

So, our starting center for nothing.

Hard pass.

What if you get the '28 and '29 1st?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,579

Post#23 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 2:47 pm

NYG wrote:
JRoy wrote:
NYG wrote:

New Orleans Pelicans get:
DeAndre Ayton
2026 Lowest of Rockets/Clippers/Thunder/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2028 Earlier of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Future Top 55 Protected Second Round Draft Pick

Hard pass.

I can’t see any franchise excited about the prospect of giving up multiple FRP for Ayton. Understandably. He is fools gold.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#24 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:43 pm

Help me out here...

How in the hell does Ayton help the Pelicans? Dude plays exclusively in the paint, is a blackhole on offense, a low IQ player with mid defense (at best), and has a negative A/TO ratio.

Have you all seen Zion's shot chart/style of play?

That's a disaster.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#25 » by louc1970 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:37 pm

JRoy wrote:
NYG wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Hard pass.

I can’t see any franchise excited about the prospect of giving up multiple FRP for Ayton. Understandably. He is fools gold.

He is if the receiving team thinks of Ayton as option 1 or 2. But a defensive rebounder 3rd option, he is fine. Just over paid.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,721

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 7:42 pm

greg4012 wrote:Help me out here...

How in the hell does Ayton help the Pelicans? Dude plays exclusively in the paint, is a blackhole on offense, a low IQ player with mid defense (at best), and has a negative A/TO ratio.

That's a disaster.

I don't love the fit either. I think the idea is he's a more mobile JV. I know JV will shoot 3's, but his offensive value has always been offensive rebounding and the occasional bully ball.

But the Pels should definitely be looking at different options. They have some really interesting pieces and Zion and those wings make sense to me. But they need a center and only one (if either) of BI or CJ. They have plenty of assets to go make this roster make more sense. And having gotten a more healthy season out of Zion I think you have to just gamble on him and push for real improvement.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#27 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:47 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
greg4012 wrote:Help me out here...

That's a disaster.

I don't love the fit either. I think the idea is he's a more mobile JV. I know JV will shoot 3's, but his offensive value has always been offensive rebounding and the occasional bully ball.

But the Pels should definitely be looking at different options. They have some really interesting pieces and Zion and those wings make sense to me. But they need a center and only one (if either) of BI or CJ. They have plenty of assets to go make this roster make more sense. And having gotten a more healthy season out of Zion I think you have to just gamble on him and push for real improvement.

Yea 3&D centers that are good enough to stay on the court are pretty rare. Those already in the NBA are mostly locked up long term. Given Zion's age, I think the Pelicans should be largely focused on finding Zion's future frontcourt partner through the draft.

Or they try to chase after a Myles Turner in the near future.

I just don't think the answer can be any center that lives in the paint. THat's Zion's home.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,721

Post#28 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 7:52 pm

greg4012 wrote:
I just don't think the answer can be any center that lives in the paint. THat's Zion's home.

Agree its hard to find a center who can protect the paint and space the floor. And the teams that have them don't tend to want to give them up. KP being sorta the one guy who has really bounced around, but injuries/personality/Wizards all factors there.

I'd still like to see them add some sort of rim protector though. You could work the minutes where they play half the game and only 5-6 minutes a half with Zion which isn't that bad. Then find a spacing partner as well.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#29 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 6, 2024 11:43 am

JRoy wrote:Pass for POR.

Not dumping Ayton for nothing.

NYG wrote:Ayton + Philly picks to NOP
Ingram to Philly
Nothing to Portland

PDX would be lucky to dump Ayton for nothing, i cant see it. The guy had a big contract and zero drive with a piss poor attitude
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,579

Post#30 » by JRoy » Mon May 6, 2024 2:33 pm

If that is true (it might be), POR might as well keep him and move other guys for assets.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,544

Post#31 » by dms269 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:47 pm

Astaluego wrote:I think bringing the Hawks here would make sense.

Ingram+Ayton+Thybulle to the HAWKS

The Hawks are consolidating, giving ideal adjustments to TraeY..

Trae/Thybulle/Ingram/JJ/Ayton
Bufkin/Bogdan/Matthew/Draft/Bruno

OO+Murray to NOP...

Capela+Hunter+Griffin+Daniels to BLAZERS.

So Atlanta trades: Murray, Hunter, Griffin, Capela, and Okongwu for Ayton, Thybulle, and Ingram.

I can't imagine Atlanta wanting to be in this. I get that Thybulle is good defensively, but I am not sure he is valuable enough to make up for the value difference of the players.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Trades and Transactions